Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 29, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #5,371 of 18,821
Well... no. When Chord is clear on the potential units impacted to communicate... just to be clear. Don't know who you are and you don't know me. So don't really need the Immediate Gratification crack. No wonder JF stays away! Pre-paid for a Poly in Q1; Waited for the release relatively patiently; bit frustrated when the release date was not in fact global and waited a couple more weeks for North America; using my Poly in AirPlay and BT but looking forward to the App. So hardly looking for Immediate Gratification.

JF doesn’t need to stay away from me i’ve been defending Chord and their team from some of the insane entitled people on this form... I love my Poly—this powering on issue was a headache but at least now i know the cause and solution and am looking forward to hearing next steps for replacement.

but i don’t need a serial number list today to sleep tonight...

Dec 29, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #5,372 of 18,821
Interesting comments on a 2017 wrap-up from John Darko at http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2017/12/dars-favourite-bits-of-2017/

"And the Poly would have taken the Product of the Year gong were it 100% complete. Alas Chord’s GoFigure app is stuck in App store approval hell and Chord asked that I wait for its arrival before penning any further thoughts on the Mojo-Poly. That review will therefore now appear in the New Year and the search for DAR’s Product of the Year 2017 continues…".

Telling that Chord are insistent that they don't want it to be reviewed fully until the app is released, but were more than happy to rush it on sale.

Dec 29, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #5,373 of 18,821
JF doesn’t need to stay away from me i’ve been defending Chord and their team from some of the insane entitled people on this form... I love my Poly—this powering on issue was a headache but at least now i know the cause and solution and am looking forward to hearing next steps for replacement.

Nor do I

Dec 29, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #5,374 of 18,821
Sadly it reflects the society and era we now live in.....a society of immediate expectation and self-entitlement regardless of how it may affect others.

On another thread I read on these forums there was a post in which a user complained that the company took two days! to troubleshoot his kit that had been returned on an RMA. Can you imagine that? Two whole days.

Sure Chord might have communicated better. I know I have failed to communicate as well as I wished I had from time to time. It happens and it's water under the bridge. In general, people can deal better with bad news than not knowing the facts. We heard what we needed to know this morning from Chord and for me at least, it's time to move on to fixing problems.

Once upon a time, when I was a university department head, a faculty member burst into my office with my secretary clinging to their arm shouting "you can't burst in there unannounced." The professor's response was to jump up on a chair and in one sentence question the martial status and occupation of my mother as well as my personal anatomical defects which prevented me from thinking, digesting food, or fathering children. My response was more or less "Mary, I seem to have done something to upset you, why don't you take a seat so we can talk about solutions that would make you at least a bit happier?" It worked out fine. I was glad that my university offered (required) courses for supervisors in working with difficult people, and managing difficult moments. Taking it personally and being bothered by all the invective would not have gotten us moving in the right direction again. Enough said?

Dec 29, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #5,375 of 18,821

So people are entitled for expecting that their $1000+ Mojo+Poly works perfectly?

Dec 29, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #5,377 of 18,821
everyone is entitled to be upset. some are also insane.

I got alot of things to sell you then for $1000 if this is insane. For me this is expected. You don't see people complaining in other threads? :)

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #5,378 of 18,821
I got alot of things to sell you then for $1000 if this is insane. For me this is expected. You don't see people complaining in other threads? :)

i see people complaining everywhere on the internet. view the customer service forums of any tv manufacturer, A/V receiver, etc., and you’ll find people upset that their equipment is not working “perfectly” or for their specific use case.

please.

Dec 29, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #5,379 of 18,821
i see people complaining everywhere on the internet. view the customer service forums of any tv manufacturer, A/V receiver, etc., and you’ll find people upset that their equipment is not working “perfectly” or for their specific use case.

please.

I haven't seen a thread here on head-fi where people complained about a product as much as this one.

I look into the Chord Dave thread, it's fine there. I look into the Hugo 2 thread, everything is fine there also. I look in the Focal Utopia thread and there are a few people complaining about warranty, but nothing major.

So it's quite unique what we are seeing here with the Poly.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #5,380 of 18,821
I haven't seen a thread here on head-fi where people complained about a product as much as this one.

I look into the Chord Dave thread, it's fine there. I look into the Hugo 2 thread, everything is fine there also. I look in the Focal Utopia thread and there are a few people complaining about warranty, but nothing major.

So it's quite unique what we are seeing here.

Fiio and Cayin have had a fair few unhappy customers in their threads with past products so it’s far from a first.
And the complaints are still from a ‘few’ people not everybody.

So not unique at all really.

Dec 29, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #5,381 of 18,821
Fiio and Cayin have had a fair few unhappy customers in their threads with past products so it’s far from a first.
And the complaints are still from a ‘few’ people not everybody.

So not unique at all really.

Well, I guess Fiio and Cayin must have done something really wrong to cause such a reaction because almost every other thread is fine on head-fi?

Don't expect happy customers if the product is not working as it should. And it's not being entitled, it is normal.

How do you think the Chord Dave thread would look like if the Dave didn't work like it should. I certaintly wouldn't be happy about it.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #5,382 of 18,821
Well, I guess Fiio and Cayin must have done something really wrong to cause such a reaction because almost either other thread is fine on head-fi?

Don't expect happy customers if the product is not working as it should. And it's not being entitled, it is normal.

How do you think the Chord Dave thread would look like if the Dave didn't work like it should. I certaintly wouldn't be happy about it.

I’m not saying people shouldn’t be happy, I wasn’t happy with faulty products from both of these companies and unfinished products from Sony, Apple, Ibasso, Samsung, Fiio, Astell & Kern. However I took the normal routes of resolving this, some of the posts in here have been a bit over the top if the poster hasn’t been answered in a short time scale.
People have the right to be unhappy or entitled or whatever they want to be but give Chord a bit of slack here, from the post earlier it seems they are getting to the bottom of the power problem and will sort it.
I suppose for some users though this wasn’t done within 5 minutes of their post so gives them the right to moan I suppose!

I had a product from Fiio that wouldn’t stream as advertised, loads of interference and dropouts. I was told by Fiio and other posters that I was expecting too much from the DAP and should learn to compromise. At least Chord are trying to resolve unlike other companies who are favoured in these boards and just release a new £5-700 product on a yearly basis to address the faults of previous years lol.

Dec 29, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #5,383 of 18,821
This thread has had a mean streak in it from the beginning. Even before Poly was introduced people were talking trash about it, the price, design, I can do this with a Pi etc. I don't really get the entitled conversation. People should expect a working product that meets the claims of the manufacturer. For some Poly did not meet these claims. In consumer law there are protections against that. There are some who simply returned the product, as is their right. Others, like myself, decided to take a chance that firmware updates and Chord themselves would make things good. I think John Franks last message does at least show a commitment to doing that.

What's never right in my view is to attack people the way it has been done in this thread. Why all the anger? It's just an audio product with all the safeguards there to protect you from a bad product. Send it back and move on. Life's too short to get angry at others over such a trivial item. And in the end it really does help anything. That's my 2 cents on this one.

Dec 29, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #5,384 of 18,821
Dec 29, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #5,385 of 18,821
Sometimes I notice when using audirvana under poly render my 24-192 flac files jump from 24-192 to 24-96 every so often is that my connection or is it chords server? I notice too that when I connect to WiFi it says I’m upgraded to 1.0.10 but when I playing music poly scene sometimes shows 1.0.6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back