Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 25, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #5,206 of 18,828
That’s fair enough I guess, one of the few areas where the UK may be better in terms of refunds etc.

My unit works fine in the modes that I need, powers on, charges and connects first time etc etc.
I’d still be returning for an exchange though in case it’s a faulty unit ( although don’t know if that’s possible state side).

Dear McCol,

Nice to know you have no particular issues on connecting Mojo/Poly with iPhone X. I have used the same but I observed both problems on Bluetooth and Airplay, can you help to share what is your setup?

For Bluetooth, I recall I didn’t find any Poly connection in first setup until I connected it via Wi-Fi, and then everythings ok until when I played with Airplay (used both home Wi-Fi or iPhone hotspot to stream the music from iPhone to Poly, etc). After that my Bluetooth connection is not stable when starting up each time, the music or say connection will drop out in a minute and I require to toggle the iPhone music output between iPhone speaker and Poly then the Bluetooth will remain stable.

For AirPlay, it is very annoying when I pause the music and restart it, the volume will increase to Maximum to kick out my ears and my love earphones, and could not be resumed until several pause and restart the musics hence now I have not used Airplay more and no way to control SD Card...

Can you help?

Thanks & regards.

Dec 25, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #5,207 of 18,828
I think that poly works perfectly when the network is good.
Today with bubbleupnp and without a home network i can stream the files from a WD mypassport Wireless with the S8 in acces point mode. The baud rate is 33kps. So on a mountain, this setup will play 2 tera bytes of files in 192 khz 24 bits and without dropout. All the pictures of the album are displayed in bubble if i had ripped it correctly in the best way.
(Sometimes with wav files, it more difficult.)
So why would i need to wait the Chord App if i can listen everywhere 2 tera of music?

Last week with an old S3, a non clever man could think that he have problem with Poly.
Now, with a new S8, Poly demonstrates me that Chord did the job like it had presented at the CES 2017.

On the post 352, when i had showed a printscreen of my S3, with the bubbleUpnp App, I was already sure that the developper help us if we need.
But today in the description of the new firmware, i had founded how use Bubble to connect the " WD my passport WIFI "with the Poly.

Dec 25, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #5,208 of 18,828
Today i took Mojopoly to my car connected it with the aux in put the iPhone in the hot spot mode and was streaming spotify... My wife who is in terms of quality music half deaf asked what happened to the music difference was such obvious and my cd player in the car was not that bad, and she could change the music using telephone while Mojopoly was in the drawer. Preety much the days of fifty cd records laying everywhere in the car are probably gone forever.

Dec 25, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #5,209 of 18,828
Dear McCol,

Nice to know you have no particular issues on connecting Mojo/Poly with iPhone X. I have used the same but I observed both problems on Bluetooth and Airplay, can you help to share what is your setup?

For Bluetooth, I recall I didn’t find any Poly connection in first setup until I connected it via Wi-Fi, and then everythings ok until when I played with Airplay (used both home Wi-Fi or iPhone hotspot to stream the music from iPhone to Poly, etc). After that my Bluetooth connection is not stable when starting up each time, the music or say connection will drop out in a minute and I require to toggle the iPhone music output between iPhone speaker and Poly then the Bluetooth will remain stable.

For AirPlay, it is very annoying when I pause the music and restart it, the volume will increase to Maximum to kick out my ears and my love earphones, and could not be resumed until several pause and restart the musics hence now I have not used Airplay more and no way to control SD Card...

Can you help?

Thanks & regards.

Not sure I can help that much to be honest.

Normal set up with WiFi router. When I start Tidal I select the Poly as the output and have no issues (airplay). SD control is managed by the Glider app.

Dec 25, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #5,210 of 18,828
Dec 25, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #5,211 of 18,828
All,

I just did a video showing iOS users how to set up Poly in the most common use case - where you set it up to connect to your home network as well as your iPhone hotspot and added it to the Wiki.

I'm sure you've all done this already, so its moot, but useful to have there.

Merry Christmas

http://www.map-pin.com/wiki/doku.php?id=chordpoly#mobile_playback_when_you_are_out_and_about

Thanks and I will try to follow it for setup again on tomorrow, my place is 1:xx am and need to sleep.

Thanks and Merry Christmas

Dec 25, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #5,212 of 18,828
Well, this is downright bizarre.

After hours of struggling, I was able to set up a Wi-Fi connection—or so I thought. I put in the SSID and password for my home Wi-Fi network, and got nothing but the blinking blue “trying to connect” light. After an hour or so of digging around, I found a Chord FAQ that said Poly won’t connect to any network whose name includes special characters. Uhh, fellas, that’s kinda dumb, since Apple’s default naming for AirPort networks and iPhone personal hotspots includes apostrophes and hyphens. And even worse, there is not a single mention of this somewhat important point in the manual.

So I set it aside, and came back to it this morning. And everything that didn’t work yesterday worked first time. Reset the Wi-Fi connection to my iPhone. “Poly” showed up in the Bluetooth device list, the pairing code entry pop-up popped up, and it paired with no drama. In about thirty seconds the status bar for Personal Hotspot showed one device connected. 8Player showed the contents of the SD card, and it played. Music on the iPhone played.

I have no earthly clue why it decided to work today

The next step, after my 3.4 Tb music library finishes copying from the old FireWire drive to the new NAS, is to figure out a DLNA solution. Any recommendations or list of don’t-dos would be most welcome.

Bottom line: happy ending, but a FUBAR process. Get to work, Chord. The current situation is doing immeasurable damage to your brand.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #5,213 of 18,828
Sadly no GoFigure app arrived. :frowning2:

Oh well, Santa did bring me some Beyerdynamic DT880 headphones so that will keep me entertained for a while.

Dec 25, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #5,215 of 18,828
Glider won't read all my playlists for some reason, no doubt my fault. ..... Dont know if it will play my DSD files, those sre among the ones it wont read.

I don't believe DSD files are supported over DLNA with the current Poly firmware, but I'd be happy to help with any other playlist items that are missing. Just send me a direct message and we can take a closer look.

Dec 26, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #5,216 of 18,828
I found a Chord FAQ that said Poly won’t connect to any network whose name includes special characters.
That’s already fixed in the first firmware update that rolled out 2 weeks ago

I have no earthly clue why it decided to work today

You likely have managed to leave it connected via your WiFi long enough to get both firmware updates...?

Dec 26, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #5,217 of 18,828
Happy Holidays, all

Now that you have had some time with your Poly on the new firmware, I’d like to make sure we have captured all the issues you are experiencing with Poly.

Please take a few minutes to click here visit the current list of issues with 1.0.10 and see what we have captured so far

If you have an issue not listed, please PM me the detail, or even better an email address and password you would like to use in order to sign into the wiki and add details yourself.

(If you aren’t sure you feel comfortable, you can always get an account and play around on the wiki playground to practice and see what it’s all about first)

Dec 26, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #5,218 of 18,828
Happy Holidays, all

Now that you have had some time with your Poly on the new firmware, I’d like to make sure we have captured all the issues you are experiencing with Poly.

Please take a few minutes to click here visit the current list of issues with 1.0.10 and see what we have captured so far

If you have an issue not listed, please PM me the detail, or even better an email address and password you would like to use in order to sign into the wiki and add details yourself.

(If you aren’t sure you feel comfortable, you can always get an account and play around on the wiki playground to practice and see what it’s all about first)

Thanks for the list. On my EERO, I have also noticed it as both 2.4 and 5 Ghz at different times.

Dec 26, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #5,220 of 18,828
Jeremy - great job on the list of issues! Nothing to add from my side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back