Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 2, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #4,248 of 18,896
When I first got the Poly I was reading the Thread and thought oh no... Houston we have a problem. Maybe with luck I will be able to get Bluetooth to work while I wait for the App and I will call that success. But now on the LAN (after getting rid of special characters), started to airplay, and now see the Poly on 1.06. One small step for man... one big step for Polykind

Dec 2, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #4,249 of 18,896
Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #4,250 of 18,896
This post mentions the need to leave the Poly online long enough for the server to activate the updates. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-☆-poly-☆-wireless-microsd-module-for-mojo-☆★►useful-info-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/page-281#post-13888007
I wonder if your Poly has updated, but not activated the update.
It also important to note that after the update has loaded in the back ground it can only activate after your Poly has been cycled off and on again switch
Mojo off and wait several minutes before switching on again.

Dec 3, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #4,251 of 18,896
I tried to update not sure if succeeded as did not entered the acces mode to check but noticed solid improvement of stability on my home WiFi network on second floor when before I had to use telephone hot spot now plays on WiFi without any interference...

Dec 3, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #4,252 of 18,896
Been trying Glider, and with Poly connected to my network, it comes and goes, I cant stay connected for more than 20 seconds. Will try in hotspot mode

I cleared my db on the SDCard and now get artwork in 8Player, but I just tried playing one song, and then pause, I lost connection immediately, and haven't gotten it back since, though my pc (wired) sees the poly server fine.

Maybe all these will be fine in hotspot mode, but for those people with unlimited data, it may be an issue

BTW I'm on 1.0.6
the update does make the SD card update quicker, and the SSID password being allowed spaces is all good, so good work thus far.
Will keep trying

Dec 3, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #4,255 of 18,896
Damn, Mojo keeps switching off, playing a song, not even 2 mins, clicks and goes off

I am charging while playing and it is in the case. Its 22c in the room

Above the Poly in the case its 37c, above the Mojo its 40c, both dropping as its powered off (and charging )

Headphone end is 43c, poly end is 39c.

Dec 3, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #4,257 of 18,896
Observation after the upgrade.. MojoPoly charging together used to turn of Mojo then Poly stopped charging, blue light, present on Network. Now it stays white light, present on Network. Like continuously charging. Anyone else with same results?

Dec 3, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #4,258 of 18,896
Observation after the upgrade.. MojoPoly charging together used to turn of Mojo then Poly stopped charging, blue light, present on Network. Now it stays white light, present on Network. Like continuously charging. Anyone else with same results?
Same here! Even after overnight charging the blue light did not show up anymore. Instead the white light is there. When starting Mojo though, the Poly indicator lights blue...

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #4,260 of 18,896
Still having issues, while connected to my WiFi at home. Music is cutting out every now and then (15-20 seconds apart). Glider was working fine yesterday but not any more (along with 8Player).

EDIT: that's the case when playing DSD files, FLAC works fine on both.
EDIT 2: Was just about to say that it all works fine but Poly decided to restart on its own and playback stopped :D

Go figure

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back