Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Aug 8, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #1,861 of 18,896
@Mojo ideas

I tried preordering Poly with Sevenoaks Sound&Vision in London today but was told that they are not a direct distributor for Chord. I understand that getting one would be quicker if done through an official distributor in the UK.
Which companies act in such capacity for you guys? I was able to find a list of international distributors but that list did not include the UK.

Thanks,
Nick
You could ask Audiosanctuary if you are located within the EU. https://www.audiosanctuary.co.uk/chord-poly-bluetooth-wifi-sd-card-adapter.html

Aug 8, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #1,862 of 18,896
You could ask Audiosanctuary if you are located within the EU. https://www.audiosanctuary.co.uk/chord-poly-bluetooth-wifi-sd-card-adapter.html

I am based in London, yes.

I spoke to them today- they are not an official distributor from what I gathered.
I do have a Mojo as well and was hoping to get the free Mojo+Poly case if that preorder bonus still stands as an option.

Interestingly, Audio Sanctuary said that they do foresee shipments starting around this time next week. They seem to have 70-80 preorders in place already.

Aug 8, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #1,863 of 18,896
I am based in London, yes.

I spoke to them today- they are not an official distributor from what I gathered.
I do have a Mojo as well and was hoping to get the free Mojo+Poly case if that preorder bonus still stands as an option.

Interestingly, Audio Sanctuary said that they do foresee shipments starting around this time next week. They seem to have 70-80 preorders in place already.
I think Audio Sanctuary were the first dealers that I spotted taking pre-orders (either Jan or Feb), and my Poly is pre-ordered from them. I am surprised that they don't have more pre-orders, given how long they have been accepting pre-orders.
This is the latest info regarding shipping https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...in-1st-post-◄★☆.831347/page-120#post-13632928. If Chord anticipate completing a batch of several thousand Polys during August, then Audio Sanctuary's estimate of Aug 14th feels plausible to me.
The latest info regarding cases is in this post https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...in-1st-post-◄★☆.831347/page-115#post-13585651, but you are already aware of this post.
I have discovered an earlier post of mine where I expressed surprise that Sevenoaks were not taking pre-orders, which is strange considering that other dealers around the world have been accepting pre-orders for months.

Aug 8, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #1,864 of 18,896
Checked out a Richer Sounds store in London on the way back from work. A guy was buying a Mojo at the counter- I could not resist and followed suit with a Poly preorder:D
Richer Sounds have August as delivery date- hopefully that mid August estimate is true!

Aug 8, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #1,865 of 18,896
Checked out a Richer Sounds store in London on the way back from work. A guy was buying a Mojo at the counter- I could not resist and followed suit with a Poly preorder:D
Richer Sounds have August as delivery date- hopefully that mid August estimate is true!
There is no way back for you now. :wink: Charge it for a few hours, then just enjoy the music.
I have noticed quite a few new posters mentioning that they have just bought Mojos - I have wondered if the upturn in interest is triggered by the Hugo 2 starting to ship, or the Poly nearing the shipping date.

Aug 8, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #1,866 of 18,896
There is no way back for you now. :wink: Charge it for a few hours, then just enjoy the music.
I have noticed quite a few new posters mentioning that they have just bought Mojos - I have wondered if the upturn in interest is triggered by the Hugo 2 starting to ship, or the Poly nearing the shipping date.

You may have misunderstood me- I already proudly own a Mojo. I ended up preordering Poly:p

Aug 8, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #1,867 of 18,896
You may have misunderstood me- I already proudly own a Mojo. I ended up preordering Poly:p

But you saw a guy buying a Mojo. :k701smile: So there is still new interest in Chord premium product.

Aug 8, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #1,868 of 18,896
We have restricted this one product. We have never said that we are going to be restricting our technology. The one product Poly is something of a a trail blazer, which we have to prove everything out on. That is one of the reasons it has taken so long to get it as perfect as is currently possible. With the technology in hand fully sorted we will spin it as widely as is possible.
Excellent, I can't ask for more than that. If you do a domestic version of the Poly ('Dolly'?, 'Homer'?,'1Qute'?) with Aries Mini functionality (i.e. internal HDD, ability to act as NAS) with the sort of quality you have indicated I'll certainly be reaching for my credit card.

You seem to make life hard though. If you incorporated the new technology in a desktop streamer you could charge thousands and nobody would bat an eyelid. When you then trickled it down to the mobile range it would be hailed as bargain of the century! Start off with the mobile end and you're accused of ripping people off!

Aug 9, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #1,871 of 18,896
Excellent, I can't ask for more than that. If you do a domestic version of the Poly ('Dolly'?, 'Homer'?,'1Qute'?) with Aries Mini functionality (i.e. internal HDD, ability to act as NAS) with the sort of quality you have indicated I'll certainly be reaching for my credit card.

You seem to make life hard though. If you incorporated the new technology in a desktop streamer you could charge thousands and nobody would bat an eyelid. When you then trickled it down to the mobile range it would be hailed as bargain of the century! Start off with the mobile end and you're accused of ripping people off!
I guess your right there, but when we started this project we had no idea that we could make it work as well as we wanted and work as fast with so little power to enable a decent playing time.

Aug 9, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #1,872 of 18,896
Hi all,

Just for clarification Audio Sanctuary are NOT distributors. We are an official RESELLER for Chord Electronics. Distributors are B2B and resellers are B2C :D

We are speaking directly with distribution about release dates for this item and of course will keep our website and social media channels updated with news as soon as we know anything more. We are really looking forward to offering the Poly out to our customers as it is such a unique proposition.

Not sure about this "70-80 pre-orders" I think the actual phrase I used was "in the tens". :D

All the best

Phil

Aug 9, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #1,873 of 18,896
Hi all,

Just for clarification Audio Sanctuary are NOT distributors. We are an official RESELLER for Chord Electronics. Distributors are B2B and resellers are B2C :D

We are speaking directly with distribution about release dates for this item and of course will keep our website and social media channels updated with news as soon as we know anything more. We are really looking forward to offering the Poly out to our customers as it is such a unique proposition.

Not sure about this "70-80 pre-orders" I think the actual phrase I used was "in the tens". :D

All the best

Phil
Just for clarification:
Your website is the interface between your company and your customers.
Your webpage still says Aug 14th, which is only 5 days away. If your distributor cannot tell you at this late stage, whether Aug 14th is realistic, then as a pre-order customer, I cannot have great confidence in the distribution supply chain shipping to you on the planned date.

Aug 11, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #1,874 of 18,896
Hopefully this is simply silence before a flurry of activity ie hands-on, reviews by the media, first units reaching their eager owners.
Starting to grow impatient here.........

Aug 11, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #1,875 of 18,896
Looking forward to some reviews/user opinion on here once they are distributed. Was about to get an Opus 1, but will hold off for now though as the Poly with my Mojo may be a better or alternative option to consider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back