Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jul 7, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #1,711 of 19,125
@Mojo ideas Will there be stock for sale at CanJam London?:pray:
We are putting together a limited number of units at this time. So there will be demonstration units there at Can Jam to try but our Ap and product software will be finished in a few weeks so that volume production will start at the end of this month. We will be shipping large numbers out to our distributors in August. Not too long to wait now!

Jul 7, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #1,713 of 19,125
Yes the first five hundred will come from us with a free case but these will be allocated out to our distributors so I guess it will down to them who gets a free one. The distributors may extend these free case offer numbers but we at Chord can't.

Jul 7, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #1,714 of 19,125
I don't really know much about wireless audio because I've never used it.

With poly could I send all the audio from my phone, like once its connected, all the sound from YouTube, music apps, movie players ??

Jul 7, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #1,715 of 19,125
I don't really know much about wireless audio because I've never used it.

With poly could I send all the audio from my phone, like once its connected, all the sound from YouTube, music apps, movie players ??
Yes you can do all that and you can play an SD card in Poly controlling it via your phone and you can play from a Nas
System and cast to it as well. There's not a lot that Poly can't do!

Jul 7, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #1,717 of 19,125
any indication that Tidal offline will work?!
Tidal offline content can only work through the Tidal app as they have encrypted the music
to stop it being copied. So yes you can use airplay or equivalent to play to Poly from the Tidal app
but at the moment Tidal will not allow content to be stored on remote storage like the memory card
in Poly.

Jul 9, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #1,718 of 19,125
I'm so tempted to preorder from my dealer right now, but I'm afraid I might regret getting an add-on that's more expensive than the dac iteself.

Jul 9, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #1,719 of 19,125
I'm so tempted to preorder from my dealer right now, but I'm afraid I might regret getting an add-on that's more expensive than the dac iteself.

What if you think of Poly as the base device (a streamer/sd card source) with the Mojo (dac/amp) as the add-on? It's all perspective. I preordered in Feb, and who knows when it will ship (John Franks says end of July and Bluebird Music says mid-Q4) and I just compare the total price (~$1200) to what it would cost to get the same setup in the same form factor, if even available, and at what price. That is what matters in the end, to me.

Jul 10, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #1,722 of 19,125
I'm hoping it's modularity is forward compatible with Mojo₂..∞. Don't want to have to throw a cable in the mix. Making an investment for the long run upgrade path, not just the present Mojo.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #1,723 of 19,125
The NePLAYER (http://www.radius.co.jp/en/app/neplayer/) supports DLNA. Can I use this app as the frontend without a NAS? Files stored on iPhone acts as a NAS? Edit: After re-reading, it mentions within iPhone so guess it should be fine. Was focused on the image.

2)Replay Hi-Res audio data within iPhone through wireless
Transferring Hi-Res audio data loselessly to DLNA network audio player. NePLAYER can transfer up to 24bit/192kHz(PCM) Hi-Res audio data. And, can display NAS in the same network, therefore can replay remotely Hi-Res audio files saved in NAS.
Please visit following site for details.

●connect to DLNA compatible network player※5
●connect to DLNA compatible NAS※5

This application does not guarantee to support all DLNA devices.

image_app04.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #1,725 of 19,125
This of course has been explained many times in this thread. I can understand your view point though. I think we at Chord made a mistake by initially calling it an addition to Mojo ..... it is really so much more than that! Although Mojo is far more complicated than any other mobile Dac sold.
Poly is actually even far more complicated and incredibly intricate to manufacture than Mojo. Simply put there is nothing like it on the planet. If you spend over five or ten thousand pounds on a server or streamer and player you might possibly find a better combination but I very much doubt you will! They would be pretty weighty and bulky to lug around too and inconvenient along with their mains supplies.
We know Poly's performance as a product that can do so much is amazing value. I'm sure your thinking that you will be the judge of that. We are very happy to let you very soon and we are anticipating indeed all of you to judge Poly and are looking forward to all of you getting to grips with it. I think you'll enjoy it immensely it's convenient and a lot fun.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back