Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jul 30, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #1,786 of 19,125
All the previous posts stated that there would be no Chord app, and that Poly owners would use any of the many available MPDs.
This strategy is easy to understand from an engineering perspective.
1 - If Chord create their own in-house MPD app, then they need to employ someone to create the app, then to manage the configuration management of the app, as it is inevitably updated to add new functionality. If this is not performed in-house, then Chord would need to employ external software consultants. Either way, this software development/maintenance cost will be passed on to people who buy the Poly.
2 - The alternative cheaper strategy, is to use the many existing MPDs, and there is no cost to Chord, and no cost to be passed onto buyers of Chord.

Actually your both right and wrong yes we will have our own Poly smart App for WiFi setup and Blue tooth control also some other stuff and Poly has been programmed to work with as many MPD DLNA players from around the world as possible this is because we are not just thinking of local English speaking markets. Poly has to be able to work in a familiar way to all our users in whatever language from wherever on the planet. We have neither taken the easy or cheap or fast software development options as could possibly implied in you note. My guiding principle all along is to make Mojo and Poly a smart comfortable smooth and and obvious solution for the decerning music lover. Yes it has taken longer and been far more difficult and cost far more that we'd expected but I'm very happy at what we have achieved. I really hope you all will be too.

Jul 30, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #1,787 of 19,125
Actually your both right and wrong yes we will have our own Poly smart App for WiFi setup and Blue tooth control also some other stuff and Poly has been programmed to work with as many MPD DLNA players from around the world as possible this is because we are not just thinking of local English speaking markets. Poly has to be able to work in a familiar way to all our users in whatever language from wherever on the planet. We have neither taken the easy or cheap or fast software development options as could possibly implied in you note. My guiding principle all along is to make Mojo and Poly a smart comfortable smooth and and obvious solution for the decerning music lover. Yes it has taken longer and been far more difficult and cost far more that we'd expected but I'm very happy at what we have achieved. I really hope you all will be too.

Sounds great! I am a proud Mojo owner and am thinking of getting myself a Poly too! What is the latest expected shipment date- I heard something about August?
Is there still a preorder bonus ie the case for both Mojo&Poly? If that's still the case, I'd be more than happy to pre-order a Poly, which looks to be shaping up to be a great product!

Thanks,
Nick

Jul 30, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #1,788 of 19,125
Thanks for the clarification. I am confident that the Chord app has been well engineered. :smile:
I was not trying to accuse Chord of doing things on the cheap.
Too many of the younger generations seem to believe that creating any software app requires just a couple of hours coding one afternoon, and that there is no additional work/cost involved.
I was just trying to point out that if Chord create their own software app, then there are a lot of downstream activities (updates, configuration management, documentation for the user support desk, etc), that need to be regularly performed throughout the lifecycle of the app, and these all require manhours/cost.

Jul 30, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #1,789 of 19,125
Thank you very much for the clarification. You answered the question we had so that's about all I can say :p
looking forward to getting my hands on a Poly though, it seems to have all the options I personally could want

Jul 30, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #1,790 of 19,125

Any idea when it will come out ?
July is already finished and still no news

Thanks

Jul 30, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #1,791 of 19,125
Sounds great! I am a proud Mojo owner and am thinking of getting myself a Poly too! What is the latest expected shipment date- I heard something about August?
Is there still a preorder bonus ie the case for both Mojo&Poly? If that's still the case, I'd be more than happy to pre-order a Poly, which looks to be shaping up to be a great product!

Thanks,
Nick

This may have been overlooked as question. Would I still get the Mojo+Poly leather case if I were to preorder today?
Cheers!

Jul 31, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #1,794 of 19,125
Any idea when it will come out ?
July is already finished and still no news

Thanks
we've shipped two hundred and fifty for training and review
We are still fighting a terrible worldwide short components market though we are expecting a large batch of several thousand Polys to be completed during this month and hope to have the units out to international distribution before the end of the month

Jul 31, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #1,795 of 19,125
we've shipped two hundred and fifty for training and review
We are still fighting a terrible worldwide short components market though we are expecting a large batch of several thousand Polys to be completed during this month and hope to have the units out to international distribution before the end of the month
That is very encouraging if you already have pre-orders for several thousand Polys.:slight_smile:
Just for clarification, when you post "we are expecting a large batch of several thousand Polys to be completed during this month", do you mean July or August? You only have one hour left of July. :slight_smile:

Aug 1, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #1,796 of 19,125
Will the Poly also feature an EQ with the build in app?

This allows us to adjust the signature of the Mojo to the headphone or IEM that we are using. Would be a very nice addition.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #1,797 of 19,125
Thi
Will the Poly also feature an EQ with the build in app?

This allows us to adjust the signature of the Mojo to the headphone or IEM that we are using. Would be a very nice addition.
i think this should be a function of the player application software as it's not something that Poly has as a function

Aug 1, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #1,798 of 19,125
This may have been overlooked as question. Would I still get the Mojo+Poly leather case if I were to preorder today?
Cheers!
We at Chord are making 500 cases available free of charge splitting these to our distributors who will receive them with their first production shipments they will most likely order some more so i guess it's very likely you'll get your free case

Aug 1, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #1,800 of 19,125
@Mojo ideas
Hello, I have some doubts:
-It is possible to play the contents of the SDCard with the Roon mobile application?
-Still not is clear to me this point, it is possible to control bluetooth? What applications are recommended?
Best regards

It's not clear to me why you would want to do this. The Poly would need to transmit the SD card stream to the Roon core, which would then transmit back to the Roon mobile app (phone or tablet?) and then to Poly? Or, maybe just using the remote Roon app to transmit from Core direct to Poly. But you'd still be transmitting from Poly to the core first, right? Better to pull the music fro the Roon server directly, or from the SD card directly using MPD or a, I missing something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back