Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 2, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #1,292 of 18,772
Thanks very much for posting so much on here and being available to answer queries. Regarding the Poly, if I am using the SD card slot, and my mobile to control the files on the SD card is it possible to do this via Bluetooth, or does it have to be via using the mobile as a hotspot? I know people have been asking similar questions, but I haven't seen a definitive answer to this one yet (I think, without ploughing back through 80+ pages of this thread again!)

Thanks again.

Mar 2, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #1,293 of 18,772
I would like to add to the above question. If it must be sent Bluetooth would it be aptX, the upgraded spec? The technical specs list a2dp but that's it. Keep in mind that if it is aptX capable your source must also be aptX capable. In either case, I can't get past the fact that I will realize a loss of sound quality compared to the on-the-go cable feeding the Mojo. Correct? Please keep in mind that most if not all of my listening will be away from Wi-Fi networks.

Mar 2, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #1,294 of 18,772
I have pre-ordered Hugo 2, and intend on ordering Poly as well, for my wife.  

Is the offer with the Poly case for the US dealers as well as the UK?

April cannot get here soon enough!  

Not that I don't enjoy Maine's Mud Season, or its late winter, but...

Mar 2, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #1,296 of 18,772
I would like to add to the above question. If it must be sent Bluetooth would it be aptX, the upgraded spec? The technical specs list a2dp but that's it. Keep in mind that if it is aptX capable your source must also be aptX capable. In either case, I can't get past the fact that I will realize a loss of sound quality compared to the on-the-go cable feeding the Mojo. Correct? Please keep in mind that most if not all of my listening will be away from Wi-Fi networks.

I think that HuwBT is asking if playback of files on the Poly SD card can be controlled by the host via bluetooth. I don't think he's asking if the host can stream music to Poly via Bluetooth.

Both are valid questions however.

Mar 3, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #1,298 of 18,772
That is indeed exactly what I'm asking. Can the SD card in the Poly be controlled via a mobile phone (Samsung S7 edge if that's relevant), or, does it have to be done via a mobile hotspot?

Mar 3, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #1,300 of 18,772
If I understand correctly and im in the same boat then yes it basically is just removing the USB cable.  You would be able to stream from online sources if thats your thing Tidal, spotify ect but unless using Tidals hifi option there would be little point in putting it through poly.

I want this but for my usage cannot justify the purchase just to remove the cable.
Please take a look at the specification of Poly on our website and at the beginning of the Poly thread if your still in any doubt within in the next few days we will be posting six short videos on You tube these will explain the many and various ways to use Poly

Mar 5, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #1,301 of 18,772
My apologies if this has been answered but I read the whole thread and didn't see it:

I have a Mojo and am considering a Poly to go with it.

What is the charge time for the Mojo+Poly when the two are connected together? I know the Mojo will take up to 1A from a USB charger, was curious if the Poly can take 2A and pass on 1A to the Mojo (so both parts can charge in around 4 hour total)? Or if the Poly is limited to 1A charge input and it will take 8 hours to charge both parts? I'm hoping for the former as it would be difficult to run it in a desktop usage scenario without it.

Mar 5, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #1,302 of 18,772
My apologies if this has been answered but I read the whole thread and didn't see it:

I have a Mojo and am considering a Poly to go with it.

What is the charge time for the Mojo+Poly when the two are connected together? I know the Mojo will take up to 1A from a USB charger, was curious if the Poly can take 2A and pass on 1A to the Mojo (so both parts can charge in around 4 hour total)? Or if the Poly is limited to 1A charge input and it will take 8 hours to charge both parts? I'm hoping for the former as it would be difficult to run it in a desktop usage scenario without it.

The specs read as
'Charging: <4 hours, 2-amp Micro USB input. Both Mojo and Poly can be simultaneously charged via Poly’s Micro USB'
That's all I can see about It... 2A straight to poly or 1 and pass 1 on...
Since poly charge time is also 4 hours I would assume it means it takes 1A and passes the other on

Mar 5, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #1,305 of 18,772
I have two questions to somebody from Chord:

1. Can you please write something about whether it will be possible to download content from streaming apps like Tidal or Spotify to the SD card of the Poly? So is it basically possible on an iphone, to choose "store content on SD card" in the Spotify settings, just as it is possible on Android devices?

2. How will you choose the 500 people who receive a free case? Can the preorder be done at any chord partner store world wide, or do I have to preorder directly at Chord, UK?

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back