Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 19, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #1,201 of 18,821
Feb 19, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #1,202 of 18,821

My apologies, I may have been mislead by a blog. Would something like Roon work? It may be too expensive for most, of course.

Poly will be Roon ready

http://www.head-fi.org/t/829906/chord-electronics-ces-launch-extravaganza/555#post_13148075
http://www.head-fi.org/t/829906/chord-electronics-ces-launch-extravaganza/555#post_13148104

The question was not so much about Roon support (it was announced in the Poly introduction), but how to play Tidal/Spotify offline DRM files on Poly/Mojo. On iOS, this should be possible by running the Tidal/Spotify app and using AirPlay. On Android, it isn't clear how. Roon was suggested as a possible solution, but I have a feeling that it might not work: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/offline-music-in-tidal-roon/12937/4

Chord needs to chime in on this topic.

Feb 19, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #1,203 of 18,821

The question was not so much about Roon support (it was announced in the Poly introduction), but how to play Tidal/Spotify offline DRM files on Poly/Mojo. On iOS, this should be possible by running the Tidal/Spotify app and using AirPlay. On Android, it isn't clear how. Roon was suggested as a possible solution, but I have a feeling that it might not work: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/offline-music-in-tidal-roon/12937/4

Chord needs to chime in on this topic.

Yeah, I meant using Roon as a workaround to stream offline TIDAL content without Internet connectivity.

@rkw's link is helpful. While it states that the desktop app disallows offline content (I'm on Linux and can only use the Web player on Chrome), there isn't information about mobile use.

Feb 19, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #1,204 of 18,821

Yeah, I meant using Roon as a workaround to stream offline TIDAL content without Internet connectivity.

@rkw's link is helpful. While it states that the desktop app disallows offline content (I'm on Linux and can only use the Web player on Chrome), there isn't information about mobile use.

No Roon doesn't support offline content playback, only Tidal's own mobile app will do.

Feb 20, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #1,205 of 18,821
If Chord announce MQA support for this then i'll be first in line! MQA's gaining traction and from what ive heard so far i cant wait for more cintent to drop.

One thing that has got me thinking though; would the convienance of going cable free outweigh the improvement in sound quality id get from purchasing a Wyred4sound Recovery? Not to mention the savimg of around £300 from purchasing a recovery!

Current setup is...anrdoid tablet- audioquest otg adaptor-chord usb cable-audioquest usb b to micro adaptor-mojo-audioquest 3.5mm to rca adaptor-chord shawline rca cable to naim nait xs amp - kef ls50 speaker's.

What do you rhink guys?

Feb 20, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #1,206 of 18,821
If Chord announce MQA support for this then i'll be first in line! MQA's gaining traction and from what ive heard so far i cant wait for more cintent to drop.

One thing that has got me thinking though; would the convienance of going cable free outweigh the improvement in sound quality id get from purchasing a Wyred4sound Recovery? Not to mention the savimg of around £300 from purchasing a recovery!

Current setup is...anrdoid tablet- audioquest otg adaptor-chord usb cable-audioquest usb b to micro adaptor-mojo-audioquest 3.5mm to rca adaptor-chord shawline rca cable to naim nait xs amp - kef ls50 speaker's.

What do you rhink guys?

I think performance might be similar but you get the added benefit of bitperfect playback, ease of use for use when on the go, hassle free experience in general.

Feb 20, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #1,207 of 18,821

What do you rhink guys?

This has already been discussed neither MQA or a USB re-clocker offer any real advantages when using a Mojo. 

Feb 20, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #1,208 of 18,821
This has already been discussed neither MQA or a USB re-clocker offer any real advantages when using a Mojo. 

Really, where is this mentioned? I've read numerous comments from people who have the mojo and have reported improvements.

Re MQA, Chord have said tjey are in diacussion re implementing MQA into their products so they obviously feel theres something to offer!

Feb 20, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #1,212 of 18,821
  From John's post somewhere in this thread, he said something like expecting Roon to support MQA, so Poly could do the trick for Mojo.

But Roon can do one layer of "unfolding" at best, just like any other software like TIDAL. The second iteration must be implemented in the DAC, at least that's what the MQA specs entail.

Feb 22, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #1,214 of 18,821
I am very much interested in how the Chord Poly would help in listening to Tidal - and wondering if anyone would know in particular about options to either stream or listen offline when outside of a Wifi area. 

I currently have a Chord Hugo and it sounds divine when paired with my Noble K10's. But the rate limiting step in my enjoyment is the finicky nature of the CCK - sometimes my iPhone recognizes it, sometimes it doesn't. And there is nothing more dispiriting when starting a morning run, hoping too get my jam on and then realizing the Hugo is just going to sit like a brick in my fanny pack. Sometimes setting and resetting does the trick, sometimes it doesn't. I know there has to be be a better way, and I was hoping the Mojo/Poly combo would be a good portable option that is more frustration-free. Not having to do curls with a hefty iPhone/Hugo stack every time I want to toggle to a different song would be a bonus. 

If its use is limited to wifi areas, I may just go without it, but if there is an option to give me more of a reason to get up for a morning run I would welcome the opportunity.

Feb 22, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #1,215 of 18,821
  I am very much interested in how the Chord Poly would help in listening to Tidal - and wondering if anyone would know in particular about options to either stream or listen offline when outside of a Wifi area. 

I currently have a Chord Hugo and it sounds divine when paired with my Noble K10's. But the rate limiting step in my enjoyment is the finicky nature of the CCK - sometimes my iPhone recognizes it, sometimes it doesn't. And there is nothing more dispiriting when starting a morning run, hoping too get my jam on and then realizing the Hugo is just going to sit like a brick in my fanny pack. Sometimes setting and resetting does the trick, sometimes it doesn't. I know there has to be be a better way, and I was hoping the Mojo/Poly combo would be a good portable option that is more frustration-free. Not having to do curls with a hefty iPhone/Hugo stack every time I want to toggle to a different song would be a bonus. 

If its use is limited to wifi areas, I may just go without it, but if there is an option to give me more of a reason to get up for a morning run I would welcome the opportunity.

If you are an iPhone user, then you can do pretty much everything you want with Mojo/Poly. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back