1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938
940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949
Next

Last
  1. miketlse
    Good to hear that Poly is working ok again. Enjoy your hols but always feel free to post if you have issues.

PhenixS1970 likes this.
  2. Gabriel Sontag
    So damn weird, after days of trying to get it to work I turned it on just now, plugged it in though I saw something weird for a second so I unplugged it, guess what, it spontaneously started the really quick flashing light sequence that indicates updating... Wow, just wow, I am both pissed and happy since it kinda feels independent of my efforts

3. Gabriel Sontag
    Spoke too soon, again...

4. rq1111

Thanks! Will try again.

5. miketlse
    Do you mean that the flashing lights indicated updating a music database index on the sd card, and not updating the firmware?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  6. Gabriel Sontag
    Well it stopped when I removed my sd card when I remembered the sd sd c can mess with my update, so probably, still won't work/update, even had a separate connection made just for the poly, then had the filter entirely exclude the poly from even monitoring... Still won't work...

7. mightyKyn
    just fired up the poly... connected to roon.. played a little musc

THEN

boom disappeared

now . gofigure will not detect it

What IS GOING ON?????

Chord this $hit is getting old.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  8. captblaze
    is there a preferred format for the SD card, also is it necessary to organize all the music files, or will any placement on the root of the card be alright?

miketlse likes this.
  9. DavidW
    I really want to use mconnect (really, I do), but it still has been buggy for me from time to time as I reported a few pages back:

I wrote to Conversdigital support (mconnect developer) but haven't heard back yet...

One minor quibble if I can get the audio playback to be stable all the time- I would really like the album artwork to display just the album artwork. The mconnect screen wastes space to the right of the artwork with an image of a disc sliding out to the right (I highlighted in red). Filling that space with artwork would be much more enjoyable. Like I said, minor quibble. Stability is more important.

IMG_1996.PNG

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    zenlisten likes this.
  10. PrittiPoly
    Chord recommend exFAT. FAT32 works but has limits on file and partition size. File organisation doesn't seem to matter but I put all my DSD files in a separate folder to make them easier to find as they are not indexed.

miketlse and captblaze like this.
  11. PrittiPoly
    I too have found mconnect laggy of late. It didn't used to be.

12. NYanakiev
    mconnect is fantanstic with my One Plus 7Pro 5g- Hificast was good but this is next level.
    I am no longer used to expecting playback problems or having to force close the app and start it again.

Listening to music on my way to work and back got a whole lot more pleasant. The best thing is that not interacting with Poly over a longer period of time no longer results in the app on my phone not "seeing" Poly.
    Pure bliss!

13. captblaze
    well I managed to get a brand new Poly (first time owner/long time mojo owner) from the box to charged to connected to Mojo to fully updated to firmware v2.04 with no issues. that's a good thing right?

now it is indexing 400 gb worth of music files and then it is off to music land

update

success!! using mconnect player to poly (as renderer)... and now to enjoy some music and (fingers crossed) Mojo/Poly keep it together

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  14. mightyKyn
    @Matt Bartlett

Matt

Perhaps you can help

Poly... fully updated. No probs.

2 nights ago was listening to some music on Roon... Poly dropped... disappeared form network.

Now it is not found by anything... gofigure does not see it.

This has not happened before

What's up?

15. ZappaMan
    Double check it’s not in Roon mode?
    How do you confirm that’s it’s not on the network ?

First

Back
929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938
940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949
Next

Last