Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Aug 10, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #14,071 of 18,742
Good news...poly up and running again...just in time for pool party :) However using my iphone 6 as hotspot remains hit and miss

Aug 10, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #14,073 of 18,742
So damn weird, after days of trying to get it to work I turned it on just now, plugged it in though I saw something weird for a second so I unplugged it, guess what, it spontaneously started the really quick flashing light sequence that indicates updating... Wow, just wow, I am both pissed and happy since it kinda feels independent of my efforts

Aug 10, 2019 at 11:25 PM Post #14,074 of 18,742
So damn weird, after days of trying to get it to work I turned it on just now, plugged it in though I saw something weird for a second so I unplugged it, guess what, it spontaneously started the really quick flashing light sequence that indicates updating... Wow, just wow, I am both pissed and happy since it kinda feels independent of my efforts
Spoke too soon, again...

Aug 11, 2019 at 2:27 AM Post #14,075 of 18,742
I found the update a bit confusing, but it worked second time around.
The most confusing thing was GoFigure indicating that Poly was connected, but Poly continuing to flash blue. (Matt is investigating)
I pressed the update icon anyway, and put everything on one side charging for half an hour, then removed the power cable to check P status, which was now not flashing so indicating that Poly had connected.
I put the power cable back, then left everything for another half an hour, by which time Mojopoly was getting quite warm. I switched everything off, and left Mojopoly to cool down, and when I next switched it back on, GoFigure indicated that Poly was now on 2.0.0. I didn't see any cycling lights, but I wasn't keeping a close eye on Poly.
There are quite a few posts about owners using GoFigure to request the update, then leaving Poly switched on, and it updating without drawing attention to itself.
All I can suggest is try the same a few times, but if you still struggle, then email support@chordelectronics.co.uk

Thanks! Will try again.

Aug 12, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #14,077 of 18,742
Do you mean that the flashing lights indicated updating a music database index on the sd card, and not updating the firmware?
Well it stopped when I removed my sd card when I remembered the sd sd c can mess with my update, so probably, still won't work/update, even had a separate connection made just for the poly, then had the filter entirely exclude the poly from even monitoring... Still won't work...

Aug 12, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #14,080 of 18,742
Mconnect for me too.
By the way if you have iPhone, you can set it to airplane mode and manually switch Bluetooth back on while keeping the iPhone in airplane mode.
I’ve used it that way in-flight to play from SD via GoFigure while the poly is in BT and airplane mode.

I really want to use mconnect (really, I do), but it still has been buggy for me from time to time as I reported a few pages back:

I have been using mconnect (on an iPhone) for the last few months as a replacement to Glider. Every few sessions, mconnect will disconnect from the Poly while playing (other sessions play flawlessly). When this happens, I am forced to go back to the top of the app and tap the “Play to” button and select my Poly and then tap the “Browser” button and do the same as if I’m stating a new session. Do others get a similar response? Is there a way to get a more reliable playback session using before mconnect on the Poly?

Also, when I select any album, mconnect will spin for close to a minute before playing. Is that typical?

Thanks for the guidance.

I wrote to Conversdigital support (mconnect developer) but haven't heard back yet...

One minor quibble if I can get the audio playback to be stable all the time- I would really like the album artwork to display just the album artwork. The mconnect screen wastes space to the right of the artwork with an image of a disc sliding out to the right (I highlighted in red). Filling that space with artwork would be much more enjoyable. Like I said, minor quibble. Stability is more important.

IMG_1996.PNG

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #14,081 of 18,742
is there a preferred format for the SD card, also is it necessary to organize all the music files, or will any placement on the root of the card be alright?
Chord recommend exFAT. FAT32 works but has limits on file and partition size. File organisation doesn't seem to matter but I put all my DSD files in a separate folder to make them easier to find as they are not indexed.

Aug 12, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #14,082 of 18,742
I really want to use mconnect (really, I do), but it still has been buggy for me from time to time as I reported a few pages back:

I wrote to Conversdigital support (mconnect developer) but haven't heard back yet...

One minor quibble if I can get the audio playback to be stable all the time- I would really like the album artwork to display just the album artwork. The mconnect screen wastes space to the right of the artwork with an image of a disc sliding out to the right (I highlighted in red). Filling that space with artwork would be much more enjoyable. Like I said, minor quibble. Stability is more important.

I too have found mconnect laggy of late. It didn't used to be.

Aug 13, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #14,083 of 18,742
mconnect is fantanstic with my One Plus 7Pro 5g- Hificast was good but this is next level.
I am no longer used to expecting playback problems or having to force close the app and start it again.

Listening to music on my way to work and back got a whole lot more pleasant. The best thing is that not interacting with Poly over a longer period of time no longer results in the app on my phone not "seeing" Poly.
Pure bliss!

Aug 13, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #14,084 of 18,742
well I managed to get a brand new Poly (first time owner/long time mojo owner) from the box to charged to connected to Mojo to fully updated to firmware v2.04 with no issues. that's a good thing right?

now it is indexing 400 gb worth of music files and then it is off to music land

update

success!! using mconnect player to poly (as renderer)... and now to enjoy some music and (fingers crossed) Mojo/Poly keep it together

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back