Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 2, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #13,248 of 18,818
Since the firmware update to Poly 2.0, I am thinking that the posts are a bit more positive. Am I right or mistaken, please anyone? Is the Poly running generally better or a lot better, or no better please?

I would still only use a Poly as an SD-card transport. I have wifi off in my home and only use cabled internet. A Poly would really only be a DAP to me, so is it more functional as that now?

Last edited:
May 2, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #13,249 of 18,818
May 2, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #13,250 of 18,818
To answer your question in simple
DLNA tidal sounds better than airplay tidal

Polys usb connection off sd card sounds the best and it’s the best sound you can get to mojo
Airplay is limited to 44khz

May 2, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #13,251 of 18,818
Since the firmware update to Poly 2.0, I am thinking that the posts are a bit more positive. Am I right or mistaken, please anyone. Is the Poly running generally better or a lot better, or no better please?

I would still only use a Poly as an SD-card transport. I have wifi off in my home and only use cabled internet. A Poly would really only a DAP to me, so is it more functional as that now?

Since the 2.0 update Poly is more functional in every way. Poly seems to boot up faster, GoFigure connects faster, SD Playlists load up faster, Most previous bugs have been fixed, even Slightly Improved Sound Signature vs older FW.
I also agree with others that Poly brings out the very best of Mojo in terms of SQ.
Mojo-Poly combo has been my daily grind critical audio listening device for about a year now.

May 2, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #13,252 of 18,818
Since the 2.0 update Poly is more functional in every way. Poly seems to boot up faster, GoFigure connects faster, SD Playlists load up faster, Most previous bugs have been fixed, even Slightly Improved Sound Signature vs older FW.
I also agree with others that Poly brings out the very best of Mojo in terms of SQ.
Mojo-Poly combo has been my daily grind critical audio listening device for about a year now.

Exactly what I want to hear with my Poly arriving today :). However, maybe I should've waited post Chord announcement at Munich High End in a few days. Who knows what will happen (well, Chord knows...)

May 2, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #13,254 of 18,818

Interesting, thank you. I have been reading posts recently and looking posts about software that operates the SD-card player, also. I would be using Android if I did, and I was not sure GoFigure was up to date for Android. (I would never buy an iPhone, so that's why. Neither do I have a smartphone yet.) However I thought I saw some folk struggling a bit with Android apps. Will have to go back over the last few pages.

May 2, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #13,255 of 18,818
Interesting, thank you. I have been reading posts recently and looking posts about software that operates the SD-card player, also. I would be using Android if I did, and I was not sure GoFigure was up to date for Android. (I would never buy an iPhone, so that's why. Neither do I have a smartphone yet.) However I thought I saw some folk struggling a bit with Android apps. Will have to go back over the last few pages.
I think you are a bit ambitious if you don't even have a smartphone.
Do you have a tablet that you could use instead?

May 2, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #13,256 of 18,818
Be aware that even at this stage in Poly's development it's not a mainstream super user friendly consumer electronics item and won't hold your hand getting it working. It can be frustrating and inscrutable to newcomers. I'd guess doubly so if you don't already have a smartphone. We can help you out here but it's something to bear in mind!

May 3, 2019 at 3:00 AM Post #13,257 of 18,818
Hi All

On the old firmware I had no issues, everything just worked for me. But I think I might have stumbled on a bug in v2.0. Has anyone else seem this ?

Start from everything working fine.
Power down remove SD (400Gb) put in my PC and update music folder from my master to SD using robocopy. All Music is in a subfolder called Music.
Insert SD enter GoFigure and update database.
Then I can't connect to the poly over wifi with any app.
This persists through reboots re-indexes.

If I pop the SD and manually delete the DB index files and re-index it all starts working again.

Is this the server crashing issue I keep reading snippets about ?

May 3, 2019 at 3:30 AM Post #13,258 of 18,818
Hi All

On the old firmware I had no issues, everything just worked for me. But I think I might have stumbled on a bug in v2.0. Has anyone else seem this ?

Power down remove SD (400Gb) put in my PC and update music folder from my master to SD using robocopy. All Music is in a subfolder called Music.

If I pop the SD and manually delete the DB index files and re-index it all starts working again.

Not sure if this is the same. I reported this to Chord -

My fault with MPD is simpler than this. Switching on Poly often results in MPD apps being unable to connect, nor Poly to be used as renderer on dlna apps. This can happen several times a day (never happened on previous firmware).

I have no need to delete (nor the opportunity to delete if I am mobile) index files. Solution - Eject SD card, power down, power up, reinsert card and connection is restablished. This is a pain which I hope is being looked at.

I did try deleting index files but it seems to make no difference to simply ejecting SD card and reinserting on power up.

I experience this on Android 9.0 (Samsung Note 9) using MALP and MAFA clients , and BubbleUPnP (android) and MusicBee (p.c.) for the rendering issue.

Otherwise, once the connection is established the thing is solid.

May 3, 2019 at 3:31 AM Post #13,259 of 18,818
Hi All

Hi @MaxD
When you insert the SD card back into Poly after a few seconds you should see the P status start to flash as Poly automatically re-indexes the database.
Can you let me know if that is happening and whether once finished you can see Poly as a server again on your apps.

May 3, 2019 at 3:44 AM Post #13,260 of 18,818
Wow thanks for the quick response people :). I just went through the same process but without Manually deleting the Database. That worked too. So it looks like the same issue.
@Matt, Yes that worked. As long as it keeps me listening I'm OK. If you need anyone to test your fix :) don't hesitate to ask....

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back