Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 12, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #11,208 of 18,821
Hi @Gr8h8m. Just to understand is then when using the Quickplay function? It doesn't happen on iOS GoFigure so we will check what is going with the Android version.

Hi Matt - this isn't using Quickplay - this is on GoFigure (Android latest beta) start up:
Steps to reproduce:
i) Switch Poly on
ii) Open M.A.L.P - start album playback
iii) Turn on Bluetooth
iv) Open GoFigure & connect to Poly
Result - On reaching GoFigure home screen Poly will halt playback. Checking back at M.A.L.P it has also wiped the current playlist, so I can't even just recommence playback.

Are you using ios or droid ?
On my poly, ios playlists show up in alphabetical order. Numbered playlist names/albums come first and then those named A-Z
This is using the latest Android Beta - MPD playlists show up in Quickplay in what appears to be random order, but certainly not alphabeticized or numbered. I've got well over 100 playlists on there, mainly made in anticipation of Quickplay - and its no fun sorting through them at all! In M.A.L.P they all show up nicely ordered which is what I'd expect.

Hi Matt, this new app update is a good one, it detects and connects to the Poly without fail. And it does connect to the Poly even when it's already on the WiFi network.
Agreed! That is something we can congratulate them about - haven't had one connection issue with the latest GoFigure so far (touch wood). Still taking ages to connect though and it should really cache more information (playlists for one) to speed things up imho.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #11,209 of 18,821
The Qobuz site would not allow sign up, so I went thru Apple.

No option for “studio” hi res.

Is this just for US?
Opinions on Qubuz for poly?

My wife misses streaming.
I use qobuz in the UK on Android with poly. Works perfectly with Bubble upnp. I don't subscribe to the high res streaming version of qobuz though. I tend to stream CD quality to try things out then if I like it I buy it in high res. The great thing with qobuz is that you can buy the high res file at CD price or lower if you subscribe to qobuz sublime. Suits me perfectly. But I don't know a way of playing offline qobuz albums through poly without having bought them first.

Nov 13, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #11,210 of 18,821
I use qobuz in the UK on Android with poly. Works perfectly with Bubble upnp. I don't subscribe to the high res streaming version of qobuz though. I tend to stream CD quality to try things out then if I like it I buy it in high res. The great thing with qobuz is that you can buy the high res file at CD price or lower if you subscribe to qobuz sublime. Suits me perfectly. But I don't know a way of playing offline qobuz albums through poly without having bought them first.
I can confirm that you can only play offline albums in hires format after having them purchased. If you download them without purchasing they would be played at CD quality.
The native Qobuz app on iOS also supports ChromeCast in addition to Airplay, alas only standard resolution. If only they would support DLNA (like their desktop app that supports DLNA but still in beta) then we could stream hires to Poly...

Nov 13, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #11,211 of 18,821
Nov 14, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #11,212 of 18,821
App installed fine, but still not compatible with Android 6. Refuses to find poly

Yes apologies I should have put this on the post. This version is compatible with Android 7.1 and higher due to the requirements for the BLE connection.
We are working on older Android versions to see if we can make it compatible.

Nov 14, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #11,213 of 18,821
Hi Matt - this isn't using Quickplay - this is on GoFigure (Android latest beta) start up:
Steps to reproduce:
i) Switch Poly on
iii) Turn on Bluetooth
Result - On reaching GoFigure home screen Poly will halt playback. Checking back at M.A.L.P it has also wiped the current playlist, so I can't even just recommence playback.

This is using the latest Android Beta - MPD playlists show up in Quickplay in what appears to be random order, but certainly not alphabeticized or numbered. I've got well over 100 playlists on there, mainly made in anticipation of Quickplay - and its no fun sorting through them at all! In M.A.L.P they all show up nicely ordered which is what I'd expect.

Agreed! That is something we can congratulate them about - haven't had one connection issue with the latest GoFigure so far (touch wood). Still taking ages to connect though and it should really cache more information (playlists for one) to speed things up imho.

Thanks for the feedback. We are checking this and will come back soon. I will also see if we can get the playlist display to be more user friendly.

Nov 14, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #11,214 of 18,821
Steps to reproduce:
i) Switch Poly on
iii) Turn on Bluetooth

Thanks for the feedback. We are checking this and will come back soon. I will also see if we can get the playlist display to be more user friendly.

Nov 14, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #11,216 of 18,821
I've got a problem if some one can help me please.

When I play Spotify on my iPad I can't see the poly as a WiFi out, only on airplay.

And on Android phone I don't see the poly at all. I can see my android TV but not the poly.

And idea why?

Am I doing something wrong?

Nov 14, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #11,217 of 18,821
I've got a problem if some one can help me please.

When I play Spotify on my iPad I can't see the poly as a WiFi out, only on airplay.

And on Android phone I don't see the poly at all. I can see my android TV but not the poly.

And idea why?

Am I doing something wrong?
Airplay is an Apple technology?

Nov 14, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #11,219 of 18,821
Yes the Tidal function will require a firmware update that we are working on.

Which are the features expected to work when Tidal will be compatible with Poly? I have Tidal HiFi subscription and I would like to be able to use it with Poly, at least when I have a WiFi nearby, supposing that storing local content is not possible due to DRM issues.

Do you have a date when Tidal integration will be released within a firmware update to Poly?

Nov 14, 2018 at 11:24 PM Post #11,220 of 18,821
Steps to reproduce:
i) Switch Poly on
iii) Turn on Bluetooth

I also just installed and it connects. This is a big step forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back