Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 15, 2018 at 4:30 AM Post #11,221 of 18,741
I can confirm that you can only play offline albums in hires format after having them purchased. If you download them without purchasing they would be played at CD quality.
The native Qobuz app on iOS also supports ChromeCast in addition to Airplay, alas only standard resolution. If only they would support DLNA (like their desktop app that supports DLNA but still in beta) then we could stream hires to Poly...
Purchasefrom where? Qobuz?

Nov 15, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #11,223 of 18,741
Yes, as the previous poster mentioned, purchased through Qobuz, often at or less than the CD price with a HIFI Sublime subscription...

Qobuz USA said they’ll be up for us streaming soon. The “Sublime” yearly subscription appears to have substantial savings for purchasing hi res downloads.

I’ve used HD Tracks quite a bit and have found their customer service to be excellent.

Nov 15, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #11,224 of 18,741
That’s a VERY good point. I paid my usual HiFi retailer a visit last week with the intention of potentially buying a H2 (I had never auditioned one);

While I could perceive differences I wasn’t blown away by the H2 compared to Mojo+Poly. I didn’t buy one as I could foresee it seeing very little use due to its size and having to be tethered to my phone.

It would have seen the exact same (if not even less) level of use as Mojo prior to Poly. Now, I would certainly reconsider as and when 2Go is released.

Makes sense.

As others have said, the sound quality of Poly is something special.

Nov 16, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #11,225 of 18,741
Makes sense.

As others have said, the sound quality of Poly is something special.[/Q
Makes sense.

As others have said, the sound quality of Poly is something special.

In your opinion, is the Poly worth it for SQ/musicality alone given its cost? I did audition it briefly
along with Hugo 2, as I wasn't familiar with the music files I couldn't reach any conclusion as to sq improvements
with Poly over a USB/AQ Jitterbug connection to my iPhone or Mac....but the Hugo 2 has an obviously much
higher resolution and much larger soundstage - listening to Mojo then to Hugo 2 is like watching a movie on
a nice laptop, and then in the theater.

There are many different opinions on Poly's worth, I would mainly be interested in using the SD card
to listen to uncompressed files, as this gives the best sq.

Opinions? How much of an improvement does Poly give and in what ways?

Nov 17, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #11,226 of 18,741
6 month Poly owner here. Im taking another crack at getting my Poly set up proper. Have been resorting to Hotspot mode.
I CAN DO:
1. hotspot mode, control from BubbleUPNP
2. hotspot mode, control from laptop (roon)

I CANNOT DO:
1. Connect to my router.

I had it working at my last house. Not sure how that happened. the new house is the same internet and same model router, but different router.

The other week I deleted all the saved networks and readded mine. I got it to work briefly through WIFI to use BUbbleupnp on my phone, was super excited but when I got home from work it didnt work again.

Here is What I have tried so far today:
1. hard reset poly with config pin.
(Didn't work. My wifi network is still saved in the poly even though it wont connect)
2. Pull apart Mojo and poly. Turn off Mojo. Turn on mojo. plug in poly. Put in hotspot mode. connect to poly with laptop. open poly in browser. delete wifi connection info. refresh page. confirm it is gone. readd wifi info. Press save. refresh page, press "Manage connections", wifi is saved. use config pin to change mode to "Network Mode"
(Didn't work. connect laptop to wifi, open router, no poly device connected. Open Roon, no device visible. Open BubbleUPNP on phone, no device visible. POLY LIGHT IS SOLID YELLOW???)

3. factory reset using pushpin.

4. DEVICE HAS NOT FACTORY RESET!!!!!! Gofigure for android still recognizes it as "rex". Gofigure says I am connected to the wifi network. current play mode "Everything else".
(Router does not show Poly as a connected device. BubbleUPNP on phone does find a poly)

5. change router name to get rid of a "-" now only letters and numbers. Enter Network mode, everything else. Poly Status is solid Yellow.

FINAL DIAGNOSE:
1. Poly has solid yellow light in network mode, everything else
2. Poly does not show up as a connected device in my router.
3. Poly does not show up in BubbleUPNP
4. GOFigure says: POLY has the new name that I named it, and the new network. Go figure says I am connected to the network.
5. Use gofigure to switch to ROON mode.
6. Computer cannot find ROON through network.

Ok. so I officially give up again.

ANY suggestions would be nice.

Nov 17, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #11,227 of 18,741
In your opinion, is the Poly worth it for SQ/musicality alone given its cost? I did audition it briefly
along with Hugo 2, as I wasn't familiar with the music files I couldn't reach any conclusion as to sq improvements
with Poly over a USB/AQ Jitterbug connection to my iPhone or Mac....but the Hugo 2 has an obviously much
higher resolution and much larger soundstage - listening to Mojo then to Hugo 2 is like watching a movie on
a nice laptop, and then in the theater.

There are many different opinions on Poly's worth, I would mainly be interested in using the SD card
to listen to uncompressed files, as this gives the best sq.

Opinions? How much of an improvement does Poly give and in what ways?

Hi

I lack the audiophile vocabulary to comment but I didn’t want you to think I’m ignoring the request.

A number of people have commented on the improvement of sound—clarity, smoothness etc.

As to value, Ive been holding out for 2Go for my Hugo 2, but I’d consider selling H2 for a poly (rather than keep borrowing my wife’s!).

Nov 18, 2018 at 8:55 AM Post #11,228 of 18,741
Anyone got any problems/tips with reasonably large libraries?

I recently re-encoded my library (18000 songs) to ogg, to get round the poly mp3 meta data issue. That worked, but poly never seems to finish re-indexing the library, it's always disco flashing the light and the poly says I have exactly 17,500 songs, even though there's more. I left it re-indexing for a few hours each time over a period of a week or so. Do I need a longer one-off period for the indexing to finish?

The sd card has a reasonable amount of space left (20gb). I was considering a 500gb micro sd now that they are available to put all my music on in alac format, but if the indexing is struggling for > 17500 songs I'll just stick with mp3.

Nov 18, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #11,229 of 18,741

I recently re-encoded my library (18000 songs) to ogg, to get round the poly mp3 meta data issue. That worked, but poly never seems to finish re-indexing the library, it's always disco flashing the light and the poly says I have exactly 17,500 songs, even though there's more. I left it re-indexing for a few hours each time over a period of a week or so. Do I need a longer one-off period for the indexing to finish?

The sd card has a reasonable amount of space left (20gb). I was considering a 500gb micro sd now that they are available to put all my music on in alac format, but if the indexing is struggling for > 17500 songs I'll just stick with mp3.
Ingenious solution to use OGG! Maybe there's a deeper problem with the MPD implementation which is why they've held off on switching on ID3 Meta-tag support for MP3s etc? Having said that, there isn't an issue under DLNA so who knows? One way or another they should have resolved this by now @Matt Bartlett

Nov 18, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #11,230 of 18,741
6 month Poly owner here. Im taking another crack at getting my Poly set up proper. Have been resorting to Hotspot mode.
I CAN DO:
1. hotspot mode, control from BubbleUPNP
2. hotspot mode, control from laptop (roon)

I CANNOT DO:
1. Connect to my router.

I had it working at my last house. Not sure how that happened. the new house is the same internet and same model router, but different router.

The other week I deleted all the saved networks and readded mine. I got it to work briefly through WIFI to use BUbbleupnp on my phone, was super excited but when I got home from work it didnt work again.

Here is What I have tried so far today:
1. hard reset poly with config pin.
(Didn't work. My wifi network is still saved in the poly even though it wont connect)
2. Pull apart Mojo and poly. Turn off Mojo. Turn on mojo. plug in poly. Put in hotspot mode. connect to poly with laptop. open poly in browser. delete wifi connection info. refresh page. confirm it is gone. readd wifi info. Press save. refresh page, press "Manage connections", wifi is saved. use config pin to change mode to "Network Mode"
(Didn't work. connect laptop to wifi, open router, no poly device connected. Open Roon, no device visible. Open BubbleUPNP on phone, no device visible. POLY LIGHT IS SOLID YELLOW???)

3. factory reset using pushpin.

4. DEVICE HAS NOT FACTORY RESET!!!!!! Gofigure for android still recognizes it as "rex". Gofigure says I am connected to the wifi network. current play mode "Everything else".
(Router does not show Poly as a connected device. BubbleUPNP on phone does find a poly)

5. change router name to get rid of a "-" now only letters and numbers. Enter Network mode, everything else. Poly Status is solid Yellow.

FINAL DIAGNOSE:
1. Poly has solid yellow light in network mode, everything else
2. Poly does not show up as a connected device in my router.
3. Poly does not show up in BubbleUPNP
4. GOFigure says: POLY has the new name that I named it, and the new network. Go figure says I am connected to the network.
5. Use gofigure to switch to ROON mode.
6. Computer cannot find ROON through network.

Ok. so I officially give up again.

ANY suggestions would be nice.
How did you reset using the pushpin? I can't remember for sure but wasn't there something about procedure to factory reset via pushpin has changed since last firmware update, but is undocumented? Have you tried resetting via GoFigure?

Nov 18, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #11,231 of 18,741

[Edited]
The Chord FAQ mentions that one does need to leave 50Mb free for the index on the sd card, so that is not the root cause of your issue. Maybe @Matt Bartlett has a suggestion.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #11,232 of 18,741
How did you reset using the pushpin? I can't remember for sure but wasn't there something about procedure to factory reset via pushpin has changed since last firmware update, but is undocumented? Have you tried resetting via GoFigure?

I did use the pushpin to reset. Push, wait until reset command, depress pin. Poly states "press for 20 seconds to reset". After 20 seconds it says "resetting" (I believe... might say something slightly different)

I am unaware of a factory reset option in gofigure.

Nov 19, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #11,234 of 18,741
I did use the pushpin to reset. Push, wait until reset command, depress pin. Poly states "press for 20 seconds to reset". After 20 seconds it says "resetting" (I believe... might say something slightly different)

I am unaware of a factory reset option in gofigure.
GoFigure > Home > Settings > Device Settings > Factory Reset

Users who are viewing this thread

Back