Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 11, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #7,621 of 18,819
...I do hope that this is a possible firmware bug and not another hardware fault :triportsad:

If it's firmware related wouldn't we all be experiencing this problem?

Mar 11, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #7,622 of 18,819
Finally got around to giving Mojopoly a listen after a week away.

I listened to Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon album outside on my Focal Clears using my iPhone’s mobile hotspot and Glider- it all worked flawlessly (save for switching to tidal and back requiring a reboot);

Now in the process of listening to Daft Punk’s Random Access Memories in 96k at home without a hitch (through Glider, of course), I realised how far this product has come since release.

As far as I’m concerned, the only missing piece now is GoFigure!

EDIT: My only niggle (other than switching between apps) is that restarting Mojopoly often results in Poly lagging behind.

I find that the P status light has to completely switch itself off for reliable operation.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #7,623 of 18,819
If it's firmware related wouldn't we all be experiencing this problem?
Can't fault your logic there! I guess I noticed a couple of other people had mentioned something similar, but I hadn't really paid attention too much as it hadn't affected me before. I'm really hoping its a one-off.

Mar 11, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #7,624 of 18,819
Can't fault your logic there! I guess I noticed a couple of other people had mentioned something similar, but I hadn't really paid attention too much as it hadn't affected me before. I'm really hoping its a one-off.
Just Malcyg and me report this. For me it was only the day after the last firmware.

Mar 11, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #7,626 of 18,819
Just once.
Ah ok. And it hasn't happened again?
It hasn't happened again but now my Mojopoly is connected at home on a power bank. This power bank is quick charge 3.0.

Mar 11, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #7,628 of 18,819
Have just had my first experience of Poly/Mojo spontaneously discharging overnight, whilst off.
Used them from full charge for about an hour yesterday. Picked them up today to use for the day, turned on and confronted with blinking red LEDs. Not happy at all!
6 1/2 hours later and whilst Mojo has finished charging, Poly still hasn’t. Yes its a proper 2A charger!
I’ll drop Chord a message about it - I do hope that this is a possible firmware bug and not another hardware fault :triportsad:
Unless the charger has sufficient power the charging circuit within Poly will divert the available power through to Mojo being the unit that usually needs more power and only when Mojo has sufficient charge does the Poly take any charging current for itself . So this means that Poly itself gets charged towards the end of the charging period so if the charger is weak and the consequent charging period is not long enough Poly will not get charged properly.

Mar 11, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #7,629 of 18,819
Unless the charger has sufficient power the charging circuit within Poly will divert the available power through to Mojo being the unit that usually needs more power and only when Mojo has sufficient charge does the Poly take any charging current for itself . So this means that Poly itself gets charged towards the end of the charging period so if the charger is weak and the consequent charging period is not long enough Poly will not get charged properly.
I've been using an Apple 2A charger - never had a problem before. To be honest I'm most perturbed at it discharging by itself whilst switched off!

Mar 11, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #7,630 of 18,819
I've been using an Apple 2A charger - never had a problem before. To be honest I'm most perturbed at it discharging by itself whilst switched off!
Surely the Poly can never be 100% switched off.
Just like a laptop goes into 'hibernation', waiting to detect a keypress or similar as the trigger to wake up fully, the poly is in a 'minimal' state, but constantly sensing whether it has received the voltage signal from a Mojo, as the trigger to wake up fully.
With this scenario, the Poly will always be slowly discharging its battery, even if it appears switched off to the user.

Mar 11, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #7,631 of 18,819
Surely the Poly can never be 100% switched off.
Just like a laptop goes into 'hibernation', waiting to detect a keypress or similar as the trigger to wake up fully, the poly is in a 'minimal' state, but constantly sensing whether it has received the voltage signal from a Mojo, as the trigger to wake up fully.
With this scenario, the Poly will always be slowly discharging its battery, even if it appears switched off to the user.
I understand of course - we are all familiar with modern electronics. But this was both Mojo & Poly discharging - from a blue led power state to a blinking red.

Mar 11, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #7,633 of 18,819
...we are all familiar with modern electronics. ...

Not all...

chord poly config pin.jpg

(couldn't resist :wink: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back