Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 26, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #6,226 of 18,776
Thank you for explaining why the SW is late.

However, can you answer my questions about the new Poly HW revision that you announced last year please? How do we know if we have a new version. How do we know if we have a “faulty” Mojo, and what is your policy for replacement of incompatible devices?

Best regards.
The revised hardware has been in production from January so we are now receiving units and a program of replacement has being put in place for those customers with switch on problems through out distribution if you urgently need help please contact our Chord help line.

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #6,228 of 18,776
To everyone that has helped me, thank you.

I was able to connect poly to a private network, I don't think anything updated I never got notified of an update and the bottom of the page doesn't give me a version number.

I am able to control via bubbleupnp on Hotspot mode. I am able to push Tidal and local phone files via Bluetooth as well.

What I can't do
(stream Tidal in any other mean other than Bluetooth)

(find out how to update poly)

(located and control SD card in Poly, via Hotspot or Bluetooth)

I can live with what it can do until go figure gets released on Android. But accessing SD card would help.

Really wanna learn how to update this thing. I will be able to access another private wifi connection again tomorrow.

But day to day activities will have me use this poly/mojo as solely on the go, likely Hotspot mode as it offers best sound. And when streaming Tidal (Bluetooth) as I can't stream Tidal while on Hotspot mode. My android has only 1 wifi card haha

How do I update and verify that I updated?

Jan 26, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #6,229 of 18,776
The revised hardware has been in production from January so we are now receiving units and a program of replacement has being put in place for those customers with switch on problems through out distribution if you urgently need help please contact our Chord help line.

When will the serial numbers of the Mojos with the substandard component be shared. Been a few weeks since can't remember what the exact component was without searching the thread. Anyone remember?

Jan 26, 2018 at 11:47 PM Post #6,230 of 18,776
Thank you for the update.

Ok, so I'm on android. I was right to wait and see before buying the Poly...
Now, it is confirmed that android users would have to wait for at least 6 weeks more. Ahem...
I cannot even imagine when chromecast would be available. I will go buy and try a chromecast audio. (Just a little bit cheaper than a poly ^^)

Jan 27, 2018 at 1:41 AM Post #6,231 of 18,776
I’m using my poly in hybrid mode right now on my iPad (pro 9.7) and I’m using up my data. My poly is working just fine while on internet but how can I use my home WiFi. I tried using my routers address and that didn’t work? Any suggestions

Jan 27, 2018 at 2:14 AM Post #6,232 of 18,776
Thank you for the update.

Ok, so I'm on android. I was right to wait and see before buying the Poly...
Now, it is confirmed that android users would have to wait for at least 6 weeks more. Ahem...
I cannot even imagine when chromecast would be available. I will go buy and try a chromecast audio. (Just a little bit cheaper than a poly ^^)
For home use, CCA streams PCM (up to 96khz) far more reliably than Poly, and also works natively within Tidal, GPM and Spotify apps. It's also $39, and turns on when you plug it in.

Jan 27, 2018 at 5:28 AM Post #6,233 of 18,776
To everyone that has helped me, thank you.

I was able to connect poly to a private network, I don't think anything updated I never got notified of an update and the bottom of the page doesn't give me a version number.

I am able to control via bubbleupnp on Hotspot mode. I am able to push Tidal and local phone files via Bluetooth as well.

What I can't do
(stream Tidal in any other mean other than Bluetooth)

(find out how to update poly)

(located and control SD card in Poly, via Hotspot or Bluetooth)

I can live with what it can do until go figure gets released on Android. But accessing SD card would help.

Really wanna learn how to update this thing. I will be able to access another private wifi connection again tomorrow.

But day to day activities will have me use this poly/mojo as solely on the go, likely Hotspot mode as it offers best sound. And when streaming Tidal (Bluetooth) as I can't stream Tidal while on Hotspot mode. My android has only 1 wifi card haha

Dont forget to power off, then power on Poly. That will complete the update process

How do I update and verify that I updated?

Jan 27, 2018 at 7:39 AM Post #6,234 of 18,776
Thank you for explaining why the SW is late.

However, can you answer my questions about the new Poly HW revision that you announced last year please? How do we know if we have a new version. How do we know if we have a “faulty” Mojo, and what is your policy for replacement of incompatible devices?

Best regards.

Hi. I can answer this.
So if you have a Poly where Mojo will not switch it on but does switch on as soon as the charger is connected then please email
info@chordelectronics.co.uk where you will be given further instructions.
Alternatively contact your dealer and ask them to get in touch with us so we can make arrangements.

I hope this helps to clarify.

Jan 27, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #6,235 of 18,776
Greetings everyone,

I was in the happy camp when I first received the Poly—no issues with power on, connection, playback; didn’t have to use pin to visit config.

Then this week, I had the phone on bluetooth for another purpose and then suddenly I joined the unhappy camp when Poly automatically selected connection via bluetooth (blinking blue) over wifi. I had to use the pin for the first time and selected home wifi connection again, turning off the phone bluetooth.

Since then, in wifi, playing via dlna or sd card—stuttered, broken playback, where a playing Poly would suddenly be “disconnected “ from Glider (beta) as a renderer, and on power down, Mojo shuts off but a solid light remains on for Poly, which eventually turns to red and I proceed to charge (I’ve always charged them as a unit).

Are these symptoms familiar, in this combination? Any suggestions to get Poly to behave in that original state would be very much appreciated. (For instance, is there a factory reset functionality?)

Best,

Jan 27, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #6,237 of 18,776
Hi. I can answer this.
So if you have a Poly where Mojo will not switch it on but does switch on as soon as the charger is connected then please email
info@chordelectronics.co.uk where you will be given further instructions.
Alternatively contact your dealer and ask them to get in touch with us so we can make arrangements.

I hope this helps to clarify.

Matt, I may email Chord or not, but I’d like a bit of clarification on what you guys know about this issue. After several months of almost daily use, Poly and I understand each other pretty well. When cold, if I turn on Mojo, sometimes Poly won’t turn on. Usually the power light is red in this case. If the Mojo cycles and the power light lands on purple, this is usually a sign that Poly will eventually warm up and turn on, maybe a few to 5 minutes? Plugging in, as I mentioned above, turns on Poly instantly.

So, I’m probably 80% happy with the behavior at this point. But would the above description fall into your understanding of normal or affected performance? Perhaps there is a range of behavior depending on various Mojo tolerances. Thanks, as always, for your help!

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #6,238 of 18,776
Greetings everyone,

I was in the happy camp when I first received the Poly—no issues with power on, connection, playback; didn’t have to use pin to visit config.

Then this week, I had the phone on bluetooth for another purpose and then suddenly I joined the unhappy camp when Poly automatically selected connection via bluetooth (blinking blue) over wifi. I had to use the pin for the first time and selected home wifi connection again, turning off the phone bluetooth.

Since then, in wifi, playing via dlna or sd card—stuttered, broken playback, where a playing Poly would suddenly be “disconnected “ from Glider (beta) as a renderer, and on power down, Mojo shuts off but a solid light remains on for Poly, which eventually turns to red and I proceed to charge (I’ve always charged them as a unit).

Are these symptoms familiar, in this combination? Any suggestions to get Poly to behave in that original state would be very much appreciated. (For instance, is there a factory reset functionality?)

Best,
Matt, I may email Chord or not, but I’d like a bit of clarification on what you guys know about this issue. After several months of almost daily use, Poly and I understand each other pretty well. When cold, if I turn on Mojo, sometimes Poly won’t turn on. Usually the power light is red in this case. If the Mojo cycles and the power light lands on purple, this is usually a sign that Poly will eventually warm up and turn on, maybe a few to 5 minutes? Plugging in, as I mentioned above, turns on Poly instantly.

So, I’m probably 80% happy with the behavior at this point. But would the above description fall into your understanding of normal or affected performance? Perhaps there is a range of behavior depending on various Mojo tolerances. Thanks, as always, for your help!

Your above description mirrors the behavior of my mojo/poly coupling.

I've also noticed that whilst plugged in (and of course turned-on) stability in terms of dlna playback is better.

This is true using roon, audirvana, glider (beta) and bubbleupnp. Even playback vis mpd (malp and mpdroid) seems better.

I'm plagued with random stops when using the device's batteries.

I've eliminated my home network being the issue by giving Poly its own wifi network.

Could my poly perhaps be victim of the aforementioned hardware issue?

Jan 27, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #6,239 of 18,776

I fall into the same category as you - had cold start issues a handful of times - but in my mind, for a premium product, that's still a handful too many so I'll be contacting my dealer for an exchange. Thank you @Matt Bartlett for the clarification.

Jan 27, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #6,240 of 18,776
Your above description mirrors the behavior of my mojo/poly coupling.

I've also noticed that whilst plugged in (and of course turned-on) stability in terms of dlna playback is better.

This is true using roon, audirvana, glider (beta) and bubbleupnp. Even playback vis mpd (malp and mpdroid) seems better.

I'm plagued with random stops when using the device's batteries.

I've eliminated my home network being the issue by giving Poly its own wifi network.

Could my poly perhaps be victim of the aforementioned hardware issue?

I’m sorry you get dropouts on battery. For the record, that is not my experience. Poly is very stable for me on battery, both with Roon and DLNA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back