Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 1, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #4,171 of 18,757
This update is for WiFi connectivity and router issues.

Matt,

According the Chord site:

"With some devices, especially when they are cold, the process of Poly turning on can take a short period of time. The process of Poly powering on is reliant on mojo emitting a voltage through its USB, if the diode in Mojo is not hot then it can take longer to power on, which will result in Poly taking longer to power on. Please be patient."

Can you tell us how long to be patient. Right now my Mojo, connected to a well charged Poly has been turned on for 20 minutes and my Poly still hasn't turned on??

Thanks

Dec 1, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #4,172 of 18,757
Matt,

According the Chord site:

"With some devices, especially when they are cold, the process of Poly turning on can take a short period of time. The process of Poly powering on is reliant on mojo emitting a voltage through its USB, if the diode in Mojo is not hot then it can take longer to power on, which will result in Poly taking longer to power on. Please be patient."

Can you tell us how long to be patient. Right now my Mojo, connected to a well charged Poly has been turned on for 20 minutes and my Poly still hasn't turned on??

Thanks

So with Mojo and Poly connected together and Mojo switched on does Poly work when you connect a charger to the port on Poly?
You should also see both the P status and M status lights go white.

Dec 1, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #4,173 of 18,757
So with Mojo and Poly connected together and Mojo switched on does Poly work when you connect a charger to the port on Poly?
You should also see both the P status and M status lights go white.

Yes, when I am charging both go white. My issue is after fully charged Poly and Mojo, if I haven't listened in a couple of hours and go back to the Mojo, with Poly attached, and turn on the Mojo, my Poly isn't turning on automatically from turning on the Mojo.

This time I was able to get my Poly turned on by turning my Mojo on and off (with Poly attached) 3 or 4 times.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #4,174 of 18,757
Yeah, did the initial DB load and checked everything had loaded ok but every time I restart Poly or change network it starts all over again.

I’ll try leaving it for a lot longer to built the initial DB and let you know if it makes a difference.

Cheers Matt

Ok, gave it 30 mins to built the initial DB. If I remove the SD card and reinsert it the DB starts to slowly build again. :frowning2:

Dec 1, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #4,175 of 18,757
Yes, when I am charging both go white. My issue is after fully charged Poly and Mojo, if I haven't listened in a couple of hours and go back to the Mojo, with Poly attached, and turn on the Mojo, my Poly isn't turning on automatically from turning on the Mojo.

This time I was able to get my Poly turned on by turning my Mojo on and off (with Poly attached) 3 or 4 times.

I also have this issue everyday. Charge poly with correct charger, the next day turn on Mojo. M.Status light is Blue, but no light from Poly, even after 20 minutes, still no light from poly.

The only was round this is to detach the poly, then connect it to the charger for about 2 minutes, then rejoin it to the mojo and then it start working.

Mine has been doing this since I got it. What I do now is to detach the poly every night and charge it separate from the mojo

Dec 1, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #4,176 of 18,757
Sorry Chord but the new update is a big fail for me ... Poly continues to have buffering issues, drop outs and finally disappears from the network. Have tried this on Tidal, 8Player and Roon (airplay) - it's the same result on all three. I'll try my phone's hotspot later and report back. Can we hope that these issues will be fixed in the next update? When will that be by the way?

Dec 1, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #4,177 of 18,757
Sorry Chord but the new update is a big fail for me ... Poly continues to have buffering issues, drop outs and finally disappears from the network. Have tried this on Tidal, 8Player and Roon (airplay) - it's the same result on all three. I'll try my phone's hotspot later and report back. Can we hope that these issues will be fixed in the next update? When will that be by the way?

Have you tried Poly as a Roon endpoint? I find that works better than Airplay.

Dec 1, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #4,178 of 18,757
Have you tried Poly as a Roon endpoint? I find that works better than Airplay.

I’m sure a lot of users don’t have Roon and certainly didn’t buy Poly just to use as a Roon end point.
Ok, gave it 30 mins to built the initial DB. If I remove the SD card and reinsert it the DB starts to slowly build again. :frowning2:

Ok, so before I was using the Poly’s hotspot and it was constantly rebuilding the DB.

Now I’ve tried the poly connecting to my home WiFi and the DB does not rebuild!!! Which is great... but... in this case ALL the album artwork disappears. This is in all apps.

Dec 1, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #4,180 of 18,757
I also have this issue everyday. Charge poly with correct charger, the next day turn on Mojo. M.Status light is Blue, but no light from Poly, even after 20 minutes, still no light from poly.

The only was round this is to detach the poly, then connect it to the charger for about 2 minutes, then rejoin it to the mojo and then it start working.

Mine has been doing this since I got it. What I do now is to detach the poly every night and charge it separate from the mojo

Mine too. I’m not sure Chord understands or knows about this issue as it seems to be being blown off as a “charging issue” which I can confirm it definitely is not.

I find just turning the Mojo on and off a few times “usually” corrects the issue. Sometimes just disconnecting and reconnecting the two while Mojo is on also works but I don’t like opening the case. Also as you state doing a quick charge will turn it on but none of these options is acceptable

Dec 1, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #4,181 of 18,757
Yes - I get 2 seconds of music and then it stops and poly disappears from the network

I got the similar case before, which was caused by the airplay is still catching the connection in my mobile, so the DLNA will just play for one song or few seconds.

For my case, I can resolve it by double check is the airplay still set Poly as the player, if yes, then change it back to iPhone, restart the app for DLNA connection. It worked fine for me, but not sure is your case as same as mine.

Dec 1, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #4,182 of 18,757
Mine too. I’m not sure Chord understands or knows about this issue as it seems to be being blown off as a “charging issue” which I can confirm it definitely is not.

I find just turning the Mojo on and off a few times “usually” corrects the issue. Sometimes just disconnecting and reconnecting the two while Mojo is on also works but I don’t like opening the case. Also as you state doing a quick charge will turn it on but none of these options is acceptable

Same here. What I will do is to wait for few minutes after first start of Mojo, if poly still off, then I turn Mojo off and on one more time, the poly will up as expected

Dec 1, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #4,184 of 18,757
Same here. What I will do is to wait for few minutes after first start of Mojo, if poly still off, then I turn Mojo off and on one more time, the poly will up as expected

Well “so far” listening to ELP Brain Salad Surgery with my lcdi4 in DSD 64 and only two “stutters” with Roon. Progress! Hoping we can get it to no stuttering. One thing I notice is pinging the Poly is inconsistent and slower than other 2.4 devices on my witeless network.

I have an EERO mesh with great throughput no matter where I am in my house and where I am currently sitting have no issues streaming 4K movies so the stuttering I doubt is my network.

If this gets ironed out I would be very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back