Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 1, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #4,186 of 18,774
I got the similar case before, which was caused by the airplay is still catching the connection in my mobile, so the DLNA will just play for one song or few seconds.

For my case, I can resolve it by double check is the airplay still set Poly as the player, if yes, then change it back to iPhone, restart the app for DLNA connection. It worked fine for me, but not sure is your case as same as mine.

where do you check whether airplay is still selected? you can't select iPhone in Roon. I have made sure all my player apps are selected to iPhone and then I have shut them down. Grateful if you can provide more info. Thanks for your help!

Dec 1, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #4,187 of 18,774
683E3700-5577-45A7-90F3-79253A0CB2D8.png Success!!

Dec 1, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #4,188 of 18,774
where do you check whether airplay is still selected? you can't select iPhone in Roon. I have made sure all my player apps are selected to iPhone and then I have shut them down. Grateful if you can provide more info. Thanks for your help!

I’m not using Roon, so may be different case. But here I can show you how I check the music output.
Slide bottom manual out
226857EE-CD52-4F48-BA82-EA7F17F9BB3E.jpeg

7A3FBFEA-DB20-40DF-9778-2F804AE0AC47.jpeg

As the above to make sure it is using iPhone to output music not poly. Then restart poly and the app, and won’t have problem any more for my case.

For your case, may also be connected by other devise so kick you out of the connection, just guess only. Hope this can help.

Dec 1, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #4,189 of 18,774
Discovered that poly SD can’t play any song directly, but okay if via airplay; you have to turn on the air play then turn off and wait several seconds until a one time blue light flash. Then it can play the SD directly again.

It can’t be solved by reset, reboot or restart the app.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #4,190 of 18,774
Tried 3 apps:

8player can’t discover DSD files;
MPDulxe can connect to Poly in access point mode and discover all type of files but can’t play any songs;
Glider can’t discover Poly’s files in access point mode

I mean the files in micro SD card.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #4,191 of 18,774
is the "DSD" check box to be used in conjunction with Roon mode? I am not home with my Roon so not testing just yet--just curious what that new choice allows...

thanks Chord team

Yes DSD is for Roon mode. It disabled Roon volume control but adds native DSD

Dec 2, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #4,192 of 18,774
I wasn't suggesting that it be a primary use for most people, only if the OP had tried it and did it work, as opposed to Airplay only.

Ah, ok - apologies, my bad!

I think I was just grumpy from still having issues after the fm update!

Dec 2, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #4,193 of 18,774
Sorry Chord but the new update is a big fail for me ... Poly continues to have buffering issues, drop outs and finally disappears from the network. Have tried this on Tidal, 8Player and Roon (airplay) - it's the same result on all three. I'll try my phone's hotspot later and report back. Can we hope that these issues will be fixed in the next update? When will that be by the way?
We have found at least twenty people that had software up dates out standing on their own routers that caused similar problems so check your routers guys as you should definitely not be having these types of issues now!

Dec 2, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #4,194 of 18,774
I was able to update by following the 3-step process outlined in this thread (2nd version). I got slightly better performance out of Roon but still can't get through a full 3 minute song without a lock-up or drop-out. I was able to stream DSD but, again, not for very long. This fw release for me was a small improvement but not enough to make the MojoPoly a daily use device. I will still with my AK for now. I have a Meraki network BTW, although I recently installed a cheap TP-Link WAP and it made no improvement in reducing drop-outs.

Dec 2, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #4,196 of 18,774
We have found at least twenty people that had software up dates out standing on their own routers that caused similar problems so check your routers guys as you should definitely not be having these types of issues now!

Nup - Sorry but my router is up to date and also the same is happening on hotspot so nothing to do with my wifi or router settings. Music will usually speed up before returning to normal speed, I will then get drops and then poly will just disconnect. These are the same issues from day 1

Dec 2, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #4,197 of 18,774
The first major software up date will be out later today or latest tomorrow and one of the many fixes will be a full 64 and special character set for you to play with for your pass words

Thanks. I can confirm that the update fixed the WIFI SSID and password issue with special characters. Finally the Poly works on my home network.

So far it is working very good on my home network without much problems. But it is too early to say if that is really the case.

Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #4,199 of 18,774
I was playing a 400gb sd card connecting through the hot spot on my iPhone 6 without too many issues until the update. Now there is no album art and I lose connection.

I have no album art too, but I will test today if it will automatically fix itself when I will go outside and use the SD player (I guess the Poly has to rebuild the library after the update)

Dec 2, 2017 at 2:11 AM Post #4,200 of 18,774
I have no album art too, but I will test today if it will automatically fix itself when I will go outside and use the SD player (I guess the Poly has to rebuild the library after the update)

Missing artwork for me too :frowning2:

On most occasions poly is not rebuilding the DB when it’s turned on which is a great improvement but it is still rebuilding it occasionally.

When poly is in hotspot mode however it rebuilds the DB on every power on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back