Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 30, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #17,836 of 18,821
Why is it such a pain in the ass to charge this thing? Every single device I have charges with any charger I use, except for this Poly + Mojo thing.

And my 100W+ chargers, they are USB-C or Thunderbolt, so I don't got micro-USB cables for that ofcourse.

Even laptops like the M2 MacBook Air charges with the weakest charger you can think off no problem.

Last edited:
May 30, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #17,837 of 18,821
Why is it such a pain in the ass to charge this thing? Every single device I have charges with any charger I use, except for this Poly + Mojo thing.

And my 100W+ chargers, they are USB-C or Thunderbolt, so I don't got micro-USB cables for that ofcourse.

Even laptops like the M2 MacBook Air charges with the weakest charger you can think off no problem.
That’s interesting - I’ve never had a problem with chargers or charging the mojo/Poly . Anyone else had a problem?

May 31, 2023 at 2:38 AM Post #17,838 of 18,821

Check the cable or try a different one. Most Mojo1/2 charging issues are related to the cable.

May 31, 2023 at 3:52 AM Post #17,839 of 18,821
Check the cable or try a different one. Most Mojo1/2 charging issues are related to the cable.

It's not a cable issue. It only properly charges with only 1 charger that I have, regardless of the cable. Else it only charges the Poly or Mojo but not both at the same time.

There is some type of "wattage threshold" that needs to be met for both to charge at the same time based on my experience.

Last edited:
May 31, 2023 at 3:56 AM Post #17,840 of 18,821
It's not a cable issue. It only properly charges with only 1 charger that I have, regardless of the cable. Else it only charges the Poly or Mojo but not both at the same time.

There is some type of "wattage threshold" that needs to be met for both to charge at the same time based on my experience.
The manual says you need a charger providing >2 amps to charge both at the same time.

May 31, 2023 at 4:09 AM Post #17,841 of 18,821
The manual says you need a charger providing >2 amps to charge both at the same time.

And this is really silly, having to go through all my chargers until I found the correct one. Laptops like the M2 MacBook Air work with any charger.

In fact, I only have this issue with this device where I have search for this 1 particular charger that will work. It is a pain in the ass really.

Last edited:
May 31, 2023 at 4:25 AM Post #17,842 of 18,821
And this is really silly, having to go through all my chargers until I found the correct one. Laptops like the M2 MacBook Air work with any charger.

In fact, I only have this issue with this device where I have search for this 1 particular charger that will work. It is a pain in the ass really.
I'd be careful with your MacBook Air. I used any charger for a while but when I had to get a battery repair I was told (by Apple) that I should only use the supplied charger or the battery is likely to be affected. All devices need a certain amperage to charge.

May 31, 2023 at 5:11 AM Post #17,843 of 18,821
I'd be careful with your MacBook Air. I used any charger for a while but when I had to get a battery repair I was told (by Apple) that I should only use the supplied charger or the battery is likely to be affected. All devices need a certain amperage to charge.
This is true, a lot of low current/poor USB chargers can't maintain 5V as the current ramps up and will provide less than 4V, this means the charging circuit will have to work a lot harder to charge the battery and the battery may well never get a full charge.

Jun 2, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #17,844 of 18,821
Probably a silly question but what the heck.

As the GoFigure app connects to the Poly over Bluetooth and can read and play any playlists present is it unreasonable to have it (or any MPD app) that can control the SD card playback over BT and not have to worry about hotspots on the Poly or phone? Is it case of BT being a bit too slow or flaky to read an entire library with, potentially, hundreds or thousands of tracks or is there some other technical reason?

Jun 3, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #17,845 of 18,821
Probably a silly question but what the heck.

As the GoFigure app connects to the Poly over Bluetooth and can read and play any playlists present is it unreasonable to have it (or any MPD app) that can control the SD card playback over BT and not have to worry about hotspots on the Poly or phone? Is it case of BT being a bit too slow or flaky to read an entire library with, potentially, hundreds or thousands of tracks or is there some other technical reason?

You just have to send meta data and commands via bluetooth which is super easy to do.

It only needs to read, let's say for simplicity, a text file, which lists all the music files and it's locations on the SD card. And this "text file" is updated and maintained by the Chord Poly. And if Chord had a real app, with the text file it could then show your entire collection on the SD card and make it look like Tidal or Spotify with a nice user interface. It can retrieve from the internet automatically additional meta data such as "album covers" and stuff like that.

Music selection to make the Chord Poly start playing your song that you selected in the Chord Poly app, can simply be done by sending a configuration file which contains all the information (play this song, from this location on the SD card) which requires very little data and can be handled by bluetooth no problem.

But since it's Chord .... this is mission impossible for them.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #17,846 of 18,821
Hey guys,

For those of us on Android devices, is it possible to have the Poly on hotspot mode and connect our phone wifi to it, while having cellular data on for internet access?

I'd like to use Poly hotspot instead of Phone hotspot as phone hotspot will drain both data and battery power.

I want to know if it is still possible to access the internet during this situation.

Jun 3, 2023 at 9:55 PM Post #17,847 of 18,821
Hey guys,

For those of us on Android devices, is it possible to have the Poly on hotspot mode and connect our phone wifi to it, while having cellular data on for internet access?

I'd like to use Poly hotspot instead of Phone hotspot as phone hotspot will drain both data and battery power.

I want to know if it is still possible to access the internet during this situation.
Unfortunately it's not possible on Android (but it is on iOS). You have to connect it via the phone hotspot if you want to retain internet access.

Jun 3, 2023 at 9:56 PM Post #17,848 of 18,821
Unfortunately it's not possible on Android (but it is on iOS). You have to connect it via the phone hotspot if you want to retain internet access.
Thanks for the information. Might be worth moving to iOS again when iPhone 15 comes out with USB-C then 🤣

Jun 3, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #17,849 of 18,821
Another thought, can you tether internet connection to poly via Bluetooth rather than mobile hotspot as that would be less battery drain? From my experience mobile hotspot always drain battery very fast and also causes phone heating.

Jun 4, 2023 at 1:51 AM Post #17,850 of 18,821
Hey guys,

Of course it is possible, I have a Pixel and I can connect to the data network with the wifi connected to the Poly.

To do this, however, the data network must initially be deactivated during the wifi connection to the Poly hotspot, after the connection has been established, it is possible to reactivate the phone data network and take advantage of the data connection while you are connected to the Poly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back