Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 18, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #17,521 of 18,783
Not sure what the cost is for both in EU but the poly alone costs $800 usd new. I believe the mojo2 goes for around that as well. So for $1600 usd you could probably have a nice A&K DAP with roon readiness and also a screen.

Jan 18, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #17,522 of 18,783
Not sure what the cost is for both in EU but the poly alone costs $800 usd new. I believe the mojo2 goes for around that as well. So for $1600 usd you could probably have a nice A&K DAP with roon readiness and also a screen.
I got (and have been loving) the Mojo2 last month so I'm halfway there at least!

Jan 18, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #17,524 of 18,783
Has anyone had luck with removing special characters from your wifi password? Mine has a "-" and a "." in it and I'm wondering if that's the cause of my poly dropouts. Changing it will be a hassle so I'm checking here first.

Also I have factory reset the poly already.
If it were a password issue, it would either work or never work, so I'd guess it's something else causing the drop outs.

Do you use a mesh network? I used to have a Netgear Orbi system that had a lot of drop outs with the Poly. Since I've switched to an Asus XT mesh, drop outs are practically non-existent.

Jan 18, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #17,525 of 18,783
So I actually used to have a google mesh network and it worked fine over that. But the mesh caused other problems for me, specifically with gaming. So I switched to a single netgear wifi router with good range. The poly was working fine with it for a while as well but then I upgraded to the mojo2 and things got worse. It might be a coincidence though.
I also added more wifi connected home security devices throughout my house recently. Maybe they are partly to blame.
Just found out Fiio released roon readiness to some of their DAPs. I'm going to consider a switch to using one if I can't resolve this.

Jan 18, 2023 at 5:21 PM Post #17,526 of 18,783
Has anyone had luck with removing special characters from your wifi password? Mine has a "-" and a "." in it and I'm wondering if that's the cause of my poly dropouts. Changing it will be a hassle so I'm checking here first.

Also I have factory reset the poly already.
No special characters is the best SSID and password for Poly to resolve

Set up a guest network for Poly only

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2023 at 6:34 PM Post #17,528 of 18,783
No special characters is the best SSID and password for Poly to resolve

Set up a guest network for Poly only
But if using Poly as a Roon endpoint, doesn’t it need to be on same network as Roon server (and other Roon endpoints)?

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #17,529 of 18,783
But if using Poly as a Roon endpoint, doesn’t it need to be on same network as Roon server (and other Roon endpoints)?
Yes as long as you are on the same LAN/WLAN as the endpoint. I can configure my network with multiple SSIDs on each wireless node, so I am guessing you cannot do the same?

Jan 18, 2023 at 8:33 PM Post #17,531 of 18,783
Yes as long as you are on the same LAN/WLAN as the endpoint. I can configure my network with multiple SSIDs on each wireless node, so I am guessing you cannot do the same?
getting dangerously out of my depth here. I guess I always thought a separate SSID was synonymous with a separate network for these purposes. i have an Orbi mesh network and get way too many dropouts with my Poly, especially (but not exclusively) when moving around the house. I’ll have a look tomorrow and see if I can configure as you suggest…would be great if that would solve my problem. thanks so much.

Jan 18, 2023 at 9:07 PM Post #17,532 of 18,783
getting dangerously out of my depth here. I guess I always thought a separate SSID was synonymous with a separate network for these purposes. i have an Orbi mesh network and get way too many dropouts with my Poly, especially (but not exclusively) when moving around the house. I’ll have a look tomorrow and see if I can configure as you suggest…would be great if that would solve my problem. thanks so much.

I have multiple SSIDs on my LAN, including dedicated 2.4 and 5 Ghz SSIDs and all equipment behaves as one LAN.

Jan 18, 2023 at 10:11 PM Post #17,533 of 18,783
I have multiple SSIDs on my LAN, including dedicated 2.4 and 5 Ghz SSIDs and all equipment behaves as one LAN.
I’ve got to learn more about this. When my phone accidentally joins my guest network it doesn’t see my Roon server on the regular network.

Jan 19, 2023 at 12:07 AM Post #17,534 of 18,783
I got (and have been loving) the Mojo2 last month so I'm halfway there at least!
Things to consider before getting a poly:

At home you need good and stable WiFi. I personally added a Ubiqiti U6 lite to my router which massively improved WiFi in my home for every device. No issues with Poly, Hugo2Go and my RPi based network streamers.

On the go you can use your phone to provide a hotspot to Poly, and use that to connect, control and stream to Poly

On an airplane you can switch Poly into hotspot mode and connect your phone to Poly.
This allows you to play music from the SD card EDIT: and from the files stored locally on your phone.
(thanks to @Guy Fawkes for pointing it out)

Changing settings in Poly requires connecting to the Chord GoFigure App and always takes about 30s or more. If you use ROON you need to switch to “other” when you leave the house, and you need to change to “Hotspot” when you are on a plane

Indexing an SD card can take a long time and it’s sensitive to file naming. Some ppl had issues with it not finishing when special characters were used

Playlists for the files on the SD card need to be created manually with external solutions (I have not done it, Poly correctly identified the albums in my lib and I am using these)

Control of Mojo2Poly has to be done with a 3rd party app. I am using MConnect lite on iOS which works quite well and supports TIDAL and QOBUZ. The UI is however simpler than the dedicated apps.
Alternatively you can stream to Poly over Apple airplay using the original Tidal and Qobuz (or other) apps, but limited to 44/16

Sound quality is excellent but depends on source and transmission. My impressions:
SD > Qobuz >= Qobuz (airplay) > Tidal >> Bluetooth

Mojo2Poly is a little sensitive to RFI, I still get a bit of crackling in the background sometimes. Never an issue with Hugo2Go.

Bottom line: it’s a bit quirky but the sound quality and versatility are worth it to me. Aside from SQ I expect the pair to have a much longer service life than an Android based DAP. I once bought a used DAP only to realize that the Android system could not be upgraded and it was a PITA to find and install an old, compatible Tidal App, which shortly afterwards was no longer supported at all. That DAP was like 3 years old and had an MRSP of €1200…

I have been a mostly happy Mojo2Poly user for >6 months.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2023 at 12:15 AM Post #17,535 of 18,783
Things to consider if you are getting a poly:

At home you need good and stable WiFi. I personally added a Ubiqiti U6 lite to my router which massively improved WiFi in my home for every device. No issues with Poly, Hugo2Go and my RPi based network streamers.

On the go you can use your phone to provide a hotspot to Poly, and use that to connect, control and stream to Poly

On an airplane you can switch Poly into hotspot mode and connect your phone to Poly. This allows you to play music from the SD card only.

Changing settings in Poly requires connecting to the Chord GoFigure App and always takes about 30s or more. If you use ROON you need to switch to “other” when you leave the house, and you need to change to “Hotspot” when you are on a plane

Indexing an SD card can take a long time and it’s sensitive to file naming. Some ppl had issues with it not finishing when special characters were used

Playlists for the files on the SD card need to be created manually with external solutions (I have not done it, Poly correctly identified the albums in my lib and I am using these)

Control of Mojo2Poly has to be done with a 3rd party app. I am using MConnect lite on iOS which works quite well and supports TIDAL and QOBUZ. The UI is however simpler than the dedicated apps.
Alternatively you can stream to Poly over Apple airplay using the original Tidal and Qobuz (or other) apps, but limited to 44/16

Sound quality is excellent but depends on source and transmission. My impressions:
SD > Qobuz >= Qobuz (airplay) > Tidal >> Bluetooth

Mojo2Poly is a little sensitive to RFI, I still get a bit of crackling in the background sometimes. Never an issue with Hugo2Go.

Bottom line: it’s a bit quirky but the sound quality and versatility are worth it to me. Aside from SQ I expect the pair to have a much longer service live than an Android based DAP. I once bought a used DAP only to realize that the Android system could not be upgraded and it was a PITA to find and install an old, compatible Tidal App, which shortly afterwards was no longer supported at all. That DAP was like 3 years old and had an MRSP of €1200…

I have been a mostly happy Mojo2Poly user for >6 months.
Is the Ubiquiti hardwired to your router or connected wirelessly? I was researching access points but was unsure about this. Hardwiring it and placing it somewhere near my bedroom (where most of my poly use takes place) would be a hassle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back