Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 29, 2021 at 6:19 AM Post #16,516 of 18,752
I pointed out to Chord way back when Poly came out that it's update routine was bananas - relying on arms length servers to push them out to a screen-less device just seems nuts to me, as opposed to how almost *every other tech company on the planet does it*, download a file and squirt it down the USB cable.
I still maintain that if they are just going to grandfather this product rather than support it fully, they should open-source its OS (such as eg Oculus has done) and let the community have at it.

Oct 29, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #16,517 of 18,752
I hate to point this out, but if Chord can’t get their servers working for a supposedly new Poly and other 2GO FW downloads - see previous posts in this thread - then it seems quite likely that the same server would be holding the 2.04 FW download that @hpheaven ’s device is looking for. As they are still mucking about with their service provider, who is in turn awaiting on Amazon Web Services, it seems unlikely that @hpheaven will get his/her FW download anytime soon……? <sorry!>

AS @Gr8h8m points out above, if it were just a matter of downloading a file and squirting it down a USB cable to our Polys, then we could have helped @hpheaven directly from this forum.

Oct 29, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #16,518 of 18,752
Thanks for all the help guys!!!

Magically, I managed to get the unit going. Ran the same update routine multiple times, then installed the GoFigure app on a different phone, connected it to the Poly and finally the app loaded correctly. Software version was at 1.0.43 (or something similar) and I was able to update it to 2.0.0 via the app. Cleared Bluetooth cache on my main phone, reinstalled the app, added the Poly and now all's working with my phone as well. I can now see my main Wi-Fi network as well - pretty much all is working as it should.

Still have couple of more updates to do - 2.0.3 and 2.0.4 afterwards, but I'll postpone them a bit, would first enjoy the combo as initially planned :)

The whole update process is the weirdest thing I encountered in a LOOOONG time with any kind of electrical device. It's beyond me how a company like Chord has such a strange method of doing it and couldn't agree more that this should be changed asap.

Thanks again to all that helped!

Oct 29, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #16,519 of 18,752
Ah and here's what I just got as a response from Chord's official support over email:

" Hi XXXXXXXX, this needs to be returned to the seller. It is unlikely that a Poly of this age will update to the latest software from a very early version.
I'm sorry I can't be more help in this instance."

Oct 29, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #16,522 of 18,752
Ah and here's what I just got as a response from Chord's official support over email:

" Hi XXXXXXXX, this needs to be returned to the seller. It is unlikely that a Poly of this age will update to the latest software from a very early version.
Ask Chord to give you a job!

Oct 30, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #16,524 of 18,752

That's ridiculous!

Nov 10, 2021 at 3:32 AM Post #16,525 of 18,752
Finally got the Poly Bluetooth mode to work with my new smartphone.

It was absolutely not worth the effort haha. Sounded really poor in bluetooth mode.

Just waiting for the mythical Spotify Connect now but I am not holding my breath.

Nov 10, 2021 at 5:05 AM Post #16,526 of 18,752
Does anyone have issues with the GoFigure iOS app where’re upon pressing ‘Device Settings’ the application just freezes, and then eventually crashes? It’s very frustrating.

Nov 10, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #16,527 of 18,752
Does anyone have issues with the GoFigure iOS app where’re upon pressing ‘Device Settings’ the application just freezes, and then eventually crashes? It’s very frustrating.
Yeah, it happens now and then… not really an issue for me, you just have to set things up once really, but, it’s there.

Nov 10, 2021 at 5:29 AM Post #16,528 of 18,752
Hi everyone, after almost 4 months, more or less, I’d recommend you guys get YAMD.app if you’re on iOS; by far on of the best apps for managing your poly. It’s free! I’ve been using Glider as well. But I always end up back in YAMD

Edit typo*

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back