Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Nov 11, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #5,806 of 6,290
I've been having a real problem with Roon playback on the 2Go this week. I noticed that Roon recently updated to 1.8 (Build 831). Anyone else having recent problems out there as well?

Nov 16, 2021 at 5:51 AM Post #5,807 of 6,290
I've been having a real problem with Roon playback on the 2Go this week. I noticed that Roon recently updated to 1.8 (Build 831). Anyone else having recent problems out there as well?
No, Roon has been better than ever for me (since the update)

Nov 28, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #5,808 of 6,290
1638137541944.png

Just realized you can use the iOS App on a Mac with the M1 Chip

Nov 28, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #5,809 of 6,290
I had to be working remotely for almost a month and I had a great experience using the 2go with a micro SD card. I copied my library, about 4K songs, created playlists for the artists I most commonly want to listen to, and created a playlist with all the songs I usually shuffle. Playing from the micro SD card worked fine, no major issues, I only recall an issue when it stopped playing due to some error with a file.

So I think the functionality is very limited, but it can be used. I hope they improve the software to make it easier navigate music stored in the micro SD cads.

Nov 28, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #5,810 of 6,290
So I think the functionality is very limited, but it can be used. I hope they improve the software to make it easier navigate music stored in the micro SD cads.
I think the exasperation comes from knowing that there is so much untapped potential but Chord seems either unwilling or unable to do anything about it.

Nov 29, 2021 at 2:01 AM Post #5,811 of 6,290
I had to be working remotely for almost a month and I had a great experience using the 2go with a micro SD card. I copied my library, about 4K songs, created playlists for the artists I most commonly want to listen to, and created a playlist with all the songs I usually shuffle. Playing from the micro SD card worked fine, no major issues, I only recall an issue when it stopped playing due to some error with a file.

Have you tried connecting to your phone using wi-fi hotspot and something like BubbleUPnP on your phone to control the music being played by the 2go from the SD card in the 2go?

You might find doing that gives you much better functionality/usability as a music playing system than using the music player in GoFigure.

Nov 29, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #5,812 of 6,290
Have you tried connecting to your phone using wi-fi hotspot and something like BubbleUPnP on your phone to control the music being played by the 2go from the SD card in the 2go?

You might find doing that gives you much better functionality/usability as a music playing system than using the music player in GoFigure.
I used mconnect to stream some stuff from Qobuz. I was on the same wifi network so it was kind ok easy to use. The hotspot approach seems like too many steps to me.

Dec 25, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #5,813 of 6,290
I guess Chord must be happy 😃 Almost a month and no rants posted to this thread!

Happy Holidays everyone and hours of good listening 🎧🎄🤞🏻

Dec 25, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #5,814 of 6,290
Dec 26, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #5,815 of 6,290
I always wondered why Chord doesn’t hire the developer for good player software (e.g., Rigelian) or just buy the software and implement it as the player portion of its GoFigure software offering. Perhaps that’s just too complicated.

After putting the Hugo2Go down for a few months, I picked it up last week, and the firmware updated flawlessly (couldn’t get that to happen before) and things seem to be working smoothly. I’m sure something will change in that regard for no apparent reason soon, but it works now.

All the best to everyone here.

Dec 30, 2021 at 7:26 AM Post #5,816 of 6,290
I always wondered why Chord doesn’t hire the developer for good player software (e.g., Rigelian) or just buy the software and implement it as the player portion of its GoFigure software offering. Perhaps that’s just too complicated.
That's the idea of DLNA -- that you can use a good player, since both use a common system to interact. No need to hire the developer of that software.

I think one of the limitations of the 2go is going to be the feature set, as anything complex would end up using a lot of battery power. There is also going to be a memory limit to the 2go for the same reasons.

Dec 30, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #5,817 of 6,290
Is Chord 2Go the one for me if I am looking for something like this?

• No need of DAC due to the fact that I have a Chord Hugo 2 that I like.
  • The streamer will replace my Mac Mini to simplify my set up in my main rig.
  • Sometimes, maybe 10-20 % of the time, I would appreciate the possibility to take Hugo 2 + Chord2go to my bed or office.
  • Will use the streamer on Wi-Fi so I want a streamer with stable connection.
  • I will use the streamer to stream Quboz. I don’t have a big music library of my own.
  • Would like to use the streamer as a Roon endpoint to get Roons fantastic UI.
  • I want a plug and play experience. I would like to get a streamer which connects and then I can forget about it.
  • I would like to control my music through my IPad (Roon or other application).
  • My limit is 1500 usd.

What is keeping me on the fence is that a lot of people seems to have WiFi connection issues.

Dec 30, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #5,818 of 6,290
Is Chord 2Go the one for me if I am looking for something like this?

• No need of DAC due to the fact that I have a Chord Hugo 2 that I like.
  • The streamer will replace my Mac Mini to simplify my set up in my main rig.
  • Sometimes, maybe 10-20 % of the time, I would appreciate the possibility to take Hugo 2 + Chord2go to my bed or office.
  • I will use the streamer to stream Quboz. I don’t have a big music library of my own.
  • I want a plug and play experience. I would like to get a streamer which connects and then I can forget about it.
  • I would like to control my music through my IPad (Roon or other application).
  • My limit is 1500 usd.

What is keeping me on the fence is that a lot of people seems to have WiFi connection issues.
There is a deafening silence...

Is it the quietude of utterly exhausted apathy?

Or the inquietude that precedes a ferocious storm?

Maybe I should flip a coin to help me decide whether to get my popcorn ready 😀🍿😈

Dec 30, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #5,819 of 6,290
There is a deafening silence...

Is it the quietude of utterly exhausted apathy?

Or the inquietude that precedes a ferocious storm?

Maybe I should flip a coin to help me decide whether to get my popcorn ready 😀🍿😈
What is your opinion?

Dec 30, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #5,820 of 6,290
When you say 'office' do you mean 'working from home' or 'working from an employers office'?
It is important to consider, because increasingly employers are enhancing IT security, and can block some internet services (streaming?).
If that scenario applies to you, then it could be a showstopper for any streamer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back