Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Oct 18, 2021 at 7:16 AM Post #5,776 of 6,287
Anyone else seeing GoFigure crash on ios when opening Device Settings? Happens on both iPhone and iPad Pro (ios 15);
Yes same here with both iPhone and iPad. Manual update of the firmware (using the button and voice help) does not work either.
As per previous message this likely results from the servers being down.

Oct 18, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #5,777 of 6,287
Got confirmation from Chord that they are working on this.

Oct 18, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #5,778 of 6,287
Got confirmation from Chord that they are working on this.
Well if its been a couple of weeks (as claimed above), they clearly dont want to rush things...

The problem is that the update server isnt just a simple download point where the latest file can be found. They run a database of serial numbers and which firmware is on each unit, and which firmware is allowed on each unit. As you will discover if you ever get a beta firmware from them. And then have to ask them to fix the entry for your serial number so it can get the next update...

Oct 18, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #5,780 of 6,287
I never use the power supply of the Hugo2 or the HMS because it creates noise on the main for all my house.
It takes me some months to suspect that this power supply kills the sound of my Dave.
So all the usb power supply in my home are not used too.
I use only power bank of 50000 mAh to charge usb equipment and when i use my Dave , the power supply of the power bank is not on the main.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #5,781 of 6,287
Yup, those SMPS create lots of noise. I'm glad that you find a solution for your systems. I've been playing with different power conditioners, AC parallel filters, and ferrites chokes, but nothing works. I mean those filters/chokes all affect the sound of 2GoHugo2, but nothing beats using the internal batteries.

Oct 19, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #5,782 of 6,287
Yes same here with both iPhone and iPad. Manual update of the firmware (using the button and voice help) does not work either.
As per previous message this likely results from the servers being down.
Same here, also. Tried everything I could think of. I have given up on chord in this regard. Maybe it will work again in future updates - I have zero expectations - we will see…

Oct 19, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #5,783 of 6,287
Very, very impressed with the Hugo 2 and 2Go after Chord swapped out my 2Go, which seems to have been an older unit. Ultra stable on Roon and the sound quality with the Focal Utopia is just excellent. I find myself reaching for the Hugo2Go more often than for the SP2000 when in the living room.

DAVE+Mscaler are, however, rather hard to beat for desk use.

That sounds like we should be buying a later serial number unit over an earlier one.

(Not sure but I think I vaguely remember something like tht with Poly.)

Oct 21, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #5,784 of 6,287
My personal experience with Poly is quite similar- jumped on the hype train early and had a boatload of issues...

Oct 26, 2021 at 2:35 AM Post #5,785 of 6,287
To anyone with Roon dropouts on 2Go- take a look at your router settings before jumping to conclusions.

Yes, it is annoying that 2Go doesn't have 5Ghz. However, simply by changing a few settings on how my ASUS router manages channel allocation has resulted in a much more stable Roon performance.

I haven't had any dropouts in the past 24 hours.
Kudos to Mitch from Chord Electronics for suggesting this approach.

Oct 26, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #5,786 of 6,287
Dear all,

Apologies for the lack of direct feedback here. We are very aware that there is an issue with our update server and have been working to resolve this. At the moment, we have no choice but to wait for our hosting company to make the required alterations as they are not something we can undertake ourselves. Amazon must certify our server before it is able to go live and return to normal operation. Unfortunately this has taken much longer than anticipated, and due to the lack of contact with Amazon directly, we are unable to enquire about the status of this certification.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this is causing to those of you who have not updated, or are experiencing adverse effects in their day-to-day use of the Poly, 2Go and GoFigure application.
We are hoping to have this resolved as quickly as possible and are ready to go live as soon as we have that certification.

The Chord Team

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #5,788 of 6,287
However, simply by changing a few settings on how my ASUS router manages channel allocation has resulted in a much more stable Roon performance.
Interesting. I've reported the same issue, in my case with Ubiquiti (UniFi and AmpliFi) WiFi routers, but I never get any suggestions about channel allocation from anyone, including Chord support. I know Chord don't have access to that gear in the UK, but at the very least they could tell us their recommendations on channel allocation.

Nov 1, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #5,790 of 6,287
I was able to fix my issue with the TeamGroup micro SD card, turns out something I used before (or out of the box, I don't recall) formatted the card on exFAT but there was something wrong with the format, apparently there was a 32MB empty partition missing. So I used the SD Memory Card Formatter to re-format the card an now it works fine.

Then I copied all my music and used the auto playlist thingy on the goFigure app, and that created a mess of playlists, but the playlists are just text files with paths to the music files. So with some patience I merged some of them in single lists by artist, created a big one with around 3k songs of music I usually listen in random, and removed all the ones that I never really look for. So now I have a somewhat manageable number of playlists with stuff I'm likely to want to listen.

My library is around 120GB with ~4k songs, so nothing crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back