Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Nov 1, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #5,791 of 6,290
Interesting. I've reported the same issue, in my case with Ubiquiti (UniFi and AmpliFi) WiFi routers, but I never get any suggestions about channel allocation from anyone, including Chord support. I know Chord don't have access to that gear in the UK, but at the very least they could tell us their recommendations on channel allocation.
Spoke too soon. Went back to being rubbish.
I would link that to Sunday being far less congested vs Monday when people work from home and use their internet more.

It seems like my only alternative is to use the Hugo2Go via ethernet, which is not something I will likely do.

Nov 2, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #5,792 of 6,290
"in my case with Ubiquiti (UniFi and AmpliFi) WiFi routers, but I never get any suggestions about channel allocation from anyone, including Chord support. I know Chord don't have access to that gear in the UK"

I have no idea why UI hardware is unavailable to them. I have about 20 pieces of it on my WAN.

Nov 3, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #5,793 of 6,290
I was wondering if anyone could help, on 2go I seem to have an issue with the playlist feature generating accurate playlists for albums with multiple disk. For example, it seems to overwrite disc 1 track 1, with disk 2, track one. So if I had a double album with ten tracks on each disc, it would only generate a playlist for disc 2 (ten tracks in total). Anyone experienced this problem?

Nov 3, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #5,794 of 6,290
I was wondering if anyone could help, on 2go I seem to have an issue with the playlist feature generating accurate playlists for albums with multiple disk. For example, it seems to overwrite disc 1 track 1, with disk 2, track one. So if I had a double album with ten tracks on each disc, it would only generate a playlist for disc 2 (ten tracks in total). Anyone experienced this problem?
Yes I still have all kinds of issues with the playlist feature even with everything updated to the latest. It seems to do some very odd things with different tracks for no discernible reason. I gave up with it in the end.

Nov 3, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #5,795 of 6,290
I think it reads the info from the metadata, you might need to fix the metadata first for it to work properly.

Nov 3, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #5,796 of 6,290
I think it reads the info from the metadata, you might need to fix the metadata first for it to work properly.
I tried that, lots and lots of times using Mp3tag and others. Even with only one album on the uSD card one or more tracks were missing from the album. IMHO it's just way too picky to be useful. Perhaps if Chord posted a definitive list of tagging requirements then I would have stood a chance to get it to work reliably enough to trust it.

Nov 3, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #5,797 of 6,290
Thanks all, I think chord just don't do software very well!

Nov 3, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #5,798 of 6,290
Chord don't do the software in-house. Which explains why they are entirely dependent on the third party they subcontracted software development for Poly and 2Go to.

Nov 3, 2021 at 11:25 PM Post #5,799 of 6,290
Nov 4, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #5,800 of 6,290
Nov 4, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #5,802 of 6,290
Nov 5, 2021 at 4:01 AM Post #5,803 of 6,290
I decided to carry out a little unscientific test these past two early mornings. My suspicion was that the 2GO is not performing as well due to interference, based on the fact that I live on the 8 floor of a block of flats surrounded by wifi-capable devices.

For the second morning in a row, 2Go has been performing as expected. I will try and leave it on for a few more hours to see when/if the first Roon dropout occurs.
I suppose that due to it being 2.4gHz only, it is less well capable to cope with increased network traffic and congestion than something like my SP2000, which is 5gHz capable.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #5,804 of 6,290
A quick update: not a single dropout on Roon over the past 3-4 days now. 2Go has been perfect since Roon's latest update that I helped beta test.

I am not 100% that is the sole reason but everything else in my environment is the exact same as when the problem was still there.

Nov 9, 2021 at 7:20 AM Post #5,805 of 6,290

Users who are viewing this thread

Back