Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Nov 25, 2020 at 5:48 AM Post #4,697 of 6,295
Got it thanks. I sent Chord an email just now. I was wondering if anyone here ever saw this light. Maybe not?

I have the same issue. And most times I just unplug the power og reconnect it again. The only real issue for me is that it "looses" its desktopmode. I have never got around to email chord about it so do share what their responds is. thanks!

Nov 25, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #4,698 of 6,295
Looking at all these posts now and in the past I wonder if Chord has some problems with the way USB power works with devices connected "on the go" as opposed to the original USB idea that one device in a network is a master and the others slaves or peripherals.

In the original USB setups the master device is the one that has the USB A socket and the peripheral devices have the variants of the B socket.

In this scenario the master device supplies the power to the satellite devices that need it and the roles of the various devices in this regard are clear.

In the case of the 2go supplying USB power to charge the Hugo while at the same time receiving USB power to charge itself I would think there is quite a lot of scope for confusion. Add in to this the Hugo "intelligent desktop mode" and the confusion can only increase.

I say this because of my experience with the Mojo connected by a short USB cable to an old phone.

When the pair was not in use and when both were powered off it still seemed to me that the Mojo drained the phone battery. The only way to stop this happening was to disconnect the USB cable as well as powering the devices down.

This did strike me as odd at the time.

Nov 25, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #4,700 of 6,295
I’m sorry Vo obgyn This can’t happen 2go cannot discharge Hugo2
Problems associated with one of the two paired units not charging are invariably caused by customers not using a charger with a sufficiently high current output the charger we have provided does have a high enough output current.

Nov 25, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #4,701 of 6,295
Problems associated with one of the two paired units not charging are invariably caused by customers not using a charger with a sufficiently high current output the charger we have provided does have a high enough output current.
I did use the standard hugo adapter; is this enough? what is the minimum requirement for charging both units? i do have a new hugo2 and a new 2go with 2go running until the batteries are empty; the hugo2 batteries are still charged.

Nov 25, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #4,702 of 6,295

Thank you. According to the manual, the 2go is supposed to power off (after 20 seconds) when the Hugo 2 is powered off. However, my 2go doesn’t power off like the above. Is this normal behavior, I’m wondering?

Nov 25, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #4,703 of 6,295
I could be wrong, but the 2go only powers off after the Hugo 2 if not connected to a charger.

Nov 25, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #4,704 of 6,295
I could be wrong, but the 2go only powers off after the Hugo 2 if not connected to a charger.

Thanks. The 2go must stay on when connected to a charger even when the Hugo 2 is powered off, I’m thinking.

Nov 26, 2020 at 12:24 AM Post #4,705 of 6,295
I finally finished a review of the 2go. It'll be nothing new to people who already have one, but I did try and cover everything I could.

Nov 26, 2020 at 2:31 AM Post #4,706 of 6,295
I finally finished a review of the 2go. It'll be nothing new to people who already have one, but I did try and cover everything I could.

Thanks for your review. I was wondering, do you ever use the Hugo 2 3V RMS line level out? I’m using my line level out to drive my tubed headphone amplifier. Is this a reasonable use of the line level out in your opinion? I ask because I have heard that it would be better to turn on the bit perfect/DSD button in GoFigure and use the Hugo 2 volume control instead of the headphone amp volume control to listen to music when using Roon. Is this correct?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back