Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Sep 18, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #4,321 of 6,309
Nope! No moaning! My (2nd) h2 and 2go has been returned to HQ for Repairs or review etc since July........,so depends on outcome! I will be crying or laughing 🤦🏼‍♂️ Guess time will tell! Chord had for sure given up on head fi it seems ! End of an era! Guess they now rely on mass production and silent treatmemt, sorry to say that a bespoke item like 2go that attitude and process will not work!! Just not enough qty nor numbers I am afraid.....but what do I know! Just a loser in their mainstream....

If the goal of your post was to encourage Chord to participate again, it may have been counterproductive... :thinking:

Sep 19, 2020 at 1:47 AM Post #4,322 of 6,309
Most people are probably waiting to see if Chord finally addresses all issues when now also Roon is chasing Chord.

If Chord doesn't address all issues after getting the "Roon-ready" certificate, you will most likely see customers telling Chord to fix their devices again because other streamers have none of these issues on the same network.

And customers do not moan, it is called feedback. And if Chord doesn’t like this type of feedback, then they should have made a better product. It is very simple.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2020 at 2:27 AM Post #4,323 of 6,309
Also what is this trend on head-fi of people moaning about other people moaning? This is not the first time I have seen such posts.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2020 at 5:18 AM Post #4,324 of 6,309
I've seen it before. I don't see a problem of complaining about things, except when it overwhelms discussion. There are people with the 2go who have no issues, and there are people with it who have issues. Neither should dominate the discussion. I think it gets too much when one person posts every single page with the same thing.

When a manufacturer has to address an issue, as Chord does now with Roon certification, it is difficult when customers can't see what is going on. It feels like nothing is happening when, most likely, the software developers are going through the difficult task of fixing the issue.

Way back in university, I used to do software repairs of Apple computers. It was very hard to say to someone "just leave your computer with us and we'll look into it" because they'd become upset at being without it. I came up with the idea to say to the customer that I'd try my best in the next 10-15 minutes to fix their issues (while they watched) and if I couldn't, they'd agree to leave their computer with us. It worked every time, because the customer felt that we were taking their issue seriously.

The next thing I'm going to say is pure speculation. I emphasise this as there have been issues with people taking conjecture as fact. Chord, very likely, have contracted out both the hardware and software development of the 2go to a third party or parties. That means, if there are issues, they have to contact that person/company and have them fix it. That third party may be doing work for multiple companies, and with COVID and who knows what other issues likely delaying things, this leaves Chord feeling as frustrated as the customers do, because they are as much a customer in this situation. They aren't going to say anything about it, because it's both inappropriate and worthless to do so.

The power went out the other night in my suburb, and that was HUGELY frustrating, as we had no idea when it would come on again. It actually went on and off again almost a dozen times because it took the power company three hours to determine which residence was overloading the system. Waiting and not knowing is frustrating as hell. However, where it is bad for customers, it's far worse for the company, as they lose money and reputation when things don't work well. And in this day and age, getting back reputation takes a decade or more, as people will always remember you for your failures.

Sep 20, 2020 at 5:22 AM Post #4,325 of 6,309
Is anybody in contact with Chord regarding how they are progressing with Roon Certification? Tomorrow, 21st September, is D Day so just wondering if we are anywhere close to having it certified soon?

Sep 20, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #4,326 of 6,309
I just got back from a 2 week holiday so have immediately submitted the developer request form. I think Roon have added to the confusion as I notice although it says in audio settings that 2go is uncertified, it is still listed in the Roon Ready section - that's in Roon so hard for them to say Chord can't market it as such.

Sep 20, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #4,328 of 6,309
Also what is this trend on head-fi of people moaning about other people moaning? This is not the first time I have seen such posts.

It's probably due to reading the same schiit time and time again, which gets tiresome.

Some folk who post in chord threads expect to get official support here, when in fact they should be contacting their retailer or chords support email address for help.

I'm not moaning about other folk moaning about something, I was just taking the piss out of folk who think headfi is the official Chord Electronics Support department, and who expect said department to be online 24/7 dafuq.

This medicine should help

Sep 20, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #4,329 of 6,309
Roon settings showing 2go uncertified, but still under Roon Ready
F7746910-1C9E-4629-A40E-9EC89731C8A5.png

Sep 20, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #4,331 of 6,309
Yea, because it's an uncertified Roon ready device. Not sure what the confusion is?

"Uncertified" is the key word here, hence its highlighted in red.
But why even list it under Roon Ready if Roon are now saying it should never be marketed as such until it receives certification?

Sep 20, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #4,332 of 6,309
But why even list it under Roon Ready if Roon are now saying it should never be marketed as such until it receives certification?

I would imagine because the situation was such that Roon was allowing manufacturers to advertise as "Roon Ready" while seeking certification. They've now changed that stance and the only thing that matters currently is if there's a big red "Uncertified" label or not.

Seems clear enough to me.

Sep 20, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #4,333 of 6,309
I would imagine because the situation was such that Roon was allowing manufacturers to advertise as "Roon Ready" while seeking certification. They've now changed that stance and the only thing that matters currently is if there's a big red "Uncertified" label or not.

Seems clear enough to me.
Clear enough to me as well. Roon have allowed this and actually facilitated it by showing uncertified devices under Roon Ready in the app. Therefore unsurprising Chord have unwittingly gone along with this, it's hardly their fault if Roon changed their mind 2 weeks ago that this would no longer be allowed. Strange also that uncertified devices aren't now shown in a separate section to the Roon Ready one in the app settings?

Sep 20, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #4,335 of 6,309
Roon settings showing 2go uncertified, but still under Roon Ready
Strangely my device is shown as merely "Hugo2" and not as "Hugo2go" as a Roon Ready device. I agree with your view that Roon have, for whatever reason, chosen at short notice to enforce "a law" which, probably for commercial reasons, they've turned a blind eye to in the past.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back