Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 19, 2020 at 4:16 AM Post #3,286 of 6,298
as an aside I have had a few moments of stability at 384... once last week sitting on deck.... the whole thing is very inconsistent.

Chord needs to get on this with ROON and set up some basic guideline: setup protocol... etc.

Jul 19, 2020 at 5:26 AM Post #3,288 of 6,298
so that dream is dead! NAA should in theory be possible on H2GO???
It doesn't look like 2Go can handle the bandwidth at present, but that may be able to be sorted in future software updates...
It's not as pretty as the 2Go, but to go this route you would need a Pi4, LPS and HQPlayer connecting to H2 with USB - all for less than the 2Go and substantially less than the 2Go, 2Yu and Mscaler which would be a more fitting comparison.

Jul 19, 2020 at 5:30 AM Post #3,289 of 6,298
It doesn't look like 2Go can handle the bandwidth at present, but that may be able to be sorted in future software updates...
It's not as pretty as the 2Go, but to go this route you would need a Pi4, LPS and HQPlayer connecting to H2 with USB - all for less than the 2Go and substantially less than the 2Go, 2Yu and Mscaler which would be a more fitting comparison.
LPS??? so this is not a mobile solution around house???? I want to stream HQplayer to H2/H2GO while walking around. Have you heard the aforementioned rig? Close to mscaler?

Jul 19, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #3,290 of 6,298
LPS??? so this is not a mobile solution around house???? I want to stream HQplayer to H2/H2GO while walking around. Have you heard the aforementioned rig? Close to mscaler?
No not a portable solution, but neither is the Mscaler. This setup with Qutest is good to my ears, but I haven't had the opportunity to compare it with Mscaler. Others have compared it favourably.
It could be made portable, by running the Pi from a battery pack, but you'd need to be pretty close to a good router in order to use Wi-Fi

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2020 at 6:23 AM Post #3,291 of 6,298
Have a search of the Poly thread, because this issue did crop up in a few posts, and I think one or two solutions were discussed.
I have done quite a lot of reading and nowhere have I found the slightest reference to generating the playlists automatically.

Because gofigure will only work via preloaded playlists then at minimum a playlist per album is needed.

My library on the sd card has hundreds of albums and there is no way I'm going to generate a playlist for each album manually.

Jul 19, 2020 at 6:46 AM Post #3,292 of 6,298
...GoFigure currently uses BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) for controlling Poly & 2Go, including the playlists so @haweckO would just need to ensure that his phone OS was recent enough to operate GoFigure, and has BLE enabled.
thanks for info :smile_phones:
according to gsmarena(dot)com, my iPhone 6S is able to Bluetooth Low Energy, since in Bluetooth section is written "LE", so I hope so.

Jul 19, 2020 at 6:54 AM Post #3,293 of 6,298
switched back to RAX 120 no mesh.... put router about 3.5 feet off floor.... signal seems better... getting a stable 384 now... however it is late (4am) and there are prob few other local nets interfering now. going to get router at about 5 to 6 feet high.

aaannndddd that didn’t last long 45 mins and skipping starts.... no reason I can see whatsoever.... very frustrating.

stability is very sensitive and inconsistent at 192 and above. im out.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #3,295 of 6,298
I have done quite a lot of reading and nowhere have I found the slightest reference to generating the playlists automatically.

Because gofigure will only work via preloaded playlists then at minimum a playlist per album is needed.

My library on the sd card has hundreds of albums and there is no way I'm going to generate a playlist for each album manually.
Use Cantata. There is a Mac and PC version. It is an mpd player for computer and can create the playlists. I used it for my Poly.

Jul 19, 2020 at 8:15 AM Post #3,296 of 6,298

There is no automatic playlist generation provided by 2go. I have the same problem, except that I have THOUSANDS of albums on my sd cards. Apparently there are some apps out there that will automatically generate such things - and some folks shared some scripts in this thread way back when.

Net-net, I live without. I keep my control device connected and MConnect takes care of it.

Doody

Jul 19, 2020 at 8:38 AM Post #3,298 of 6,298
There is no automatic playlist generation provided by 2go. I have the same problem, except that I have THOUSANDS of albums on my sd cards. Apparently there are some apps out there that will automatically generate such things - and some folks shared some scripts in this thread way back when.

Net-net, I live without. I keep my control device connected and MConnect takes care of it.

Doody

I remember this topic being questioned before. I saw it and asked if albums had to made to playlists to play them. ... I was told straight that no.

Jul 19, 2020 at 8:48 AM Post #3,299 of 6,298
I remember this topic being questioned before. I saw it and asked if albums had to made to playlists to play them. ... I was told straight that no.
So here's the clarification:

If you have an app like MConnect controlling playback, the apps are smart enough to know that if you play track 1 in a collection of tracks in a folder, then it should play the next track after that - and so on and so forth. This requires that your control device remain connected to 2go throughout.

If you fire off a track via your control app and then disconnect your control device from 2go, 2go will NOT continue to play tracks after that first track finishes, unless there's a plalylist file that it can work from.

Why would you disconnect? Most likely because you want to get back online with your phone and need to switch back from hot spot mode to an internet-enabled WiFi connection.

So if you want to listen to an album without a control device connected, the album must have a playlist file. I don't remember the details (file name, format, etc.) but they're in this thread somewhere.

If I'm incorrect, someone please edumacate me!

Doody

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2020 at 8:48 AM Post #3,300 of 6,298
May I know the coaxial output of Hugo2 must be the unprocessed signal fron Hugo2's input? I have a dac preamp, but without dsd support, can I set the processed signal from coaxial / optical output of Hugo2?
No, coax output is analogue and all outputs are linked. Hugo2 does not have digital output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back