Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 18, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #3,256 of 6,314
Hi guys, I have fast simple question: Is 2go working properly when music is playing from micro-sd card and controlled from smartphone via bluetooth connection? or there are problems as in the case of wi-fi connection?
I think if you want to control the 2go using Bluetooth only connection via gofigure then you can only play playlists that are preloaded onto the sd cards using some other software. This is because gofigure is not a fully fledged music playback control app.

I would love to be wrong on this, but I fear that I am correct.

Jul 18, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #3,257 of 6,314
I think if you want to control the 2go using Bluetooth only connection via gofigure then you can only play playlists that are preloaded onto the sd cards using some other software. This is because gofigure is not a fully fledged music playback control app.
I would love to be wrong on this, but I fear that I am correct.
GoFigure was originally conceived as just an app to make it more user friendly (compared to using the config pin) to configure Poly. I think some owners then requested the ability to play music as well, so the ability to play playlists was added.
Nevertheless this does not make GoFigure the fully fledged music playback control app that some owners yearn for.

GoFigure currently uses BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) for controlling Poly & 2Go, including the playlists so @haweckO would just need to ensure that his phone OS was recent enough to operate GoFigure, and has BLE enabled.
Matt has posted that Chord are working on enabling control via wifi instead, but I don't know when this update will be released.

Jul 18, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #3,258 of 6,314
I would like to be able just to use Bluetooth to control the 2go when out and about. Not only because this would save the battery, but also so I can use my phone completely as normal.

At the moment I have to use the 2go hotspot because if I make my phone the hotspot it eats up the battery on my phone.

Because the phone is connected to WiFi that is not providing Internet I have to tell the phone to use mobile data even though it thinks it is connected to WiFi. Unfortunately, some essential apps won't play ball even in this mode so the functionality of my phone is impaired in an annoying way.

I am thinking of creating a playlist for every album in my library. I do not intend to do this manually. I have jriver media centre on a Windows pc and I think it might be able to do this.

However there is a snag. Because the sd card is removable media the pathnames in the playlists have to be relative to the root directory of the sd card. They cannot be relative to the root on the pc otherwise when the sd card is taken out and mounted into another filesystem (in the 2go) the pathnames will all be invalid.

Anybody have any thoughts on this? After all, if gofigure is to be used in its current state then this problem will need to be solved.

Jul 18, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #3,259 of 6,314
I would like to be able just to use Bluetooth to control the 2go when out and about. Not only because this would save the battery, but also so I can use my phone completely as normal.

At the moment I have to use the 2go hotspot because if I make my phone the hotspot it eats up the battery on my phone.

Because the phone is connected to WiFi that is not providing Internet I have to tell the phone to use mobile data even though it thinks it is connected to WiFi. Unfortunately, some essential apps won't play ball even in this mode so the functionality of my phone is impaired in an annoying way.

I am thinking of creating a playlist for every album in my library. I do not intend to do this manually. I have jriver media centre on a Windows pc and I think it might be able to do this.

However there is a snag. Because the sd card is removable media the pathnames in the playlists have to be relative to the root directory of the sd card. They cannot be relative to the root on the pc otherwise when the sd card is taken out and mounted into another filesystem (in the 2go) the pathnames will all be invalid.

Anybody have any thoughts on this? After all, if gofigure is to be used in its current state then this problem will need to be solved.

Wow, I never realised it was so complicated. I thought SD-card playback was the simpler option. Notably HiFi Choice commented about 2Go overall complicated set up.

Am tech savvy when it comes to PCs. However I have noticed that Poly and 2Go posts are full of jargon I had never heard of before. I usually end up looking most stuff up, but it's all theory and not like using to learn.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #3,260 of 6,314

Have a search of the Poly thread, because this issue did crop up in a few posts, and I think one or two solutions were discussed.

Jul 18, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #3,261 of 6,314
I had the same issue after updating to 1.0.3. My Chord Poly is detected by the GoFigure app, but the 2GO was not detected. Also nothing worked (DLNA / Airplay). So it was basically a brick.

Perhaps try an other factory reset to see if the 2GO will be detected again by the GoFigure app as that is what fixed it for me.

Thanks - yes, got there in the end after a couple of further factory resets.

Once Gofigure saw the 2go, it then couldn't see my wifi (or any other wifi network). That was resolved by clearing all network data (one of the options from pressing the config button).

Jul 18, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #3,262 of 6,314
So just to clarify, all of my connection issues have been without any upsampling turned on.

But now I know that roon upsampling exists, if Chord can sort out the connection problems, what would be the optimal upsampling settings for streaming FLAC files to the2go?
i find a lift in SQ with upsampling.... seems like more holographic sound... 384 best... would be great if no issues

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #3,263 of 6,314
I did some testing with Roon last night and this morning. Aside from a Chord glitch I had powering down the 2Go where it became unresponsive for a bit (different issue that I think has been outlined by many others--I think there is definitely issues when you try to operate the unit while charging), I definitely could recreate some others' findings when upsampling/higher file rates. For transparency, I haven't been upsampling in Roon for the Chord to date, so that may help explain why I was having less (little-to-no) issues with the network connections (on battery).

As for streaming rates and associated issues, I concur that the tipping point is somewhere around 96k streaming. I was able to put in a pretty solid few hours last night streaming native 96k. This morning I played around with further upsampling in Roon, and you can create issues pretty darn quickly the higher you go. I maintained almost a full album (50 min) at 176k, but then had some fumbles. Upsampling to DSD and the issues are almost immediate. They did NOT require me to restart the H2Go nor Roon, but definitely caused playback stoppage and the Roon "slow network or hardware problems" messages. Maybe this is an improvement over the need to reboot the H2Go, but it still far from ideal for anyone who wants to upsample or play high files over wifi.

As a non-techie, I am going to speculate there is a buffering issue with the H2Go.
agree... 96K IS the tipping point... I too get reasonable stability at 176/192... but it will glitch up within 30mins or so... above that game over... immediate

chord get working with ROON on this please! I suggest someone open a thread on the ROON forum... their CEO requested this so they can flag to Chord. WHen I get a chance I will do so and post link if someone doesn't beat me to it... anyone that does please post a link.

Jul 18, 2020 at 7:37 PM Post #3,264 of 6,314
I had some connection issues periodically without upsampling (and many others did a lot more regularly than I did it seems), so I think we're just saying upsampled/higher-res files seem to be able to push the device to have the issues even faster/more regularly/for more folks.

As to the second part of your question, for me, I'm not hearing a difference with the upsampling--as in mine sounds just as phenomenal NOT upsampling, so for longer-term usage I will probably just go full native and not mess with the upsampling for this device. I would be curious if others feel they are hearing a difference.

To amend my previous post, I think that 192K is also pretty stable for me. Got about a full hour in without an issue and counting.

So I don't know if this is well documented, has been posted, or is available online, but does anyone know what size and speed memory the 2Go has?
yes 192 reasonably stable but it will usually glitch within 30 mins to hr... 96k pretty solid... I do find an SQ improvement with upsampling.... more so at 384

Jul 18, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #3,265 of 6,314
I don't remember details such as the speed being posted anywhere.

I think it would be great if everyone can listen to their chosen music, without issues of stuttering, error messages, etc.
However at the moment, I sense that you and radnor are trying to lump together several issues together, which probably have different root causes.
So in order to try and find a way forward, to solve (or at least document) some of these issues:

At work I would capture information such as this in a 'Lessons Learnt' or a REX 'Return on Experience' or a 'Best Practice' memo, so that other users could benefit from this knowledge.
If you guys are agreeable, let's try and capture this REX, and presumably incorporate it into the Chord 2Go FAQ page, so that everyone else (especially the 99% of owners who are not on head-fi) can benefit from this knowledge.
What do you guys think?
like it....

my source is TIDAL and QOBUZ via ROON... historically QOBUZ seemed to glitch more than TIDAL (POLY experience).
just switch to my older network.. ORBI with 1 satellite... and getting stability at 96K... able to walk around house (single floor) tp different rooms no issues. 192 you start to play roulette...

going to switch back to RAX120 and test the new setting to see if I get whole home coverage at 96k with no satellite.

Jul 18, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #3,266 of 6,314
GoFigure was originally conceived as just an app to make it more user friendly (compared to using the config pin) to configure Poly. I think some owners then requested the ability to play music as well, so the ability to play playlists was added.
Nevertheless this does not make GoFigure the fully fledged music playback control app that some owners yearn for.

GoFigure currently uses BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) for controlling Poly & 2Go, including the playlists so @haweckO would just need to ensure that his phone OS was recent enough to operate GoFigure, and has BLE enabled.
Matt has posted that Chord are working on enabling control via wifi instead, but I don't know when this update will be released.
if CHORD just worked with ROON to get incredible stability and integration we would not need an app in the home.... I am still waiting for the day when ROON enables IPHONE/ANDROID to act as a core... then we have holy grail... new IPHONE SOC more than powerful enough to do on device DSP.

Jul 18, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #3,267 of 6,314
SO I have another question... and if this was possible i am sure it would blow the H2GO up but if possible would be like having a portable Mscaler at least in the home.

HQ PLAYER help

I have figured out how to add HQ player to roon. ROON ROCK NUC detectd HQ player on my laptop BUT I can only output HQ PLAYER upsample to a wired DAC on the network.

Is there a way to output HQPLAYER via ROON to a wireless endpoint like the H2GO????

Keep in mind my single use case for H2GO is portable NEVER wired (have mTT2 for this).

Jul 18, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #3,268 of 6,314
Eureka! 384 stability!

well... um.
IMG_3417.jpeg

Jul 18, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #3,269 of 6,314
SO I have another question... and if this was possible i am sure it would blow the H2GO up but if possible would be like having a portable Mscaler at least in the home.

HQ PLAYER help

I have figured out how to add HQ player to roon. ROON ROCK NUC detectd HQ player on my laptop BUT I can only output HQ PLAYER upsample to a wired DAC on the network.

Is there a way to output HQPLAYER via ROON to a wireless endpoint like the H2GO????

Keep in mind my single use case for H2GO is portable NEVER wired (have mTT2 for this).
Wish it were possible but so far, unfortunately, no. Hqplayer needs NAA ( Network audio adapter) which is a software that allows a third party streamer such as an allo usbridge or any computer other than the core to be recognised in Hqplayer. The H2 will work connected directly to the core or a usbridge/raspberry pi etc but the 2go doesn't have that capability. Even if it did, with the current hiccups with upsampling I doubt that the 2go would handle an upsampled stream via hqplayer.

Jul 18, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #3,270 of 6,314
Wish it were possible but so far, unfortunately, no. Hqplayer needs NAA ( Network audio adapter) which is a software that allows a third party streamer such as an allo usbridge or any computer other than the core to be recognised in Hqplayer. The H2 will work connected directly to the core or a usbridge/raspberry pi etc but the 2go doesn't have that capability. Even if it did, with the current hiccups with upsampling I doubt that the 2go would handle an upsampled stream via hqplayer.

I think you could do it, I remember outputting HQP wirelessly to Hugo2 a while back. However, the wifi bandwidth did result in stuttering playback at high samplerate.

The prime solution is unfortunately no solution. You can use HQPPro to upscale/upsample off-line and put these files into H2Go. This works beautifully and is very much like Mscaler2Go. The reason why I say this is not a real solution is because the cost of HQPPro makes it prohibitive. Unlike HQP desktop, the pro version is designed for mastering professionals and priced accordingly: around $3K. Yes, that's K, as in 1,000. Otherwise, it's perfect.

I've talked with the developer about releasing a consumer version, but at present, he is not interested.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back