Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 17, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #3,226 of 6,314
Hmm...

Updated firmware to 1.0.3. Now I can't connect to the 2go with Gofigure (on my iPhone). All was fine before the upgrade.

Connects fine to my Poly.

Have deleted Gofigure and reinstalled. Have carried out a reset to my 2go using the config button. Nothing.

Eventually managed to connect to 2go via Gofigure for a brief 5 minute period, but then lost connection and haven't recovered it.

Oddly, I notice that the Network light is flashing blue and green alternately when in hotspot mode (shouldn't the 2go indicator light be doing that?). And the 2go light remains off, unless I load a SD card in which case it flashes green to show it is indexing.

@Matt Bartlett - I've sent a message to Chord support but if you have any suggestions that would be much appreciated.

I had the same issue after updating to 1.0.3. My Chord Poly is detected by the GoFigure app, but the 2GO was not detected. Also nothing worked (DLNA / Airplay). So it was basically a brick.

Perhaps try an other factory reset to see if the 2GO will be detected again by the GoFigure app as that is what fixed it for me.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #3,227 of 6,314
Think I'll hold off on the new update and stick with v1.0. It works fine for me, albeit still has vinlypopsandclicks.

Jul 17, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #3,228 of 6,314
When I installed 1.0.3 initially gofigure would not connect. I restarted the phone and the hugo 2go a couple of times and it came back to life. After that it was functioning normally.

I was out and about when this happened so I was connecting my phone to the 2go via Bluetooth and the 2go hotspot mode.

Jul 17, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #3,229 of 6,314
When I installed 1.0.3 initially gofigure would not connect. I restarted the phone and the hugo 2go a couple of times and it came back to life. After that it was functioning normally.

I was out and about when this happened so I was connecting my phone to the 2go via Bluetooth and the 2go hotspot mode.

I am happy to hear that it worked out very easily for you. I did those same things after waiting a hour after the update was finished. But the 2GO would not be recognised by the GoFigure app. Only a factory reset was able to get it detected by the GoFigure App.

Seems there are still some nice bugs there in the software.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #3,230 of 6,314
I’m not sure. You might be right. It definitely sounds different. It’s also possible that it is just louder.

I’m also having trouble playing dsd files using neutron, and I get the same hissing as you get. I emailed the developer, and he (immediate reply - nice) said to try DoP rather than native dsd. I might try to play around with neutron this weekend.
For dsd playback, go to "Audio Hardware" -> uncheck the "DSD, DSD over PCM DoP) should be ok

Jul 17, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #3,232 of 6,314
I’m not sure. You might be right. It definitely sounds different. It’s also possible that it is just louder.

I’m also having trouble playing dsd files using neutron, and I get the same hissing as you get. I emailed the developer, and he (immediate reply - nice) said to try DoP rather than native dsd. I might try to play around with neutron this weekend.
Got reply ftom Neutron's forum, msybe Neutron cannot be just act as DLNA controller, so it must process the signal before going to Hugo2

Attachments

• Capture+_2020-07-18-02-53-18.png
    Capture+_2020-07-18-02-53-18.png
    310.9 KB · Views: 0
Jul 17, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #3,233 of 6,314
As a fan of Chord I do find it concerning that they have not developed an app to control and configure their hardware over which they have complete control. At the moment they are at the mercy of 3rd-party developers who could lose interest in their apps without warning, leaving Chord and their customers high and dry.

Chord should regard this as a serious threat to the viability of their streaming products.

I saw a review of the dCS Bartok being controlled by the dCS Mosaic app and it did look very hassle-free. Maybe the UI wasn't the absolute smoothest but that was more than made up for by the fact that the Bartok users have not been cast adrift on the Internet in the way the 2go users have been.

I do think that Chord should at least host basic how-to videos showing step by step setup from scratch for common use cases. Also how to set up the major client apps like BubbleUPnP, mconnect, rigellian etc and how to make qobuz, tidal, Roon etc actually work.

It strikes me that a consumer electronics product should not require its purchasers to be network geeks in order that it should work. Many many customers will have neither the wherewithal nor the inclination to do this.

It puts me in mind of the early days of home networking where only experts had a hope of setting a network up. Then the router guys got it sorted with the now ubiquitous connect button - you plug it in, find it on your pc or whatever and then push the button to connect and all the tricky settings are taken care of automatically.

This is how it needs to be with the 2go.

Jul 17, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #3,234 of 6,314
To those lucky folks with no issues with their 2Go. I look on them with envy as being like the select few who were the first to get broadband a decade or so ago, and plebs like me were still battling the perilous horrors of dial up.

Jul 17, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #3,235 of 6,314
Wonder if you are on to something here with 2Go struggling with higher res files. My 2Go hasn't had a drop out in several hours now (spread over the last two days) playing 16 bit only.
When my 2Go plays up and loses network connection, I sometimes switch to my Arcam SA30 amp, which has a built in streamer that is also Roon Ready. The streamer on that amp takes anything I throw at it (mostly Roon hi res)and never misses a beat, no network dropouts and obviously it's on the same network as 2Go, it's literally 6 inches apart from 2Go.

Did Chord ever tell us what was in the V1.0.03 fw update? Any info @Matt Bartlett
there is NO question... I am convinced it is hi rez files VIA roon which causes all the issues.... I can get to 192 with reasonable stability anything higher all the skipping starts...CHORD need to get engineers on this ASAP. This is meant for hirez...... c'mon

Jul 17, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #3,238 of 6,314
I am aware of how good the chord DAC's sound and what terrific products they are as I own the dave, blu2, hugo2 and mojo...I am speaking of the aggravation involved with the 2go....my desire initially was to get the 2go to use the 2 SD slots to listen to my music on the go....first I heard you could only see 1 card at a time then all of the horror stories of connectivity etc....I also had thought I would be able to use the 2 cards with roon but apparently that doesnt happen...I will likely eventually come back to the prodict when it is flawless in terms of operation...in the meantime I will continue to use my ak120 with my hugo 2 via optical cable
based on my experience you should have no problem with your use case.... I think im getting to the bottom of this... it streaming over 192khz that Fs everything up and starts the drop outs. as long as you keep bit rate at that or lower you will be fine. hopefully chord fixes this soon.

Jul 17, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #3,239 of 6,314
So this new firmware broke my 2GO. It wouldn't connect via the GoFigure app, nor was it able to play over DLNA and Airplay.

Luckily forcing a factory reset using the buttons on the 2GO managed to get the 2GO detected again by the GoFigure app and then I was able to setup everything as new again.

I find it quite surprising how a simple firmware update can break a device.
with the new FW update you needed to reenter wireless passwords etc... this may have thrown some people off... check the basics first.

Jul 17, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #3,240 of 6,314
As a fan of Chord I do find it concerning that they have not developed an app to control and configure their hardware over which they have complete control. At the moment they are at the mercy of 3rd-party developers who could lose interest in their apps without warning, leaving Chord and their customers high and dry.

Chord should regard this as a serious threat to the viability of their streaming products.

I saw a review of the dCS Bartok being controlled by the dCS Mosaic app and it did look very hassle-free. Maybe the UI wasn't the absolute smoothest but that was more than made up for by the fact that the Bartok users have not been cast adrift on the Internet in the way the 2go users have been.

I do think that Chord should at least host basic how-to videos showing step by step setup from scratch for common use cases. Also how to set up the major client apps like BubbleUPnP, mconnect, rigellian etc and how to make qobuz, tidal, Roon etc actually work.

It strikes me that a consumer electronics product should not require its purchasers to be network geeks in order that it should work. Many many customers will have neither the wherewithal nor the inclination to do this.

It puts me in mind of the early days of home networking where only experts had a hope of setting a network up. Then the router guys got it sorted with the now ubiquitous connect button - you plug it in, find it on your pc or whatever and then push the button to connect and all the tricky settings are taken care of automatically.

This is how it needs to be with the 2go.
100% agree. Crazy they do not have their own control app !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back