Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 16, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #3,198 of 6,314
Updated 2go. Got the ' lost connection message in gofigure but 2go updates to latest firmware nevertheless.
Its early times now but the first thing I noticed was that gofigure connects to h2go really fast on my Samsung note9. Like 1 and a half circles fast!I can serving
I can second the fast gofigure connection, I hardly see the spinning circle before its gone. I'm using a Note 9 as well.

Everything else on sd card playback is fine. I'm fact it's so fine I'm seriously considering replacing my jhaudio jh16 Pro custom iems with the Noble Sultans! 🤤

Jul 16, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #3,199 of 6,314
Please if I ever bought a 2Go, it would only be for SD-card playback. .... Is the 2Go rock-solid for just that function of SD-card playing? .. No VCaP. No flaky controlling the 2Go. Plus whatever else I didn't think of in terms of SD-card play.

Like they could fix any other issues as time went on, and it would not affect me anyway. By the time if I ever used wifi etc, then it would likely be all working by then.

Set up for SD Card playback is pretty simple. Then, you don't have to touch the Go Figure app unless you have to switch SD Cards. So, you want to get the biggest SDCard you can afford.

For SD playback Rigelian using MPD is fantastic: fast, reliable, and flexible.

I have to say it again H2Go with SDCard playback is streamlined elegance for SQ. No contamination/degradation from power mains, PC, USB or WiFi. It's a pretty tidy straight shot from your audio files to your transducer, not even a separate amp stage in the signal path. The purity of the sound is unbelievable from such a small packet.

Jul 16, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #3,202 of 6,314
Jul 16, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #3,205 of 6,314
Jul 16, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #3,206 of 6,314
Dunno, am waiting for PocketMags to deliver the digital edition. HiFi Choice August edition went on sale yesterday. Normally Pocketmags are speedy about it.

I can't really deliver any details anyway, because I would be in breach of terms and conditions.

I saw it on the front cover of the latest mag on the HiFi Choice website. https://www.hifichoice.com/

Pocketmags released the HiFi Choice within two hours of my post.

Can have a look at their views on the 2Go.

Jul 16, 2020 at 10:26 PM Post #3,207 of 6,314
Set up for SD Card playback is pretty simple. Then, you don't have to touch the Go Figure app unless you have to switch SD Cards. So, you want to get the biggest SDCard you can afford.

For SD playback Rigelian using MPD is fantastic: fast, reliable, and flexible.

I have to say it again H2Go with SDCard playback is streamlined elegance for SQ. No contamination/degradation from power mains, PC, USB or WiFi. It's a pretty tidy straight shot from your audio files to your transducer, not even a separate amp stage in the signal path. The purity of the sound is unbelievable from such a small packet.

Thank you. I currently use Hugo 2 with a DAP and a Jitterbug between H2 and DAP. (Although H2 incorporates filtering on the USB input anyway so Jitterbug is redundant.) Or I can connect via a PC with a long optical cable.

Am not sure if it would be possible to get cleaner. However there are those that say different sources sound different. I never heard a difference between USB and optical inputs via a quick comparison. Quick comparisons aren't very accurate though. Am sort of holding stock in that using 2Go does boost sound somewhat.

I thought Rigelian was on iOS so am not going to be able to use it.

Jul 16, 2020 at 11:56 PM Post #3,208 of 6,314
are you all masochists ?

Jul 17, 2020 at 12:37 AM Post #3,209 of 6,314
are you all masochists ?
SQ is off the charts... best DAP on earth by a big margin... zero issues with mconnect when out walking for tidal and qobuz.

I am now cracking the code on the roon issues..... it seems as long as you UPSAMPLE NO HIGHER THAN 96KHZ it will not skip... any higher and it will ( i went through every sample rate)... need to trouble shoot this further...

the auto switching between sources is wonderful...... its getting there.

due to greater compute on 2GO VS POLY there is indeed an op to fix issues.

somewhat stable at 192... once i go above that skipping starts in a few seconds

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back