Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 19, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #3,301 of 6,314
I have done quite a lot of reading and nowhere have I found the slightest reference to generating the playlists automatically.

Because gofigure will only work via preloaded playlists then at minimum a playlist per album is needed.

My library on the sd card has hundreds of albums and there is no way I'm going to generate a playlist for each album manually.
There were a few posts such as this https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-☆-poly-☆-wireless-microsd-module-for-mojo-☆★►useful-info-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/post-14107345
Plus this post from the 2Go thread
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...-adaptor-official-thread.925464/post-15588770

So if someone has a lot of existing playlists, it can be worth tailoring a script to automatically update the addresses.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #3,303 of 6,314
There were a few posts such as this https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-☆-poly-☆-wireless-microsd-module-for-mojo-☆★►useful-info-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/post-14107345
Plus this post from the 2Go thread
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...-adaptor-official-thread.925464/post-15588770

So if someone has a lot of existing playlists, it can be worth tailoring a script to automatically update the addresses.
Honestly, do you think the average consumer electronics purchaser is going to do this? I'm quite accomplished technically (I worked on Unix system v back in the day) but even I balk at the prospect of trying to make these scripts work.

Chord created this problem of needing a playlist per album minimum for Bluetooth control by deciding that gofigure would have little or no music player functionality. The solution should come from them. Gofigure could have an option to generate these playlists automatically if the user needs them.

Other software could then be used to handle the individual playlists as usual but the grunt effort of creating them in bulk initially should be done by a provision from Chord.

Jul 19, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #3,304 of 6,314
dropped a 3rd ORBI satellite on my desk.... no difference... anything above 192 is unusable.... 192 is also glitchy.

have a new netgear wifi 6 sat system was returning to AMZN... going to hook it up now and test just for hell of it. 2 networks down RAX120 and older ORBI (non wifi 6) dont work above 196.

I am not sure why you can’t stream higher. I don’t have 2Go but I’m using Poly right now about 25 ft. and 3 walls away from a TP-Link AC4000 router (pretty reasonable, not too fancy). I don’t usually use Roon upsampling, only crossfeed, but for fun I am streaming practically the only 48/24 file I have (Wagner’s Ring) upsampled to the max (384kHz) and it’s working fine.

Jul 19, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #3,305 of 6,314
Q: Has anybody been able to get the 2go WiFi to connect to their phone (when they put their phone into hot spot mode)?

I've got a Samsung Galaxy Note 9. I use hot spot mode on it ALL the time. Have it set to 2.4 GHz mode. 2go just never sees the phone WiFi network.

Doody

Jul 19, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #3,306 of 6,314
Honestly, do you think the average consumer electronics purchaser is going to do this?
No, tailoring scripts will only appeal to a small minority of owners/potential purchasers.
Nevertheless it is an example of what is possible.

However it does raise the question of is it possible for someone to code a 'wizard', that would allow even an ordinary owner, to automatically generate a playlist for all the albums on the SD card?

Jul 19, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #3,307 of 6,314
No, tailoring scripts will only appeal to a small minority of owners/potential purchasers.
Nevertheless it is an example of what is possible.

However it does raise the question of is it possible for someone to code a 'wizard', that would allow even an ordinary owner, to automatically generate a playlist for all the albums on the SD card?
The "someone" you mention should be Chord.

Jul 19, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #3,309 of 6,314
The "someone" you mention should be Chord.
Why?
Never lose site of the end goal, which is that owners should be able to use their 2Go, in as near as 100% of their desired use cases.
If the use case is to remove the SD card from 2Go, mount it in their laptop/PC, and then run a script/wizard to create all the necessary album playlists:
If Chord or their coders are unable to create such a script/wizard, then why shouldn't an enthusiastic owner write the code themselves, and then provide it to any interested owners?

Jul 19, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #3,310 of 6,314
Why?
Never lose site of the end goal, which is that owners should be able to use their 2Go, in as near as 100% of their desired use cases.
If the use case is to remove the SD card from 2Go, mount it in their laptop/PC, and then run a script/wizard to create all the necessary album playlists:
If Chord or their coders are unable to create such a script/wizard, then why shouldn't an enthusiastic owner write the code themselves, and then provide it to any interested owners?
Why?

Because I paid £1000 for the 2go and I don't expect to have to write software myself to make it work properly. 😡

Jul 19, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #3,312 of 6,314
Q: Has anybody been able to get the 2go WiFi to connect to their phone (when they put their phone into hot spot mode)?

I've got a Samsung Galaxy Note 9. I use hot spot mode on it ALL the time. Have it set to 2.4 GHz mode. 2go just never sees the phone WiFi network.

Doody
Sees and connect to my iPhone in hotspot easily with zero glitches

Jul 19, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #3,313 of 6,314
I am not sure why you can’t stream higher. I don’t have 2Go but I’m using Poly right now about 25 ft. and 3 walls away from a TP-Link AC4000 router (pretty reasonable, not too fancy). I don’t usually use Roon upsampling, only crossfeed, but for fun I am streaming practically the only 48/24 file I have (Wagner’s Ring) upsampled to the max (384kHz) and it’s working fine.
Give it some time.

Jul 19, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #3,314 of 6,314
Give it some time.

It was fine over an hour. But, with the Chord DACs, I prefer to let them do the upsampling over Roon anyway. When I first got Poly, I did get a router to replace the ISPs combo gateway/router (Netgear Nighthawk) and that was fine for ~4 years and started to act up, so just replaced my router again and that solved a bunch of issues. They need replaced every few years.

Jul 19, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #3,315 of 6,314

Doody
I just tested that exact use case with my Note 9 and it connected just fine. BubbleUPnP sees my library on the sd card in the 2go and playback over the hugo 2 was all OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back