Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 19, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #3,316 of 6,314
I just tested that exact use case with my Note 9 and it connected just fine. BubbleUPnP sees my library on the sd card in the 2go and playback over the hugo 2 was all OK.
If I can't get the damn playlists sorted out then I guess this will be my use case. I'm still not that happy with my phone battery being eaten up though. The last thing I want, having liberated my phone from the hugo 2 is to have to attach it to a charging brick which I then have to carry around as well.

Jul 19, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #3,317 of 6,314
Chord HQ yesterday

KSA_Circling-wagon.png
Perhaps you are being a little harsh.
I have been in touch with Matt, and he says that he has had some key staff out at the moment, so it means that recently he has had to cover several extra roles, as well as running the business. Inevitably he has struggled to find time to follow the head-fi thread, and then respond to questions.

Hopefully the situation will soon be back to normal soon.

Jul 19, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #3,318 of 6,314
I have been in touch with Matt, and he says that he has had some key staff out at the moment, so it means that recently he has had to cover several extra roles, as well as running the business. Inevitably he has struggled to find time to follow the head-fi thread, and then respond to questions.

Matt never seems to be far from this thread as a glance at users viewing the thread shows. At the risk of repeating myself I am not looking for a perfect product tomorrow, just a little bit of feedback might not go amiss . For Chord to not even comment on the FW upgrade is criminal, we still don't know what was in it

Jul 19, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #3,319 of 6,314
Matt never seems to be far from this thread as a glance at users viewing the thread shows. At the risk of repeating myself I am not looking for a perfect product tomorrow, just a little bit of feedback might not go amiss . For Chord to not even comment on the FW upgrade is criminal, we still don't know what was in it
Matt also provided feedback on that topic;
" The latest update was really minor and almost not worth talking about but even so yes there should have been some notes included with the release. I don't know why that didn't happen yet but I have seen that the social media was updated today to include what the firmware actually addressed. Very simply there were some general bug fixes, an update to improve mesh network support and finally a fix to support .aif playback via DLNA/UPnP (.aiff has always worked but the shorter .aif syntax was causing those files not to show)."

[edit] The only other social media that I know of is the Facebook group.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #3,320 of 6,314

I agree. I don't think Chord are circling the wagons either.

It is not my intention to pan or troll Chord gratuitously. I think they are a great company doing spectacular things in a hotly-contested market space.

It's just that lessons don't seem to have been learnt from the whole Poly saga. As a 2go user I'm enchanted by the SQ but disappointed with the struggles with a simple use case.

Jul 19, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #3,321 of 6,314
Matt also provided feedback on that topic;
" The latest update was really minor and almost not worth talking about but even so yes there should have been some notes included with the release. I don't know why that didn't happen yet but I have seen that the social media was updated today to include what the firmware actually addressed. Very simply there were some general bug fixes, an update to improve mesh network support and finally a fix to support .aif playback via DLNA/UPnP (.aiff has always worked but the shorter .aif syntax was causing those files not to show)."

I presume that he is referring to the post by 'ChordElectronics'.
Thats the release before the latest is it not?

Jul 19, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #3,323 of 6,314

It is not my intention to pan or troll Chord gratuitously. I think they are a great company doing spectacular things in a hotly-contested market space.

It's just that lessons don't seem to have been learnt from the whole Poly saga. As a 2go user I'm enchanted by the SQ but disappointed with the struggles with a simple use case.
To not at least acknowledge various customer complaints could be seen as a form of wagon circling. It was in the main a tongue in cheek comment though

Jul 19, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #3,326 of 6,314

I don't think that you are trolling.
Certainly some lessons weren't learnt.
Quite a few Poly owners offered to beta test the 2Go, but nothing came of it. I am confident that Poly owners, beta testing 2Go in the real world, would have flagged up many of the issues that were missed by the coders testing regime.

Jul 19, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #3,327 of 6,314
Use Cantata. There is a Mac and PC version. It is an mpd player for computer and can create the playlists. I used it for my Poly.
Please share with me EXACTLY what you did. I looked at cantata and it looked like some other software that connects to a piece of hardware called "Alix" was needed before cantata could be installed.

Jul 19, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #3,329 of 6,314
Jul 19, 2020 at 11:54 PM Post #3,330 of 6,314
I’ve updated to firmware 1.03. I’m still getting dropouts listening to 192/24 content. Even worse, the pops and clicks are still there.

Exasperating. I’ll go back to my Poly/Mojo until 1.04 comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back