Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 15, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #3,166 of 6,295
WOW, 2Go updated- the only thing that works is Roon and Airplay :X:X:X

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #3,167 of 6,295
Ok, but it's weird that charging and playing at same time cause the network connection to drop. I've had it playing now on battery only for 30 mins or so, I would bet big money it'll still be playing perfectly for hours yet, or until I switch it off.
Yes, it is weird, especially if it is only happening to one owner.
Maybe you do have a faulty charger - do you have another Chord approved charger that you could use instead, in order to test if it is a fault with your charger, or alternatively possibly a fault with your 2Go?

Jul 15, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #3,168 of 6,295
Maybe you do have a faulty charger - do you have another Chord approved charger that you could use instead, in order to test if it is a fault with your charger, or alternatively possibly a fault with your 2Go?
Nope afraid don't have another charger.

But actually something has just come to mind which rules out the charger being faulty. About a month ago my Hugo 2 went belly up, could not retain power. Sent back to dealer, they tested it and found it was indeed faulty and replaced with new Hugo 2, complete with new charger. Does not rule out my 2Go being faulty right enough. At this moment in time I am the proud owner of what seems to be the worlds sole "portable only" H2Go, because if its not wired to the mains it works perfectly!
This whole shennanigans would test the wisdom of Solomon!

Jul 15, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #3,169 of 6,295
I updated to firmware version 1.0.3... I think.

When doing the update gofigure said it lost connection and aborted. When I restarted it, it said the firmware was up to date at 1.0.3

If this is normal behaviour while updating I can't say it inspires confidence that the process has completed properly.

When attempting the previous update to 1.0 gofigure kept saying the firmware was up to date at version 0.9.1 even though 1.0 had been released. It turned out that the update wasn't going through because the servers were down for maintenance. When the servers came back online the update went through with no fuss.

These error messages are inaccurate and unhelpful.

They will lead to dealers and Chord themselves being snowed with avoidable support requests, and possible tarnishing of the reputation of the product itself.

Jul 15, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #3,170 of 6,295
Firmware update went well. Can’t tell a difference to stability - yet. Anyone know what the update do/ addresses? Have googled but nothing from chord about what the update does. I know chord has a hard time on this forum, but it’s really strange for a company to do a firmware update without telling their customers what it does.

Jul 15, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #3,171 of 6,295
Hmm...

Updated firmware to 1.0.3. Now I can't connect to the 2go with Gofigure (on my iPhone). All was fine before the upgrade.

Connects fine to my Poly.

Have deleted Gofigure and reinstalled. Have carried out a reset to my 2go using the config button. Nothing.

Eventually managed to connect to 2go via Gofigure for a brief 5 minute period, but then lost connection and haven't recovered it.

Oddly, I notice that the Network light is flashing blue and green alternately when in hotspot mode (shouldn't the 2go indicator light be doing that?). And the 2go light remains off, unless I load a SD card in which case it flashes green to show it is indexing.

@Matt Bartlett - I've sent a message to Chord support but if you have any suggestions that would be much appreciated.

Jul 15, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #3,172 of 6,295

Absolutely not just one customer. I can confirm that charging the device does get in the way of normal operation. Sometimes the 2go won't power on while charging. I had to disconnect the charger, power on 2go with the config button, and reconnect the charger. And after about 5 mins playing music the 2go will disconnect from wifi and I had to do this all over again.

Jul 15, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #3,173 of 6,295
Absolutely not just one customer. I can confirm that charging the device does get in the way of normal operation. Sometimes the 2go won't power on while charging. I had to disconnect the charger, power on 2go with the config button, and reconnect the charger. And after about 5 mins playing music the 2go will disconnect from wifi and I had to do this all over again.
Whey Heh! At last a kindred spirit!!

Jul 15, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #3,174 of 6,295
Updated 2go. Got the ' lost connection message in gofigure but 2go updates to latest firmware nevertheless.
Its early times now but the first thing I noticed was that gofigure connects to h2go really fast on my Samsung note9. Like 1 and a half circles fast!
@gryffe, just a thought on the charging issues you are experiencing. If it is an rfi issue ( not saying it is) try earthing the the h2go. I use a charger with a ground switch and it takes away that slight 'live' buzz I feel on the h2go chassis. Now if the lack of ground would interfere with the network side of things is anyone's guess.

Jul 15, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #3,175 of 6,295
So, a couple of minutes into a 24/384 file and roon starts to throw up 'audio file loading slowly' messages. Track skipping ensues. Phone is simultaneously doing a 1Mb/ps download.
To be fair to Chord, I repeat the experiment with the Phone as endpoint. Download plus roon app playing the same 24/384 file through the note 9 (no h2go in the mix) and...THE SAME THING HAPPENS. Roon starts to give error messages and track skipping ensues.
So I have to eat humble pie here and conclude that as far as my 2go is concerned it seems to be a network issue with my network setup.
Damn!
@Ards mentioned a few posts ago that Roon is iffy with network and that it could be a roon problem. So far I've been running everything including the server over WiFi. Might have to bite the bullet and ethernet the system. Well at least the server.

Jul 16, 2020 at 3:58 AM Post #3,176 of 6,295
@Matt Bartlett

UPSAMPLING IN ROON

I turned off my new RAX120 (wifi 6) and reset up my ORBI MESH (older orbi NON wifi 6) with 1 satellite

Had 2go 1 foot away from sat and tidal was skipping in roon.... turned OFF UPSAMPLING AND THE SKIPPING STOPPED

Also was stable throughout house.

When I did RAX 120 test using same protocol the other night I still had skipping in office but do not have satellite for that yet...

HOWEVER there is an obvious problem streaming ROON UPSAMPLED music to the device.

Can you please have the guys look into this and fix this! This seems to be the final piece in puzzle.

Going to ping Enno on this now.

Jul 16, 2020 at 4:02 AM Post #3,177 of 6,295
So, a couple of minutes into a 24/384 file and roon starts to throw up 'audio file loading slowly' messages. Track skipping ensues. Phone is simultaneously doing a 1Mb/ps download.
To be fair to Chord, I repeat the experiment with the Phone as endpoint. Download plus roon app playing the same 24/384 file through the note 9 (no h2go in the mix) and...THE SAME THING HAPPENS. Roon starts to give error messages and track skipping ensues.
So I have to eat humble pie here and conclude that as far as my 2go is concerned it seems to be a network issue with my network setup.
Damn!
@Ards mentioned a few posts ago that Roon is iffy with network and that it could be a roon problem. So far I've been running everything including the server over WiFi. Might have to bite the bullet and ethernet the system. Well at least the server.
are you UPSAMPLING IN ROON DSP???

regardless there are obvious compatibility issues with ROON. This definitely needs some serious work.

Jul 16, 2020 at 4:15 AM Post #3,178 of 6,295
WOW, 2Go updated- the only thing that works is Roon and Airplay :X:X:X

Fixed. Needed a router reboot. Now all back to working as usual.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2020 at 5:05 AM Post #3,180 of 6,295
are you UPSAMPLING IN ROON DSP???

regardless there are obvious compatibility issues with ROON. This definitely needs some serious work.
Try sending an upsampled stream to your phone or tablet as roon endpoint. ( anyways phones bring it down to 24/48) If it skips, it can't just be a 2go problem. The problem is exacerbated for me when my phone is doing some heavy downloading in the background, or any other network intensive task. In that scenario, even 16/44 skips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back