Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 15, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #3,151 of 6,290
The issues with the 2go are an audio live-stream issue. Most likely, due to heavy buffering, you wouldn't have noticed glitches in those other devices (ever had a download slow down or pause, then start up again?) because they would have recovered without issue. Those kinds of glitches with audio streaming result in annoying drop-outs.

Why did my other streamers not suffer then? Was it because they overcame the "audio live-stream issue?" Are you saying that the 2Go needs a fix to make it as capable as the other streamers I previously owned, and overcome the "audio live-stream issue"?

Jul 15, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #3,158 of 6,290
Who said I didn't have insurance? I made a deal with my dealer that I could return it if it was broken. But since I swapped my 2GO multiple times, I felt bad for my dealer if I would then claim a refund after swapping so many 2Go units. I basically did my dealer a favour in the end.

No problem, I have a long list of people who's opinion I do not trust based on my experience. And the list keeps growing. I'm just here to make sure it is not all sun shine and rainbows like you portrait it to be and someone else makes a $1300 purchase and ends up disappointed.

$1300 is not much money for me, but it might be for some other people.
I must be a dead cert to be on your long list.

Jul 15, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #3,159 of 6,290
Why did my other streamers not suffer then? Was it because they overcame the "audio live-stream issue?" Are you saying that the 2Go needs a fix to make it as capable as the other streamers I previously owned, and overcome the "audio live-stream issue"?
Edit to update.

@Currawong Just to add. In my experience the loss of network connectivity only happens when I am charging at the same time - this happens 100%, could be after 3 or 4 minutes, could be after 4 or 5 hours but it WILL happen. To the best of my recollection I have never lost connection while I am not charging, eg running purely off battery. This may be a red herring but I doubt it. Is there any mileage in it being the charger could be inadequate, or that my 2Go has a flaw, even if only while charging?

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #3,160 of 6,290
Hmm this is puzzling. Ive used my iphone 11 with the 2go fine over the past week or so but today it just wont connect. Any suggestions?
Has there been an automatic update of your phones software in the interim?
My Android tablet had an security update this week, and GoFigure stopped working properly, until I rebooted the tablet.

Jul 15, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #3,161 of 6,290
Edit to update.

@Currawong Just to add. In my experience the loss of network connectivity only happens when I am charging at the same time - this happens 100%, could be after 3 or 4 minutes, could be after 4 or 5 hours but it WILL happen. To the best of my recollection I have never lost connection while I am not charging, eg running purely off battery. This may be a red herring but I doubt it. Is there any mileage in it being the charger could be inadequate?
Which charger are you using?

Jul 15, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #3,163 of 6,290
Last edited:
Jul 15, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #3,165 of 6,290
I would be surprised if that charger was causing you issues.
I did think it plausible that some other chargers might be radiating so much RFI, that they could interfere with wifi.
Ok, but it's weird that charging and playing at same time cause the network connection to drop. I've had it playing now on battery only for 30 mins or so, I would bet big money it'll still be playing perfectly for hours yet, or until I switch it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back