Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
May 30, 2020 at 11:13 PM Post #2,311 of 6,288
It's clear by now that a lot of people are having issues. I am a little puzzled by the relative silence on Chord's part.

It's great that @Matt Bartlett informed us that this is being looked into but a regular status update would have been most welcome (and should have happened by default, to be completely honest);

I am starting to feel uneasy about the whole situation myself and fear that the problem that has been described so many times will somehow appear.

It's a shame that the whole debate has been taken over by issue reports as I truly feel that the 2Go is a very promising product that has actually got me to use my Hugo 2 again.

I can only hope that announcement by Chord will be coming in the very!!! near future.
If you don't mind, what have you been using other than the H2?

May 31, 2020 at 2:53 AM Post #2,312 of 6,288
If you don't mind, what have you been using other than the H2?

My Cayin N6ii DAP with the E02 amp/dac card. Super versatile and great sounding with my Utopias and Lcd-i4/CA Solaris SE.

+my Sonos system over Roon (Tidal+Qobuz)

May 31, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #2,313 of 6,288
I'm not defending their flaw, or poor testing (because this should've been caught), but Chord has already acknowledged the issue a couple times in this thread. What more can they say? Just keep coming back to say they're sorry? They said they're working on it, and that it's a difficult fix (deep in the coding). Just gotta wait.
I’m sorry but I do expect Chord to give some sort of status update every once in a while especially for the benefit of new owners facing issues.
Has Chord acknowledged the vinyl static/crackle sound with Airplay?

May 31, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #2,314 of 6,288
I’m sorry but I do expect Chord to give some sort of status update every once in a while especially for the benefit of new owners facing issues.
Has Chord acknowledged the vinyl static/crackle sound with Airplay?
Chord provide an update on issues virtually every week.
For example:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...-adaptor-official-thread.925464/post-15607868
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...-adaptor-official-thread.925464/post-15625945

Are these the sort of feedback that you would like to see?

May 31, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #2,315 of 6,288
May 31, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #2,318 of 6,288
May 31, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #2,319 of 6,288
Hi,

Apart from the teething problems some are having I just want to clarify how you use this thing.

I have a Zen Mini MkIII music server connected to my router. At present I use it via the iPeng App from my iPhone and iPad. I play flawlessly to my AirPod pros without pops, scratches or whistles. Bearing in mind I currently have my H2 connected directly to the Zen I never really use it as I like the mobility the iPeng app offers from the iPad/iPhone. I take it this device enables you to connect your H2 to the Wi-fi in your house and then play tracks using the chord software with Tidal/local Zen Mini etc from the H2 over Wi-fi. Does it stream in native format to the H2 ie 96, 192 or DSD etc. IPeng seems to down sample to 16/44 even with the H2 connected directly to the iPhone/iPad. Sounds an intriguing device if I am correct.

May 31, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #2,320 of 6,288
On Android and MConnect or any app, can you use an equalizer to push to 2go?

I have a collection I love but it's a lot of mp3 and poorly recorded stuff that needs fixing to enjoy (can't find quality files for their poor counterparts)

So I need to eq before it reaches 2go...please help

May 31, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #2,321 of 6,288
On Android and MConnect or any app, can you use an equalizer to push to 2go?

I have a collection I love but it's a lot of mp3 and poorly recorded stuff that needs fixing to enjoy (can't find quality files for their poor counterparts)

So I need to eq before it reaches 2go...please help
Rubbish in -> rubbish out, especially in 2go + Hugo2 that kind of high resolution system. Suggest using mobile phone or other DAP to enjoy your mp3 files

May 31, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #2,323 of 6,288
Rubbish in -> rubbish out, especially in 2go + Hugo2 that kind of high resolution system. Suggest using mobile phone or other DAP to enjoy your mp3 files

I appreciate your help to solve my issue

What Bill said is essentially correct, and EQ can't fix what's wrong with MP3.

-- However, this is no reason to go backward to a mobile phone or cheap DAP. Keep going forward. To Bills point, higher quality files should be available if you look hard enough, and it would be worth the effort to track them down.

For those files that really are irreplaceable on MP3, enjoy them on the H2Go. Why would you use a phone when they would still sound far better on the H2Go?

If you still want to use EQ to fix frequency issues, you would have to find an app that has EQ or plugin capabilities and stream the output. E.g., I can stream from Audirvana with an EQ plugin through airplay to the 2Go.

This is a compromised solution, and you're not getting the true performance of the H2Go. But, you already know that. These are just ways to allow you to keep music you love among your higher quality files.

May 31, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #2,324 of 6,288

-- However, this is no reason to go backward to a mobile phone or cheap DAP. Keep going forward. To Bills point, higher quality files should be available if you look hard enough, and it would be worth the effort to track them down.

For those files that really are irreplaceable on MP3, enjoy them on the H2Go. Why would you use a phone when they would still sound far better on the H2Go?

If you still want to use EQ to fix frequency issues, you would have to find an app that has EQ or plugin capabilities and stream the output. E.g., I can stream from Audirvana with an EQ plugin through airplay to the 2Go.

This is a compromised solution, and you're not getting the true performance of the H2Go. But, you already know that. These are just ways to allow you to keep music you love among your higher quality files.
I appreciate you. I guess I'll use roon, I enjoy it as it has the Audeze presets as well, it seems to help with some of these bad recordings.
Additionally... I don't see where in roon I can set bit perfect playback (of course, when not using the DSP stuff)?

May 31, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #2,325 of 6,288

Some system I would say "more tolerance", when you feed some sub-standard files in it, the system can hide some defects in the file; but some systems, like 2go + Hugo2, or very hi-end hifi system, usually will even "ampify" all the best and worst, that's why i left my previous message. Of course you can try enjoying your mp3 files in 2go, just listen more and compare by yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back