Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
May 30, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #2,298 of 6,290
I don’t use Apple Music but the issue exists even when using Spotify with airplay. The same Spotify/tidal music with Bluetooth or upnp results in no static and clear audio.

Just wondering if an Apple based app will play nicely over airplay. Even locally stored music on your iphone over airplay will probably play okay is my thought.

May 30, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #2,299 of 6,290
Ok, I’ll bite. What is the best DAC if Chord makes the second-best?

Also, I’m confused why 2Go should have such issues, since I would have thought it would use the Poly fork ware and hardware (except for the 2nd SD card and Ethernet), but that shouldn’t be that difficult to add in?

Haven’t been here for a while.

I think dCS makes the best dac.

Agree that building from Poly should have helped more than it seems to have.

May 30, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #2,300 of 6,290
Just got my 2Go today but unable to get wireless to connect. On the GoFigure App the 2Go sees both of my 2.4gHz networks, Apple and TP-Link, but as soon as you enter the password (either manually or copy and paste from my passwords file vault) the network signal strength disappears completely. I am sitting about 3 feet from my Airport Extreme and I tried in my kitchen sitting near the TP-Link Archer 400 modem router. I have been able to connect with an Ethernet cable to the back of the Airport Extreme. The other thing I cannot get running is Qobuz. I entered my Qobuz account details on the GoFigure set up wizard and the app appeared to accept them. I thought that Qobuz should appear on the radio stations alongside the various BBC radio stations and Hardhouse UK radio but it doesn't. Neither does it appear on the Glider app, which I am using to control playback from the 256 GB micro SD card. This works as long as I have the Ethernet cable connected but stops as soon as I disconnect the cable. Someone else suggested I need to disable all my 5 GHz wireless networks as that upsets the 2Go. If that is the case, then there is something very wrong with the 2Go. Waiting for Chord technical to get back to me with suggestions on the wireless but my suspicion is that the unit is faulty, maybe a disconnected WiFi aerial. All the members of my household use the 5GHz network and need this fast network for file transfer etc. Again as long as I have the cable connected, Airplay and Airfoil both work.

try temporarily disabling your network password. And see if u can connect. I needed to change router security settings for my 2.4ghz band access for 2Go to connect.

May 30, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #2,301 of 6,290
But on the other hand you say is it perfect in other posts?

Haven't heard anything since. I have a 1 gigabit internet connection now and playback with my ASUS RT-AX88U has been nothing short of flawless!!!

Last edited:
May 30, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #2,302 of 6,290
If you buy 5 units and all of them are broken, the product is defective.

I just bought a 2020 13” MacBook Pro. Flawless product. If I buy 4 more units, they will probably be good also.

The 2GO however, all of them are bad.

I had four defective iPhone X's in a row. What does this prove?!!! Nothing.

I also just bought the 2020 13" Macbook Pro and have no issues with it but my previous Apple laptop had a cracked screen.

What does this prove?!!!

May 30, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #2,303 of 6,290
I've recently been using this "laptop vacuum" thingy to cool down the hugo2go during charging. It sucks hot air from the rca/coax/3.5/6.5 jack. Works like a charm!

https://www.amazon.com/Temperature-Auto-Temp-Detection-2600-5000RPM-Nintendo/dp/B01NACVLWM/
Just bout it and will try it.
Please keep us posted. My use case as well.

I think 3.5 hours is about what I was getting. Haven't run it all the way down in a bit though - stuck at home and all. Note that I'm driving speakers (Omega Compact Alnico Monitors) via the RCA outputs - with a simultaneous line out of the headphone jack to a subwoofer. NOT headphones.

Doody

wow, impressive use case!

May 30, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #2,304 of 6,290
I just experience another faulty experience. Using Mconnect HD for streaming tidal, before have a few times drop-out and even stop playing, but usually can resume normal by restart the apps. Now occurring same drop out / stop playing issue in Tidal, trying few times reset apps, even power cycle the 2go, still have same problem, one time may playing 2 tracks have problem, other time even playing few seconds have problem, then I tried to swap to use Android phone, using MConnect app for streaming Tidal, same problem again after playing a few normal tracks. I have wonder if my wireless network have problem, but when I play Tidal through my Android phone, it streams very smoothly without any drop-out or stop. So am I the lucky half?

I have the same issue - very frustrating! Mine is the same whether I use WiFi or Ethernet. I am using iOS and have tried with three different phones. It’s the same.

May 30, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #2,305 of 6,290
It's clear by now that a lot of people are having issues. I am a little puzzled by the relative silence on Chord's part.

It's great that @Matt Bartlett informed us that this is being looked into but a regular status update would have been most welcome (and should have happened by default, to be completely honest);

I am starting to feel uneasy about the whole situation myself and fear that the problem that has been described so many times will somehow appear.

It's a shame that the whole debate has been taken over by issue reports as I truly feel that the 2Go is a very promising product that has actually got me to use my Hugo 2 again.

I can only hope that announcement by Chord will be coming in the very!!! near future.

Last edited:
May 30, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #2,306 of 6,290
Just wondering if an Apple based app will play nicely over airplay. Even locally stored music on your iphone over airplay will probably play okay is my thought.
Just tried using Apple Music to download the same file locally and play over airplay. Same results with LP like static. I don’t have issues with non-instrumental music though

May 30, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #2,307 of 6,290
It's clear by now that a lot of people are having issues. I am a little puzzled by the relative silence on Chord's part.

It's great that @Matt Bartlett informed us that this is being looked into but a regular status update would have been most welcome (and should have happened by default, to be completely honest);

I am starting to feel uneasy about the whole situation myself and fear that the problem that has been described so many times will somehow appear.

It's a shame that the whole debate has been taken over by issue reports as I truly feel that the 2Go is a very promising product that has actually got me to use my Hugo 2 again.

I can only hope that announcement by Chord will be coming in the very!!! near future.

I'm not defending their flaw, or poor testing (because this should've been caught), but Chord has already acknowledged the issue a couple times in this thread. What more can they say? Just keep coming back to say they're sorry? They said they're working on it, and that it's a difficult fix (deep in the coding). Just gotta wait.

May 30, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #2,308 of 6,290
I'm not defending their flaw, or poor testing (because this should've been caught), but Chord has already acknowledged the issue a couple times in this thread. What more can they say? Just keep coming back to say they're sorry? They said they're working on it, and that it's a difficult fix (deep in the coding). Just gotta wait.

I am not expecting anyone to apologise repeatedly. The discussion about sound and features has snowballed into a never ending string of problem reports, which is why I unsubscribed from this thread. It would have helped to say something about an ETA or at least that the source of the problem has been identified.

We are working on it is as vague as it gets.

May 30, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #2,309 of 6,290
Other than the occasional “vinyl” pop, I’ve had no issues since getting my internet provider to give me only the signal to the modem —-no filters or anything. I used to have their modem/router.

taking the 2Go outside during this insane lockdown has probably spared this extravert from losing his mind.

I still have Qobuz. I occasionally listen to BBC 3 via Gofigure.

I have about 1.25 TB in the two cards.

Last edited:
May 30, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #2,310 of 6,290
Someone here said they use player software to control music/track selection when in hotspot mode. That doesn’t work for me using mconnect or Rigelian. All I can do is choose preexisting playlists in hotspot, which, i thought, was the limit to functionality in hot spot mode. Am I wrong?

EDIT: Figured it our. Need to connect to the 2Go on iPhone WiFi.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back