Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
May 29, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #2,266 of 6,290
What does 2go status blue mean?

May 29, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #2,267 of 6,290
I've had my 2Go for about 5 hours. In total I've successful played back about 10 seconds of music. I am only trying to play sd card:

- It is claimed that 2Go's bluetooth connection is always available, but most of the time my gofigure app cannot find any device nearby (multiple iOS devices).

- Once in about 10 tries (after shutting down hugo and 2go and rebooting both) gofigure app is able to find my 2go and make a bluetooth connection, but most of the time it will lose that connection either immediately or in about 20 seconds.

- Once in about 20 tries the connection can stay on about 20 seconds. I can connect the 2go to my local network. The network status on 2go will stay blue. But most of the time the 2go status is blue (I have no idea what it means) and Rigelian cannot find 2go over the local network (the 2go and my iOS device are the only 2 devices on that network.)

- Once in about 30 tries the 2go status will turn green and I can finally browse and play music in Rigelian. But in about 5 seconds 2go will be disconnected from the network, being undiscoverable, despite having 2go status on green and network status on blue. Gofigure app again won't discover the 2go until I reboot, and we are right back to square 1.

What else can I try before sending it back?? @ChordElectronics

Edit: it appears that the above, can play music for only about 5 secs before disconnection, only happens when the router is not connected to the internet. But why, why does my router need to have an internet connection to listen to local music?

Edit: it appears to be a Rigelian issue. yaMPC can be used w/o internet connection with no issue. I guess the 2Go will stay!

Last edited:
May 29, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #2,268 of 6,290
The LS50 Wireless was and has been a complete sh!tshow (just read their reviews on app store), and now Chord can't make a $1300 product work. I guess the real question is, does any network/wifi related equipment made by these hifi companies work?
i sold my LSX. Absolute sh!tshow they were. All network related users. Sounds was amazing but not worth the hassle. And yes i avoid networked hifi like the plague. I’ve lost weeks of my life to sh!tty hifi network issues. Hifi and networks are oil and water but we keep trying to mix them.

May 29, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #2,269 of 6,290
i sold my LSX. Absolute sh!tshow they were. All network related users. Sounds was amazing but not worth the hassle. And yes i avoid networked hifi like the plague. I’ve lost weeks of my life to sh!tty hifi network issues. Hifi and networks are oil and water but we keep trying to mix them.

At least you've gotten rid of it! Mine is still collecting dust. I guess that's why companies like Aurender and Lumin can can charge premium for selling simple computers.

May 29, 2020 at 9:27 PM Post #2,270 of 6,290
Hi, I'm trying to get the 2Go connected through its ethernet port. When I plug it into my Mac it shows up as a LAN in network preferences. Audirvana also displays that a USB LAN network has been connected. However, I can't seem to select the Hugo2Go. It remains under my airplay option, though I thought wifi was supposed to be unavailable when connected by ethernet. However, there doesn't seem to be an option for the wired H2Go.

I set up internet sharing as an earlier post outlined. Is there something else I need to configure?

Thanks!

* Nevermind. Got it up and running. You can select Hugo2Go. Even though it looks like it's the airplay connection it's now switched to LAN. I wish there was some indicator in the OS to differentiate between H2Go wifi (airplay) and H2Go LAN.

Unfortunately, I think this connection is limited to 44.1, but I so far it seems to sound really good.

Last edited:
May 29, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #2,271 of 6,290
Okay, I have to say I think the ethernet connection sounds really good, clear and natural.

I'm trying to set it up now for Windows 10. I have media sharing enabled and the unit is recognized by Win10. I'm trying to stream real time audio to it, but it doesn't show up under "sound."

Does anyone have the 2Go configured for Windows system audio LAN output?

May 29, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #2,272 of 6,290
Okay, I have to say I think the ethernet connection sounds really good, clear and natural.

I'm trying to set it up now for Windows 10. I have media sharing enabled and the unit is recognized by Win10. I'm trying to stream real time audio to it, but it doesn't show up under "sound."

Does anyone have the 2Go configured for Windows system audio LAN output?
What is the best(input I guess) mode of listening with it?

May 30, 2020 at 12:54 AM Post #2,273 of 6,290
This cheap but effective mount can solve heat ventilation issue lots

20200530_124954_HDR.jpg
20200530_125052.jpg

May 30, 2020 at 12:59 AM Post #2,274 of 6,290

Hey Bill. I couldn't help but notice you have the Oriolus mod. Can you tell us a little bit more about it? Is it just a SS casing replacement or are there internal modifications as well? Is are a link where we can find out more about it?

* Found it: https://www.cyras.jp/104834.html

Bill how do you like it?

Last edited:
May 30, 2020 at 1:15 AM Post #2,275 of 6,290
Hey Bill. I couldn't help but notice you have the Oriolus mod. Can you tell us a little bit more about it? Is it just a SS casing replacement or are there internal modifications as well? Is are a link where we can find out more about it?

* Found it: https://www.cyras.jp/104834.html

Bill how do you like it?
I do this in Hong Kong, actually this case is not Stainless Steel, but brass. Much heavier than before, but what I feel is darker (lower noise level, cleaner) in background (maybe grounding and shielding is different using brass), and more stable in the sound stage. No internal modification, just changed the case.

May 30, 2020 at 1:17 AM Post #2,276 of 6,290
I do this in Hong Kong, actually this case is not Stainless Steel, but brass. Much heavier than before, but what I feel is darker (lower noise level, cleaner) in background (maybe grounding and shielding is different using brass), and more stable in the sound stage. No internal modification, just changed the case.
And also it will not break the warranty, because the original case will be given, the case can be recovered.

May 30, 2020 at 1:22 AM Post #2,277 of 6,290
And also it will not break the warranty, because the original case will be given, the case can be recovered.

Interesting. My suspicion is that the mechanical properties of the casing (e.g., vibration) would also affect the sound signature somewhat. This would be similar to the SS, Copper versions of AK SP2000.

It would be nice if the maker would design a matching 2Go case as well.

May 30, 2020 at 1:35 AM Post #2,278 of 6,290

20200530_124954_HDR.jpg20200530_125052.jpg
Good idea, please post a limk where we can get one of these...

May 30, 2020 at 8:09 AM Post #2,280 of 6,290

Many have seen this video before, but I still want to summerize his messages:

- 2go is very unstable in all connection modes ( airplane, bluetooth, airplay, hotspot), is rubbish, don't buy it
- charging time of 2go needs 4 hours, when 2go connecting with Hugo2, fully charging both need total 8 hours, totally unacceptable in 2020, plus it is micro usb, don't know why there is still using micro usb port in 2020
- Hugo2 is highly recommended, it has a very good sound
- if he bought it in England, he will sue Chord for 2go for this rubbish product

I am not 100% agreed what he said, but Chord should really deeply concern about it. The firmware of 2go is still in 0.91 version, not even in 1.0, that is beta version, and should not be launched. Again Chord should provide a stable 1.0 version firmware asap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back