Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Feb 14, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #106 of 6,290
@Mojo ideas @ChordElectronics @Matt Bartlett thumbs up on the 2Go announcement. Looking forward to seeing the User Manual online. Love the Poly now with SW 2.0. 2YU was an interesting and cool surprise. Will there be a Van Nuys Premium travel case for the H2/2Go combo? Hope so.

If I were you, I would buy any upcoming Chord Hugo 2 2Go case.

My recent experience was that I bought a Hugo 2 case that was pictured as a Van Nuys. However I recieved a Chord one and like it more. I never liked the look of the Van Nuys myself.

Feb 14, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #108 of 6,290
Agree it is potentially ideal for a home set up, but a lot will depend on the quality of their software. Given the aggravation that many have had with the Poly I wouldn’t be interested in buying such a thing unless it was utterly rock solid. Any idea what the pair will sell for? £2000? More? Less? Is it restricted to 2.4GHz like the Poly? But the cabling arrangement doesn’t seem very well thought out for a home product - am I right in seeing sockets on three sides?

I totally agree here. Too bad Poly owners can't turn in their units and get a 2Go for a discounted price. An exchange credit. The software for the 2Go must be an improvement over the options that were given to us for the Poly. Maybe the 2Go software is an upgrade over the Poly's software. Hopefully, the Poly can run the 2Go's software.

Feb 14, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #109 of 6,290
Feb 14, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #110 of 6,290
If I were you, I would buy any upcoming Chord Hugo 2 2Go case.

My recent experience was that I bought a Hugo 2 case that was pictured as a Van Nuys. However I recieved a Chord one and like it more. I never liked the look of the Van Nuys myself.

Yes. Any quality case suitable for this transportable kit to protect the investment on the road.

Feb 14, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #111 of 6,290
I just checked and HQPlayer desktop is $316.00 canadian. It will run on a NUC7i3 under Win 10 ($800.00 can) upscaling to 768k pcm with the sinc-m filter.

The Chord fans are sure to flame me but I am Chord dac user and lover.
I have listened to m-sinc filter with HQPlayer and I prefer M-Scaler. But just to show you that just because I’m a Chord fan, you don’t deserve to be flamed. I think if you prefer HQPlayer m-sinc filter, great!!! Get what you love. Your money. Your music. Be happy.

Feb 14, 2020 at 8:03 PM Post #112 of 6,290
0A70024A-53E5-48DE-91C4-F7F15558F406.jpeg
roon display on 50 inch widescreen monitor.

Feb 14, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #113 of 6,290
Not that I'm a fan of MQA, but just out of curiosity... Since the 2go will support Tidal, has Hell frozen over and Chord is now going to pay license fees to MQA/Meridian? Or will it just play back MQA files unfolded?

Feb 14, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #114 of 6,290
deleted

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 11:38 PM Post #115 of 6,290
I have listened to m-sinc filter with HQPlayer and I prefer M-Scaler. But just to show you that just because I’m a Chord fan, you don’t deserve to be flamed. I think if you prefer HQPlayer m-sinc filter, great!!! Get what you love. Your money. Your music. Be happy.
@Progisus, I lied. I went back to the Audiophile style column to see when I listened to the m-sinc filter. And I never did. I’ve tried HQPlayer a number of times on the urging of its creator, Miska. And every time, I prefer my Chord DACs. In its earlier iterations, I clearly preferred Chord Mojo to HQPlayer. And then Miska made a few more filters and told people with Chord DACs to try it again. Bottom line is that the last time I tried it was in July 2018 and Miska recommended sinc or poly-xtr-sinc filter as his best filters and for me, I thought they were getting close to Mojo but nowhere close to M-Scaler.
So it is definitely possible that Miska has finally gotten HQPlayer to a new filter m-sinc which is similar or superior to M-Scaler or you might just prefer it over M-Scaler than me which is cool. But HQPlayer has been around for a very long time and to me, this constant upgrade with newer and newer filters and higher and higher cpu and GPU requirements with no official recommendations from Miska also make it challenging for me to commit to the product. I’m at an age now that M-Scaler makes life super easy for me. All the decisions are made for me and the product works great. I’m just not super keen to be Miska’s free beta tester to get his software product to sound more like M-Scaler.

Feb 15, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #117 of 6,290
flac via wifi then as normal.

With roon every device appears on the audio network. How do you play tidal//spotify when 2go2yu is wired in ethernet? There's no wifi for the devices to communicate with ethernet so how does that work in practice?

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2020 at 4:46 AM Post #118 of 6,290
flac via wifi then as normal.

With roon every device appears on the audio network. How do you play tidal//spotify when 2go2yu is wired in ethernet? There's no wifi for the devices to communicate with ethernet so how does that work in practice?
Your router allows both wired and wireless device to communicate with each other, it’s transparent to the devices whether they are wired or not as they share the same communication protocol.
in poly, with roon, you just select Roon as the end point.
without Roon, poly can be controlled via MPD playback software like cantana as it is also an mpd server (mpd is a music communication protocol).
There are other apps like mConnect that you can use to control poly via DLNA protocol, and these apps also can see your tidal and qobuz accounts, so you can play music from them services at full res over the network to poly, and will be same for 2go I presume.
There are apps for Android, Apple and windows that can control poly in these ways.

Feb 15, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #119 of 6,290
Bi-directional traffic over a mini home LAN. I haven't studied poly enough in great depth. I'm understanding though. Will you be buying 2go2yu? I'm using an ipod touch as roon endpoint now. It's always roon "on" as i set it's screen to auto lock-never. Deja blue.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #120 of 6,290
Bi-directional traffic over a mini home LAN. I haven't studied poly enough in great depth. I'm understanding though. Will you be buying 2go2yu? I'm using an ipod touch as roon endpoint now. It's always roon "on" as i set it's screen to auto lock-never. Deja blue.
That’s a very clever and interesting way of getting music to your DAC/M Scaler or whatever. Is there anything stopping me using an iPhone - an older model second hand isn’t too expensive - with a CCK and using a wireless charging stand (which I could turn off when listening if I thought it made a difference). This would be a low power, simple, battery run, wireless, lossless Roon endpoint. A lot cheaper than the 2Go2Yu pair. Would run on 5GHz too! What more do you want?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back