Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Feb 14, 2020 at 1:30 AM Post #62 of 6,290
Do you think Roon really knows or that the entry for Poly presumes there is a Mojo connected?

It'll show the (certified) devices in the "chain" if they are connected through USB, just like my microRendu "sees" the Hugo2.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-02-14 at 07.27.45.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-14 at 07.27.45.png
    172 KB · Views: 0
Feb 14, 2020 at 2:25 AM Post #64 of 6,290
Not anymore. Roon fixed that. My Samsung galaxy note 9 plays roon glitch free now.

It had the problem for me a couple of weeks ago. Just to be clear, the music doesn’t stop playing and it will continue fine on Roon radio after playing an album. Its just when you want to browse for something else to play that you have to get out of your comfortable chair and wake the iphone otherwise it does not appear as an endpoint in Roon remote. I checked that I have the latest app installed.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 3:33 AM Post #65 of 6,290
Do you think Roon really knows or that the entry for Poly presumes there is a Mojo connected?
The way the usb handshake may take place between them, it’s possible that mojo identifies itself and poly passes it on to Roon. But simpler to hard code.

Feb 14, 2020 at 3:36 AM Post #66 of 6,290
What would the benefit of adding a 2yu (I still think this is a terrible name) to my Hugo 2 and 2Go be?

Or is the 2yu designed to enable 2Go use with non-Chord gear as its main selling point?

Edit: seems like a H2–>2Go—>2yu connection is impossible by design as 2Go and 2yu connect to each other using the same ports as H2 and 2yu

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 3:41 AM Post #67 of 6,290
Does the Roon app control the volume on your Mojo when it is connected to the Poly?
I checked, and although Roon lets you specify ‘fixed’ or ‘device’ for volume, when your on the ‘now playing’ screen, volume is always stated as fixed. Which then seems to mean that you need to control the volume directly on the device.
I wonder is the max rate still 386?
What is a sample rate converter and why would I want one?

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 3:51 AM Post #68 of 6,290
My bad, I was looking at the 2Go features, not the 2yu features.

Feb 14, 2020 at 3:57 AM Post #69 of 6,290
I checked, and although Roon lets you specify ‘fixed’ or ‘device’ for volume, when your on the ‘now playing’ screen, volume is always stated as fixed. Which then seems to mean that you need to control the volume directly on the device.
I wonder is the max rate still 386?
What is a sample rate converter and why would I want one?
Some DACs, like the Naim V1, accept volume control and other commands via USB. This would mean that when you set Roon up appropriately the volume control inside the Roon app directly controls the volume in the DAC. This would be a nice feature for many people. It is known as USB HID volume control. J River also support it. There is a good thread about it here on the Roon forum

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/volume-controlled-by-roon-on-which-dacs/11465/12

As to SRC it does what it says, it changes sample rates - upsampling or downsampling. Some people might want to downsample hi Res because their DAC doesn’t support it, others might want to upsample because some guy on the internet says it is a good idea. What it suggests is that there is a fair amount of processing going on inside the 2Yu which will not please the hair-shirt purists. I myself would probably only be interested USB, which the 2Go already has, so the 2Yu would be an expensive and arguably redundant USB to USB converter. As for SRC, I’m quite happy to let my M Scaler do that.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 4:23 AM Post #70 of 6,290
Another thing I wonder about is whether Hugo 2+2Go can become a Roon core, given that 2Go has server functionality.
I would much rather have this as an option compared to having to boot my PC up every time I want to use Roon.

Would be amazing if possible as I always keep Hugo 2 in desktop mode to preserve its battery.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 4:55 AM Post #71 of 6,290
What would the benefit of adding a 2yu (I still think this is a terrible name) to my Hugo 2 and 2Go be?

Or is the 2yu designed to enable 2Go use with non-Chord gear as its main selling point?

Edit: seems like a H2–>2Go—>2yu connection is impossible by design as 2Go and 2yu connect to each other using the same ports as H2 and 2yu
There seems to be no benefit for 2yu unless you are using mscaler and this is quite huge benefit for me as it allows me to cover with H2 2goyu all use cases need. In theory you could connect 2 GoYu to hugo 2 seperately using any output 2 yu offers but do not see the point at this stage. I think main selling point for 2 yu is for hugo 2 mscaler users or other chord dacs users. I somehow do not bielieve other brands dacs users would want to use chord streamer, unless it will do some wonders sonically. I also doubt 2 goyu will act as roon core but more roon end point but info on chord page is not clear so who knows for sure…

Feb 14, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #73 of 6,290
There seems to be no benefit for 2yu unless you are using mscaler and this is quite huge benefit for me as it allows me to cover with H2 2goyu all use cases need. In theory you could connect 2 GoYu to hugo 2 seperately using any output 2 yu offers but do not see the point at this stage. I think main selling point for 2 yu is for hugo 2 mscaler users or other chord dacs users. I somehow do not bielieve other brands dacs users would want to use chord streamer, unless it will do some wonders sonically. I also doubt 2 goyu will act as roon core but more roon end point but info on chord page is not clear so who knows for sure…

Thanks- I might have to consider buying a Mscaler at some point.
Most people seem to love the thing but the price point and size of it are somewhat offputting.

I really try to stay away from gear that occupies too much space.

Feb 14, 2020 at 5:35 AM Post #74 of 6,290
Thanks- I might have to consider buying a Mscaler at some point.
Most people seem to love the thing but the price point and size of it are somewhat offputting.

I really try to stay away from gear that occupies too much space.
Me to thats why I like clean chord aproach with Mojopoly and Hugo2go. Mscaler main issue is not its size but the fact it requires all the cables going in and out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back