Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Mar 26, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #5,221 of 6,295
Okay. So I am now getting more drops and skips in Roon using Tidal. Maybe I spoke too soon. :frowning2: The weird part is if I am only playing music from my library, no drops or skips at all. I tried playing Roon and Tidal on my phone and I am not getting any drops and skips with the same tracks. I am so confused as to what's happening here. So add me to one of those wishing Chord would release a new firmware.
When using Roon with 2Go you need to hardwire the network cable in order to avoid dropouts. I had to get a dedicated Acess Point just for the 2Go and that seems to work well in my house. The wifi on the 2Go is rubbish, even with the best wifi setup it's still not the best.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #5,222 of 6,295
The convenience factor is really valuable to me
I wish Roon supported being online outside of my house though. Since playlists do not sync back to Tidal / Qobuz, whenever I am not at home, I can't listen to my selection. Else than that, a perfect product!

Mar 26, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #5,223 of 6,295
I wish Roon supported being online outside of my house though. Since playlists do not sync back to Tidal / Qobuz, whenever I am not at home, I can't listen to my selection. Else than that, a perfect product!
Works fine over VPN. Currently listening to my Roon core running on a QNAP NAS in my office on my MacBook Pro. I'm currently going through a playlist of 5000 tracks. When I leave for the day and come back, the playlist resumes where it left off. While not officially supported, it works well. It's also not terribly difficult to set up.

I highly doubt you'll see an implementation of Roon remotely any time soon. Given that a majority of household upload speeds are very slow and multiple networks are involved, I can't see Roon being able to provide a reasonable experience without transcoding or compressing the audio.

Mar 26, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #5,224 of 6,295
Works fine over VPN.
I thought of this too, thanks for confirming it works! Another way would be to set up Roon Core on a VM perhaps, like AWS or GCP.

Given that a majority of household upload speeds
Depends where you live, bigger cities in Switzerland are rocking 10gbps, the rest is at 1gbps, but I get your point!

Mar 27, 2021 at 12:32 AM Post #5,226 of 6,295
solution is to just keep the playlists on Tidal/Qobuz natively
Which is not easy to do if you use Roon as the front end. Playlists created with Roon aren't synced to Tidal/Qobuz, so one would need to use those to manage their library and utilize Roon just as a player. So not a great user equipment in my opinion.

Mar 27, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #5,227 of 6,295
Did anyone got the official Chord case with straps correctly? I heard a funny story from someone who ordered a case for his 2Go + Hugo 2. Chord seems to be putting the wrong cases in their boxes.

In the box, the straps were included but the case was the regular case (on which you cannot put the straps on). And his replacement case, had the exact same problem. He got told by his dealer that he has to wait an indefinite time as Chord cannot give an estimate when they will ship the correct case that supports the straps.

Did anyone here got the same issue as he did with the official Chord cases?

Mar 27, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #5,228 of 6,295
Did anyone got the official Chord case with straps correctly? I heard a funny story from someone who ordered a case for his 2Go + Hugo 2. Chord seems to be putting the wrong cases in their boxes.

In the box, the straps were included but the case was the regular case (on which you cannot put the straps on). And his replacement case, had the exact same problem. He got told by his dealer that he has to wait an indefinite time as Chord cannot give an estimate when they will ship the correct case that supports the straps.

Did anyone here got the same issue as he did with the official Chord cases?
I heard from one of my dealers that they ordered some cases with no straps and indeed there were no straps. All the cases they received, nevertheless, had the D rings to which a strap would attach.

There have been some mix-ups, it seems.

Probably not surprising, given the current global crisis.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #5,229 of 6,295
I heard from one of my dealers that they ordered some cases with no straps and indeed there were no straps. All the cases they received, nevertheless, had the D rings to which a strap would attach.

There have been some mix-ups, it seems.

Looks like it. Hope he doesn't get an "open box" case that one of your dealer has, since he paid for a brand new one.

Mar 27, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #5,230 of 6,295
Looks like it. Hope he doesn't get an "open box" case that one of your dealer has, since he paid for a brand new one.
I have a case and the box it came in opens easily with no seals broken or damage done to the packing.

If a dealer had two boxes, one containing a strap when it shouldn't, and the other not containing a strap when it should, I would think it perverse to send the two boxes back to Chord rather than just transferring the strap from one box to the other 🙂

Mar 27, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #5,231 of 6,295
I thought of this too, thanks for confirming it works! Another way would be to set up Roon Core on a VM perhaps, like AWS or GCP.

Depends where you live, bigger cities in Switzerland are rocking 10gbps, the rest is at 1gbps, but I get your point!
I should add “in the US” to the lousy upload speeds. I’m running 100 Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload. You’d think that’s plenty of headroom for hi res. It’s not. I can’t reliably stream over CD quality without skips and dropouts. No matter because I’m not critically listening at my office.

Some people put their music on network storage and mount the drive remotely when away from the home network. I don’t know how switching from the remote drive back to local works long term. I imagine you’ll have to refresh your database each switch. And you’ll have to use one computer as your core if you want to maintain your playlist counts. Hence why I chose VPN.

I tried a VM solution like you mentioned as well. Ran into the same bandwidth issues. In addition, you are dependent on the VM software to handle the audio stream.

Mar 27, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #5,232 of 6,295
Soooo...

Today I thought I'd try out some new iems on the Hugo2go. All very exciting.

Before I started though, I thought I'd let the Hugo2go and the iems warm up while I prepared lunch.

What harm would there be, I thought, in leaving the Hugo2go on the charger while doing this. Bear in mind, as I only use the Hugo2go while out and about, that I had never done this before. But surely, just this little once despite all the stuff I'd read on this thread about people doing exactly this, I could get away with it. Just this little once?

Noooo...

Toys out of the pram. All of them. Instantly.

First it wouldn't recognise the playlists on the sd card. So I restarted the app. Now it wouldn't see my phone's hotspot. Another app restart. Now it wouldn't even see my phone's Bluetooth.

I reset the 2go and started again. It saw the Bluetooth ok but not the wireless. I had manually to re-enter the phone's hotspot details.

Then it saw the WiFi. But it still wouldn't see the playlists. It decided it had to re-index the sd card (a slow business) not once but TWICE.

After more than an hour of this I was eventually able to play music.

Plugging in the charger while the Hugo2go is on is a mistake I'll never make again.

Mar 29, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #5,233 of 6,295
Yeah, i remember that crap when I still had the 2Go + Hugo 2.

People say I need to buy a new router, but every other single device works fine on my network and I have one of the fastest networks money can buy.

Hopefully a new firmware update comes out.

I had no idea there was a case with straps. That changes things. I will check it when my friend finally gets his correct case and test if you can use it outside “On the Go” like this. Maybe I will consider re-buying it then.

Mar 29, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #5,234 of 6,295
I had no idea there was a case with straps. That changes things. I will check it when my friend finally gets his correct case and test if you can use it outside “On the Go” like this. Maybe I will consider re-buying it then.
Just today I went out and about with the new case with strap.

Instead of wearing the strap over my shoulder (I hate stuff over my shoulder) I threaded the strap through my jeans' belt loops and had the Hugo2go hang at my hip. I kept my phone on the other side, well away from the Hugo2go.

It worked very well.

Mar 30, 2021 at 7:42 AM Post #5,235 of 6,295
I got in touch with Chord because of my issues and I was told that the firmware can come within a month. Not sure though how long they were saying this to all. 😂

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back