Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Apr 11, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #5,254 of 6,290
Well 2Go finally arrived with the Leather case and a little leather key ring, nice touch to save wastage from the leather case cut out.
First impressions : Not Great.
I have Ubiquiti Wireless with Nano HD end points kicking out between 60-200 mbps and connected to a dedicated 2.4ghz channel I’m still finding its stuttering every now and then.
I’m unsure what the chipset is inside the 2Go but this has really surprised me and although sitting 3ft inside my conservatory where I work, and the end point within 5m it’s struggling from time to time.
It’s raining outside but if it stutters on the patio which is 6m from the access point then it’s going back, nothing else suffers and working with Apple I have a good 40 devices connected to WiFi and all set to accurate channels so no interference.

I didn’t expect to have this on the first day. Chord literally hand delivered this over to RicherSounds in Maidstone yesterday for me to collect,so a bit disappointing so far.

I may pop over to Chord in the week and ask the question direct.

I am hoping that for whatever reason, Mconnect is throwing a wobbly and not the connection to the 2Go, I’ve just checked on Ookla and it’s not exactly slow even though I do like it to be up near 200mbps.

Congratulations by the way on the new Hugo2go. And welcome to the self-troubleshooting portion of your ownership.

Try directly connecting using the Ethernet port. If you still have stutter and pauses, you've isolated the issue to the 2go or your playback software.

I have a Google Wifi mesh and have several access points, pretty much an AP per quadrant of house. I have no stutter or drop outs. I will get an occasional click or pop (like vinyl). The Wifi chipset (shared with the Poly) isn't the most robust, but has enough bandwidth to theoretically easily handle HiRes/DSD loads. If you search the poly thread, they identified the exact wifi chipset and bandwidth. IIRC, it was in the 60mbps range.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #5,255 of 6,290
Congratulations by the way on the new Hugo2go. And welcome to the self-troubleshooting portion of your ownership.

Try directly connecting using the Ethernet port. If you still have stutter and pauses, you've isolated the issue to the 2go or your playback software.

I have a Google Wifi mesh and have several access points, pretty much an AP per quadrant of house. I have no stutter or drop outs. I will get an occasional click or pop (like vinyl). The Wifi chipset (shared with the Poly) isn't the most robust, but has enough bandwidth to theoretically easily handle HiRes/DSD loads. If you search the poly thread, they identified the exact wifi chipset and bandwidth. IIRC, it was in the 60mbps range.
Thanks, and aside the issues I love it when it’s working ok.
I’ve just emailed Chord to ask for advice.
I think what’s frustrating is stepping inside my conservatory is stutters, step outside it’s fine.
Now I fully understand that the conservatory can act like a faraday cage, but everything else is fine inside the conservatory including the Bowers and Wilkins 2.4ghz products that we used to sell and I have, and the access point is literally just above it so it only has to share WiFi through one wall and down, it’s not exactly the opposite end of the house and through 6 solid brick walls and I don’t live in a mansion, probably the size of an average garage in the USA :)
I’m just struggling to understand why the unit struggles so badly with signal compared to every other product I have. I kept reading people saying they struggled with this, I’ve a few friends wanting to see mine and looking to buy and currently I feel I’d struggle to recommend it knowing they have larger older houses and I can see them having potential issues,which is just such a shame because look at it, it’s such a sexy looking product!
I am reluctantly going to test putting another access point right by the conservatory just for the 2GO but It seems crazy to have to do so..

16A4C131-C8ED-422A-9022-33BF7ECCA0E4.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 4:56 AM Post #5,256 of 6,290
So I’ve managed to set up another extension and remove the Ubiquiti Nano HD from the ceiling on my landing and place next to the conservatory, I’ve tested every 2.4ghz product I can find, including all my B&O, B&W, my WiFi plugs, some Bose gear and dragged it all 1m into the conservatory.
The 2Go works perfectly as does everything else.
I’ve then left everything where it is and put the NanoHD back upstairs about 5-6m as the crow flys, and everything still connects perfectly, apart from the 2Go, stutters along.
Really lost how this one product just doesn’t seem to be able to hold a constant link when every other manufacturer does.
I’ve tested hardwire also just to make sure there are no throttling issues but it still doesn’t take away every 2.4ghz product connects ok.
Has anyone any idea if this is simply the electronics inside just needing such a strong transfer or signal and anything that’s less than perfect just doesn’t cut it?
I’m showing full WiFi bands on my phone in the conservatory.

Screenshot 2021-04-14 at 09.57.52.png

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 5:44 AM Post #5,257 of 6,290
So I’ve managed to set up another extension and remove the Ubiquiti Nano HD from the ceiling on my landing and place next to the conservatory, I’ve tested every 2.4ghz product I can find, including all my B&O, B&W, my WiFi plugs, some Bose gear and dragged it all 1m into the conservatory.
The 2Go works perfectly as does everything else.
I’ve then left everything where it is and put the NanoHD back upstairs about 5-6m as the crow flys, and everything still connects perfectly, apart from the 2Go, stutters along.
Really lost how this one product just doesn’t seem to be able to hold a constant link when every other manufacturer does.
I’ve tested hardwire also just to make sure there are no throttling issues but it still doesn’t take away every 2.4ghz product connects ok.
Has anyone any idea if this is simply the electronics inside just needing such a strong transfer or signal and anything that’s less than perfect just doesn’t cut it?
I’m showing full WiFi bands on my phone in the conservatory.

Screenshot 2021-04-14 at 09.57.52.png
I am hoping that it's the implementation of the wifi chip inside 2go that needs work. If that's the case, it can be remedied by firmware updates. For my use case, some days it works perfectly. I have a small house and I only use one Deco M5. My bedroom is about 6M from the Deco's location. My issues with skips happen only when playing Tidal from Roon. My roon server is installed inside a Synology DS220+. When I am looking at the Roon logs when I encounter skips it mentions that the endpoint (2go) is in sleep mode, which shouldn't be the case. Mind you, I do encounter skips as well with my Kef LS50W using wifi and Roon + Tidal but very rarely, and it's the same reason in the logs as with 2go.

Apr 14, 2021 at 7:00 AM Post #5,258 of 6,290
To be fair, I am hoping so.
Chord are a nice company, good product and they always reply to my calls or emails and helping me now.
It’s just a little frustrating with the value of the set up there are these niggles. The truth be told, I love it, from the few days I’ve used it solidly a good 8 hours a day working, I can’t be without it, but only in the lounge and bedroom in the evening where it works faultlessly.
Worst case scenario I’ll just have to get another end point downstairs but I’d rather not.

Apr 14, 2021 at 7:43 AM Post #5,259 of 6,290
Me too. I love it, despite the shortcomings. I love the hugo 2 and the 2go just makes it a complete package. I still have faith that they can figure this out.

Apr 14, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #5,260 of 6,290
I must be super lucky to have excellent WiFi performance pretty much everywhere- including on the balcony.

This is now my second Hugo2Go bundle.

EDIT: also had zero issues while my expensive Wifi 6 router was being replaced.

I used a generic router provided by my ISP.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #5,261 of 6,290
I must be super lucky to have excellent WiFi performance pretty much everywhere- including on the balcony.

This is now my second Hugo2Go bundle.

EDIT: also had zero issues while my expensive Wifi 6 router was being replaced.

I used a generic router provided by my ISP.
Maybe so, which is great for you.
My Bowers & Wilkins Formation Duo’s which are a few meters away are showing 99% signal on my 200mbps download speed from Virgin and strong WiFi showing 99% on the Ubiquiti portal but the Hugo2 is displaying only -70dbm 52% and stuttering. The Bowers & Wilkins wedge in here is also solid performance.
It can resolved by me throwing around £200 of fun coupons at it, but I just wonder how people with solid walls and big house and larger conservatories cope? My Endpoint is literally above it facing down.
Oh well, it’s a small price to pay currently for something that sounds so great.

Apr 16, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #5,262 of 6,290
2Go is rubbish with Wifi, especially when using Roon. I bought a separate access point and disabled all 5ghz and just use that for 2Go on 2.5GHZ It works OK and I can go to the garden and still get a connection without any drops. Another solution is to get a powerline adapter for your conservatory and then hardwire the 2go to the powerline adapter. The powerline is a much better solution, but it's not wireless. :triportsad:

Apr 16, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #5,263 of 6,290
Ok so today I had a good in-depth conversation with Chord so to be honest although I’m frustrated, I can only commend the manufacturer for taking the time to spend with me.
The long and short of it I think is the 2Go needs a really solid connection with solid bandwidth on the current chipset to stream DLNA, and they have updated the WiFi driver to its peak so I think although it works all around my home, the conservatory is just a bridge too far for it. I am going to have to extend the capabilities with another Endpoint.
We discussed my streaming and agreed MConnect is probably the best there is until they have Spotify, Qobuz, Tidal etc enrolled into the DLNA function.
I think for me, I’d rather have this discussion and know where I stand rather than false promises of fixes that won’t come and promises that can’t be upheld. As many have said they have not had any issues because it simply works in their environment, it does for me apart from this one room.
But I shall be keeping it.
I thank Chord for taking the time, many manufacturers would have just not bothered replying or making a conscious effort to help or advise.
I suppose everything has its limits.

Apr 16, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #5,264 of 6,290
Ok so today I had a good in-depth conversation with Chord so to be honest although I’m frustrated, I can only commend the manufacturer for taking the time to spend with me.
The long and short of it I think is the 2Go needs a really solid connection with solid bandwidth on the current chipset to stream DLNA, and they have updated the WiFi driver to its peak so I think although it works all around my home, the conservatory is just a bridge too far for it. I am going to have to extend the capabilities with another Endpoint.
We discussed my streaming and agreed MConnect is probably the best there is until they have Spotify, Qobuz, Tidal etc enrolled into the DLNA function.
I think for me, I’d rather have this discussion and know where I stand rather than false promises of fixes that won’t come and promises that can’t be upheld. As many have said they have not had any issues because it simply works in their environment, it does for me apart from this one room.
But I shall be keeping it.
I thank Chord for taking the time, many manufacturers would have just not bothered replying or making a conscious effort to help or advise.
I suppose everything has its limits.
Go for one of these for your conservatory and hardwire the 2go. Works perfect and no more dropouts.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/TL-PA401...ld=1&keywords=powerline&qid=1618607071&sr=8-3

Apr 20, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #5,265 of 6,290
In the park listening to Hugo2go and oBravo Ra c-cu.

Truly a match made in heaven 🌞

Users who are viewing this thread

Back