Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Apr 21, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #5,267 of 6,290
Maybe I’m off topic but when I see all the stuff Apple release (cf yesterday keynote) and in the meantime we’re still waiting for the 2Yu, I wonder if it’s normal, even in this particular period, it takes so long to release it.
I know the companies are very different but still…

Apr 21, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #5,268 of 6,290
Maybe I’m off topic but when I see all the stuff Apple release (cf yesterday keynote) and in the meantime we’re still waiting for the 2Yu, I wonder if it’s normal, even in this particular period, it takes so long to release it.
Working in the Apple arena and running the sales team for one of Europe’s largest Apple suppliers with over 30 retail stores, I promise you Chord Manufacturing are night and day on the scale. The capacity in Shenzhen and the facilities that work with Apple will probably outweigh Chord by 50,000:1 and just can’t be compared.
Apple have had constraint issues like all manufacturers, but I would think Chord work solely with one solid company for the bulk of their design and assembly so I think they have done pretty well all things being in the world we are living in at this time. It only takes one washer on a large scale project to hold it back 6-12 months. I’m sure it’s frustrating for everyone, but unless your in the entertainment industry I can’t see any reason to hold back a product unless it’s still not available in good enough qty’s or firmware etc is still being updated.
I will sticking an Airtag on my 2Go when I get it :)

Apr 22, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #5,269 of 6,290
Agree with @HeavenlyD and let's not also forget Air Tags are about 2 years late, and Airpower Mat (or whatever it was called) got binned by Apple even after they announced it because they couldn't make it in the end. All that glitters.

Apr 22, 2021 at 9:38 PM Post #5,271 of 6,290
Last edited:
Apr 22, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #5,272 of 6,290
Agree with @HeavenlyD and let's not also forget Air Tags are about 2 years late, and Airpower Mat (or whatever it was called) got binned by Apple even after they announced it because they couldn't make it in the end. All that glitters.

Airtags was “late” because Apple wants to avoid legal problems, as in creating an infrastructure which allows 3rd-parties to make use of the exact same network as Airtags. Tile is waiting to sue Apple with the launch of Airtags, so it is a real risk.

And US senators have already included Airtags in their anti-competitive hearings already (which Apple has already addressed by making their network open to other people)

Btw, the reason why Apple is still able to create products, is because Apple throws alot of money around. They got their operations under control.

If you look at AMD, who use the same TMSC for producing chips, they are screwed because Apple basically buys all capacity. That is why there is a global shortage for GPU’s, Xbox Series X and Playstation 5.

Chord obviously doesn’t have the power and money to demand capacity from manufacturers like Apple does. So just like AMD, they have a low priority. It all comes down to, who has the most $$$.

I will be very suprised if they do manage to get to 2YU out this year to be honest.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #5,273 of 6,290
Airtags was “late” because Apple wants to avoid legal problems, as in creating an infrastructure which allows 3rd-parties to make use of the exact same network as Airtags. Tile is waiting to sue Apple with the launch of Airtags, so it is a real risk.

And US senators have already included Airtags in their anti-competitive hearings already (which Apple has already addressed by making their network open to other people)

Btw, the reason why Apple is still able to create products, is because Apple throws alot of money around. They got their operations under control.

If you look at AMD, who use the same TMSC for producing chips, they are screwed because Apple basically buys all capacity. That is why there is a global shortage for GPU’s, Xbox Series X and Playstation 5.

Chord obviously doesn’t have the power and money to demand capacity from manufacturers like Apple does. So just like AMD, they have a low priority. It all comes down to, who has the most $$$.

I will be very suprised if they do manage to get to 2YU out this year to be honest.

Apr 23, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #5,274 of 6,290
Sorry not used to the reply format! I can only say in our defence that If chip manufactures would make chips that performed properly to their specifications at the high data rates we would have had 2yu out a year ago. We are incredibly close to launching now but believe me it’s been a journey for the development team that was not of our making. I’m looking forward myself to the 2yu launch and the fixes and new features of the 2go and the Gofigure set up app. I’m sure that we will give more explanations about all this a little later thanks for your forbearance over this interesting last eighteen months.

Last edited:
May 4, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #5,275 of 6,290
Sorry if my questions have been answered somewhere in the thread already. I did not read through all the 352 pages.
I have managed to access the 2go from the go figure app through bluetooth and configure Qobuz access. Using mconnect I am able to play Qobuz tracks. In order to go further I have a few questions:
  • Is there any way to access 2go from go figure through Wifi? My 2go is connected to my LAN using ethernet, so are all the Wifi hotspots. When I manually scan for devices in go figure I once got two instances of 2go, one with a bluetooth symbol and one with a Wifi symbol. But since then I only ever get the bluetooth one and that one forces me to disconnect ethernet from the 2go in order to access 2go
  • When I tell the 2go to play some Qobuz tracks, does all the data stay within the 2go or does it make a detour via the device go figure is on?
  • Is there any way to tell the 2go mediaserver to scan my NAS for music?
  • the Roon certification for 2go / Hugo2 has been a few months back. Does anyone know of an updated firmware? My device is still on 1.02
thanks a lot

May 8, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #5,276 of 6,290
@jacobacci

1. Yes that is how I run my 2GoHugo2, some people have wifi issues and 2Go can be a bit picky about certain Wifi access points and routers so perhaps that is your issue. If you have a smartphone activate its wifi hotspot and try connecting to that.

2. When listening to Qobuz and Tidal all data is streamed, no offline is possible, does that answer the question?

3. If you can install a music sharing app on your NAS then yes. My QNAP NAS has a DLNA service that can be installed. I'm not sure if the GoFigure app supports DLNA shares but for this purpose I use mconnect on my Android device.

4. I'm on 1.0.3 which is the latest AFAIK. 2Go and Roon work well for me. :)

1620490884745.png

Last edited:
May 8, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #5,278 of 6,290
Had some time today to breathe look and listen!
I'd have been doing the same were the weather here today not total pants 🌧️

May 10, 2021 at 2:41 AM Post #5,279 of 6,290
By the way question for 2go users, does your unit charge to max level (blue light)? It seems that mine even overnight 12h can charge only to green light...Will it improve lately? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back