Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Mar 25, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #5,206 of 6,295
So I am not from the US and I got it locally here. But I did look at amazon and this looks very similar to what I bought: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KK1CMWH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_8AEEV862C01CXBJGQRHE

Again, I have to reiterate that I did put foams to make it fit. If you can find a more suitable clamp the better.
I think that you are ok.
With covid I work a lot from home, so I use 3 lamical stands for phone, Ipad, and tablet, and experience no problems. Many stands seem to be similar, so users will probably choose using criteria such as cost, shipping time. :relaxed:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NDMRP2J

Mar 25, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #5,208 of 6,295
We will still need the foam I think.
I have no problems with foam.
There are a lot of generic phone/tablet stands, so if anyone works from home during covid, it is easy to find a stand that is functional, robust, cheap etc.
If the stand is the 'solution', that still leaves the opportunity to tailor the solution by adding 'foam or other absorber'.
:relaxed:

Mar 25, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #5,209 of 6,295
I was wondering inf the clicks and pops issue had been solved by now. Still however, as I would only likely use SD-card playback, £1000 is a too much. I am happy with any attached device file-source, and never heard anything different between sources myself yet.

Would be nice to have a single unit though.

(Am still hoping for a cheaper SD-card payback only module. Wasting my time wishful thinking though.)

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #5,210 of 6,295
I think that you are ok.
With covid I work a lot from home, so I use 3 lamical stands for phone, Ipad, and tablet, and experience no problems. Many stands seem to be similar, so users will probably choose using criteria such as cost, shipping time. :relaxed:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NDMRP2J
I agree this will work. I was thinking about this kind of mount too but figured the hugo will not be able to fit the curve since these are designed for tablets and cellphones which are a lot slimmer. I guess you can further bend it? I also looked at the mobile stands but the clamps are a lot smaller and would probably be not as robust as the ones for tablets.

I like putting it in a stand for heat dissipation. If chord will put out an official stand like this I would probably buy one. :)

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #5,211 of 6,295
I was wondering inf the clicks and pops issue had been solved by now.
It has not. Well, maybe the last firmware update did help some people, but there are still people (like myself) still getting it. Chord has said that another crack at it is coming, but their next firmware update is taking a while, citing Covid-related setbacks.

Mar 25, 2021 at 7:35 PM Post #5,212 of 6,295
I was wondering inf the clicks and pops issue had been solved by now. Still however, as I would only likely use SD-card playback, £1000 is a too much. I am happy with any attached device file-source, and never heard anything different between sources myself yet.

Would be nice to have a single unit though.

(Am still hoping for a cheaper SD-card payback only module. Wasting my time wishful thinking though.)

For that proposed use case, why not just use an appropriate DAP as transport for the Hugo2?

Mar 26, 2021 at 1:12 AM Post #5,213 of 6,295
It has not. Well, maybe the last firmware update did help some people, but there are still people (like myself) still getting it. Chord has said that another crack at it is coming, but their next firmware update is taking a while, citing Covid-related setbacks.
I may be one of the lucky few to not have encountered clicks and pops during playback. I did however get some drops in some tracks, I am not sure though if it is because of my internet not being able to load the tidal tracks on time (I did not notice the drops when I am playing my library tracks). I am however hopeful that Chord continues to put out firmware updates to resolve some of the issues some folks have been encountering. I would also like to be able to turn off the 2go when I turn off the hugo 2 using the remote even when it's plugged in all the time.

On another note, I did not like that the USB is sticking out on the side so I bought a right-angle USB adapter. It works. But others please do chime in if you think this is a bad idea. Also flipped my stand to how it was intended to be used. Looks a lot cleaner now

hugo2.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2021 at 5:21 AM Post #5,214 of 6,295
I am considering getting a 2Go for my H2, but even after reading quite a bit I am not sure about 2 things:

SQ: how much of a difference does the 2Go make?
I had the best experience with Toslink from a MBP - does the 2Go sound as good or even better?

Usability/control: how to use without ROON?
I have been reading quite a bit but the operating concept without Roon is not clear to me.
How do you control playback from the SD cards and how do you control Tidal or internet radio?
Is it possible to try the software before actually getting the 2Go?

I use a Raspberry Pi with Allo Digione Pro connected to my CHORD 2Qute in the stereo rig, with a Squeezebox/LMS software, controlling it from the phone via the iPeng App.
That works very well. Is it possible to use a similar, free solution with the 2Go?

Mar 26, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #5,215 of 6,295
I am considering getting a 2Go for my H2, but even after reading quite a bit I am not sure about 2 things:

SQ: how much of a difference does the 2Go make?
I had the best experience with Toslink from a MBP - does the 2Go sound as good or even better?

Usability/control: how to use without ROON?
I have been reading quite a bit but the operating concept without Roon is not clear to me.
How do you control playback from the SD cards and how do you control Tidal or internet radio?
Is it possible to try the software before actually getting the 2Go?

I use a Raspberry Pi with Allo Digione Pro connected to my CHORD 2Qute in the stereo rig, with a Squeezebox/LMS software, controlling it from the phone via the iPeng App.
That works very well. Is it possible to use a similar, free solution with the 2Go?
To be honest, when I started playing around with the 2go, I was disappointed because playing tracks from my NAS proved to be more difficult than it should be. It was not my intention to use the SD card to begin with, I just wanted a way to do away with using my laptop with the hugo 2. I tried Tidal next, I liked it as it sounded really good but then again, there was no direct link to 2go that I know of. Alas, my 2go came with a voucher for Roon. Installed the Roon server in my NAS, fired it up and it worked seamlessly with 2go. Now I am considering the lifetime subscription for Roon after my 2 month trial expires. It was sooo easy and I now have my library and Tidal in one app.

As for the sound quality, I honestly do not hear a difference between using the hugo with 2go vs usb, but I probably do not have golden ears like others.

Mar 26, 2021 at 7:04 AM Post #5,216 of 6,295
To be honest, when I started playing around with the 2go, I was disappointed because playing tracks from my NAS proved to be more difficult than it should be. It was not my intention to use the SD card to begin with, I just wanted a way to do away with using my laptop with the hugo 2. I tried Tidal next, I liked it as it sounded really good but then again, there was no direct link to 2go that I know of. Alas, my 2go came with a voucher for Roon. Installed the Roon server in my NAS, fired it up and it worked seamlessly with 2go. Now I am considering the lifetime subscription for Roon after my 2 month trial expires. It was sooo easy and I now have my library and Tidal in one app.

As for the sound quality, I honestly do not hear a difference between using the hugo with 2go vs usb, but I probably do not have golden ears like others.

Roon really is a game changer when it comes to integrating new hardware into your ecosystem and combining local files with streaming services. Well worth the subscription fee.

Mar 26, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #5,217 of 6,295
Okay. So I am now getting more drops and skips in Roon using Tidal. Maybe I spoke too soon. :frowning2: The weird part is if I am only playing music from my library, no drops or skips at all. I tried playing Roon and Tidal on my phone and I am not getting any drops and skips with the same tracks. I am so confused as to what's happening here. So add me to one of those wishing Chord would release a new firmware.

Mar 26, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #5,218 of 6,295
I am now getting more drops and skips in Roon using Tidal
Worth mentioning is that I am also getting (as of a couple of days) more and more skips/sudden next song/drops from Roon using Tidal and I am USB connected to HTT2, so not using 2Go, maybe Roon/Tidal has an issue?

Mar 26, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #5,219 of 6,295
Worth mentioning is that I am also getting (as of a couple of days) more and more skips/sudden next song/drops from Roon using Tidal and I am USB connected to HTT2, so not using 2Go, maybe Roon/Tidal has an issue?
Thank you. I do hope that's the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back