Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Mar 22, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #5,191 of 6,295
Also I noticed a new problem with my unit since leaving it permanently plugged in.
Whenever I listen to it, after switching it off, the on/off switch glows bright white, which I believe means it’s recharging?
I have to cover the unit with a book or something otherwise its like having a light on on the bedside as we try to sleep. By morning the light has always gone out again.

My understanding is that the unit should be in desktop mode as it is permanently plugged into the mains and so there should never be lights shining when it is switched off as it should never need to recharge?
Am I missing something?
+1, I notice the same. And would like an answer too.

Mar 22, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #5,193 of 6,295
Yup. Don't switch anything off. Simple as that

Mar 22, 2021 at 11:54 PM Post #5,196 of 6,295
Also I noticed a new problem with my unit since leaving it permanently plugged in.
Whenever I listen to it, after switching it off, the on/off switch glows bright white, which I believe means it’s recharging?
I have to cover the unit with a book or something otherwise its like having a light on on the bedside as we try to sleep. By morning the light has always gone out again.

My understanding is that the unit should be in desktop mode as it is permanently plugged into the mains and so there should never be lights shining when it is switched off as it should never need to recharge?
Am I missing something?
Whilst in desktop mode, the voltage on the battery is reduced, as the batteries reliability is affected with a constant 24/7 high charging voltage. But the downside to this is the battery charge level is reduced. So when you turn it off, the battery is charged to 100%, then the battery is disconnected from the charger, so the battery no longer sees the high voltage. Both modes of operation is OK for the battery, as the 100% value is still safe - it's just you don't want it for 24/7.

Mar 23, 2021 at 2:42 AM Post #5,197 of 6,295
Caved in. So far so good. Running on wireless network, Roon server running on a Synology NAS. No dropouts yet. As a test, I also did fire up my LS50W speakers playing on Roon and both have been playing flawlessly so far. Very happy with this.

2go.jpg

Really the first time running MQA stuff, is my signal path okay? Or do I need to tweak anything else?

roon.jpg

Mar 23, 2021 at 3:39 AM Post #5,198 of 6,295
Caved in. So far so good. Running on wireless network, Roon server running on a Synology NAS. No dropouts yet. As a test, I also did fire up my LS50W speakers playing on Roon and both have been playing flawlessly so far. Very happy with this.

2go.jpg

Really the first time running MQA stuff, is my signal path okay? Or do I need to tweak anything else?
wow, i have never thought of using tablet stand for Hugo2go, good idea! I have to get one of that.

Mar 23, 2021 at 3:47 AM Post #5,199 of 6,295
wow, i have never thought of using tablet stand for Hugo2go, good idea! I have to get one of that.
Not sure if you noticed but i did cut 2 pieces of foam to make the hugo fit. The clamps on this stand is too big. I'm not complaining as the foams might be another protection for it.

Mar 25, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #5,202 of 6,295

2go.jpg

roon.jpg
Where did you get the stand?

Mar 25, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #5,203 of 6,295
Mar 25, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #5,204 of 6,295
Mar 25, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #5,205 of 6,295

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back