Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Nov 1, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #4,591 of 6,290
For those of you wishing to use the 2go and roon without wifi and routers...yes, it is possible. A geek friend of mine set up a dhcp server on my windows roon server. Not sure if I'm explaining this right, (it all flew right over my head as well), and please don't ask me how to get the dhcp server set up.
As of now the h2go is connected directly to the roon server with ethernet. So it looks like: Windows roon server~ethernet cable~media converter~fibre optic cable~ media converter~ethernet cable~chord h2go.
No router in between. I now connect to roon via WiFi but the 1's and 0's are sent directly to the 2go sans router in the mix. The media converters are there to convert the signal to optical as this allows for galvanic isolation between the server and the 2go. Also it sounds better to my ears. The media converters aren't essential, you can connect the server directly to the h2go with ethernet.( sounded like crap to my ears though, without the optical in between...ymmv).
So that's you and me both twisted up into pretzels by our mutual desire to use the 2go without WiFi - you with geek software on your pc with ethernet and optical and me with BLE, gofigure, and the damned playlists 😀

Nov 1, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #4,592 of 6,290
So that's you and me both twisted up into pretzels by our mutual desire to use the 2go without WiFi - you with geek software on your pc with ethernet and optical and me with BLE, gofigure, and the damned playlists 😀
:beerchug: Although, all things considered I just went for this 'cause I could and wanted to see how far the envelope would get pushed. Ultimately its a quest for better sound quality. The drop out gremlins I'd encountered earlier on with wifi had disappeared, so this was a purely audio quality based exercise for me and its paid off in spades.

Nov 1, 2020 at 9:55 PM Post #4,593 of 6,290
For those of you wishing to use the 2go and roon without wifi and routers...yes, it is possible. A geek friend of mine set up a dhcp server on my windows roon server. Not sure if I'm explaining this right, (it all flew right over my head as well), and please don't ask me how to get the dhcp server set up.
As of now the h2go is connected directly to the roon server with ethernet. So it looks like: Windows roon server~ethernet cable~media converter~fibre optic cable~ media converter~ethernet cable~chord h2go.
No router in between. I now connect to roon via WiFi but the 1's and 0's are sent directly to the 2go sans router in the mix. The media converters are there to convert the signal to optical as this allows for galvanic isolation between the server and the 2go. Also it sounds better to my ears. The media converters aren't essential, you can connect the server directly to the h2go with ethernet.( sounded like crap to my ears though, without the optical in between...ymmv).
[/

Great idea. Now replace the power supplies on your two media converters with linear power supplies, and you will very likely enjoy an audible difference. Noise is the enemy!!

Nov 2, 2020 at 4:02 AM Post #4,594 of 6,290
Seven months later, the 2yu remains as the loch nest monster. We talk about it a lot but we never see it.

Nov 2, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #4,597 of 6,290
Can't you connect the H2 directly via USB to the roon core? No need for the 2go.

Nov 2, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #4,598 of 6,290
Silence on 2go Roon Certification; some now not accepted as "developers" as a workaround. No sign of updates on 2yu release (cancelled my preorder and refunded). So many of us thought this would go so much smoother with "learnings" from Poly growing pain experience. (Love my Poly with FW 2.0) who could have predicted this. Longer the silence goes on the less faith I have for resolution or even Chord's future/interest in the mobile/portable space. A shame. Chord Electronics, I so trully want you to prove me very wrong. I would be very happy and reorder the 2yu.

Nov 2, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #4,599 of 6,290
Can't you connect the H2 directly via USB to the roon core? No need for the 2go.
Yes you can, but that would involve screwing on the 2go every time you want to be on the move with it. I did the direct to ethernet experiment just to demonstrate that it can be done. Upon deeper listening with this set up I'm considering going back to the wifi set up. Although there is more detail in direct ethernet mode, I find it fatiguing for longer listening sessions.

Nov 3, 2020 at 5:05 AM Post #4,600 of 6,290
Silence on 2go Roon Certification;

They said that they would post an update when an update was available. I'm sure they are as enthusiastic to get the certification finished as we are. Would you like them to post an update saying that there isn't an update? :wink:

Nov 3, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #4,601 of 6,290
They said that they would post an update when an update was available. I'm sure they are as enthusiastic to get the certification finished as we are. Would you like them to post an update saying that there isn't an update? :wink:

Love your YouTube channel. No, an update on:

1. What are the issues causing the delay. Just be open. Especially now that new user will not be able to secure "developer" status from Roon.
2. ETA on the 2yu

Nov 3, 2020 at 7:38 AM Post #4,602 of 6,290
Silence on 2go Roon Certification; some now not accepted as "developers" as a workaround. No sign of updates on 2yu release (cancelled my preorder and refunded). So many of us thought this would go so much smoother with "learnings" from Poly growing pain experience. (Love my Poly with FW 2.0) who could have predicted this. Longer the silence goes on the less faith I have for resolution or even Chord's future/interest in the mobile/portable space. A shame. Chord Electronics, I so trully want you to prove me very wrong. I would be very happy and reorder the 2yu.

The 2YU is 2L8 and is nowhere 2BE seen. Chord has not told a release date 2YU, 2ME, or 2ANY1.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #4,603 of 6,290

Why are they still lying on their website? The 2Go is not Roon Ready, and it is dishonest to claim it is. Whatever issues there are, there is no excuse for a misleading website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back