Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 22, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #3,481 of 6,314
Yesterday I reported a glitch free dsd256 and 384 pcm experience. This morning its skipping again. There are more people in the house and more connected devices, albeit all on the 5ghz network.
I give up.

Jul 22, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #3,482 of 6,314
Yesterday I reported a glitch free dsd256 and 384 pcm experience. This morning its skipping again. There are more people in the house and more connected devices, albeit all on the 5ghz network.
I give up.

What I found helped was going into my router and manually setting the channel to one not used by nearby routers. I used Wifi Explorer (MacOS) to see what is around. My router also has a setting to auto-set channels to avoid interference (Netgear R8000P) though I haven't tried it. Changing the channel definitely seemed to help.

Jul 22, 2020 at 11:28 PM Post #3,483 of 6,314
What I found helped was going into my router and manually setting the channel to one not used by nearby routers. I used Wifi Explorer (MacOS) to see what is around. My router also has a setting to auto-set channels to avoid interference (Netgear R8000P) though I haven't tried it. Changing the channel definitely seemed to help.
There aren't any other routers. I can only see my network. I realised that one of the devices connected to the 5ghz band was doing a heavy upload. As soon as the upload was done, ( it was showing between a half to 2 mbps) the glitching stopped. This even though the 2.4ghz band is fully reserved for the 2go.
Even 24/96 glitches in this scenario.
Something is definitely amiss with the 2go here. Or in the way roon interfaces with the 2go. Isn't 2go a roon certified device/undergoing certification?
I'm wondering if the 2go would accept an external USB wifi dongle with a USB to ethernet adapter. This could bypass the 2go's built in antenna. Desperation is the mother of invention I suppose.

Jul 23, 2020 at 1:55 AM Post #3,484 of 6,314
I give up.
Pretty sure ther is a ROON ISSUE as well that needs a major SW fix. Was streaming 192 from audiravana for hours with zero issues.... chord please work with ROON ON THESE ISSUES! !

Jul 23, 2020 at 1:57 AM Post #3,485 of 6,314
I'm probably feeding myself to the lions here, but I've had my 2go for a few days now and am really happy with it! Using wifi I'm streaming from Roon up to and including 192hz and DSD128 flawlessly - I have virtually no files above this and don't upscale. It's also working perfectly using MConnect with Qobuz and also all the files stored on my phone and Fiio M11 DAP - this is a simple alternative for me to using the SD card slots. If I wanted to use higher res files, it would probably be part of a desktop setup and I'd then be using ethernet. I think Chord need a be more realistic with their marketing in describing the limitations of a wifi connection, but it won't be an issue for most if I am a typical user.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 2:00 AM Post #3,486 of 6,314
I'm probably feeding myself to the lions here, but I've had my 2go for a few days now and am really happy with it! Using wifi I'm streaming from Roon up to and including 192hz and DSD128 flawlessly - I have virtually no files above this and don't upscale. It's also working perfectly using MConnect with Qobuz and also all the files stored on my phone and Fiio M11 DAP - this is a simple alternative for me to using the SD card slots. If I wanted to use higher res files, it would probably be part of a desktop setup and I'd then be using ethernet. I think Chord need a be more realistic with their marketing in describing the limitations of a wifi connection, but it won't be an issue for most if I am a typical user.
How much better do you find H2go than m11.... I had m15 and got H2go and was shocked at how much better it was!

Jul 23, 2020 at 2:06 AM Post #3,487 of 6,314
How much better do you find H2go than m11.... I had m15 and got H2go and was shocked at how much better it was!
There is no comparison whatsoever - like having a sieve full of diamonds in mud and washing away the mud! Saying that the M11 is very good with a decent set of IEMs musically, just nowhere near the level of detail retrieval.

Jul 23, 2020 at 2:11 AM Post #3,488 of 6,314
Can I add however that the Gofigure app is an embarrassment - it even keeps telling me I have zero battery when I've got a full charge. Fortunately it's not going to be needed very often and once the initial firmware update and configuration are done, you can just stick to Roon and an upnp app.

Jul 23, 2020 at 2:36 AM Post #3,489 of 6,314
For those of you who face a scenario where you plug-unplug the charging cable from the micro USB port many times a day: I got myself a magnetic cable where the micro bit stays inside the 2go and the cable latches on via its magnetic head. Works a treat, and will help reduce wear and tear on the 2go micro charging slot.

Jul 23, 2020 at 2:45 AM Post #3,490 of 6,314
There is no comparison whatsoever - like having a sieve full of diamonds in mud and washing away the mud! Saying that the M11 is very good with a decent set of IEMs musically, just nowhere near the level of detail retrieval.
Agree! This is why I am convinced that many in headfi are deluded. H2go is simply the best dap on earth by a wide margin.... this is NOT subjective. It’s fact.

Jul 23, 2020 at 2:47 AM Post #3,491 of 6,314
For those of you who face a scenario where you plug-unplug the charging cable from the micro USB port many times a day: I got myself a magnetic cable where the micro bit stays inside the 2go and the cable latches on via its magnetic head. Works a treat, and will help reduce wear and tear on the 2go micro charging slot.
Cool! Link?

does the charger that comes with the h2 charge faster than usb to micro usb?

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 3:23 AM Post #3,492 of 6,314

yes, link please. Can the micro bit be removed? I might want to use a regular micro usb cable at times.

slightly OT, but did anyone notice that Regilian added Siri support last week. I can tell Siri to "play ‘song title’" and it very often works.

Jul 23, 2020 at 3:30 AM Post #3,493 of 6,314
Making an album playlist isn't hard... 🙂

In Windows, for example, (not a general case):

1) take your sd card music library and mount it on your pc;
2) open a command prompt window;
3) navigate to a folder on the sd card containing the tracks for an album;
4) execute "listdir *.flac >> playlist.m3u"

You now have a playlist.

Obviously this only works if your tracks are organised in folders by album. If your albums are not explicitly represented in the folder structure but are only implicit in the track id3 tags then you'd be obliged to use something like MALP to construct an album from the tags and then make a playlist for it. The example is to illustrate how easy it is to make a playlist. It is just a text file.

The trick is to do this automatically for hundreds of albums. That is harder. The other trick is to make playlists that are acceptable to gofigure.

At least, having made a few playlists according to the Chord video, I am now able to put the sd card back in the pc and see what was actually put on it.

If I return to the issue of automating playlist creation for my library then at least I now have a clear idea of what I have to create.

I would be prompted to return to the issue if I think any of the following are true:

1) significant improvements are made to the gofigure's risible music player user interface;
2) I form the view that there is a SQ bump in Bluetooth-only mode (the jury is out);
3) it becomes clear that using WiFi in any form is a problem.

I did notice that, using gofigure to play a playlist, I could start the hugo 2go and then turn off my phone (so the hugo 2go was completely on its own) and it would trundle through the whole playlist. That's already a fairly big deal for me as it shows the hugo 2go can operate totally independently.

It's really not that easy 🙂🙂

Like cocaine, if you use it then you know it's harmful but when you're on the high... Oh man 😳

Don't leave. Stick around. Every forum needs good contributors. Every forum has a wide spectrum of quality in the postings. 😔

I‘m not nearly this proficient and am on macOS and iOS. If anyone figured out the playlist creation automation that Steve figured out on windows, please advise I have a 1TB card in the 2Go with a folder called music, then sub folders by artist name, then sub, sub folders for each album (e.g., Music>Aerosmith>Greatest Hits is one path and Music>Aerosmith>Toys In The Attic would be another path for another Aerosmith album), and each album’s folder has a cover.jpg file.

Jul 23, 2020 at 4:09 AM Post #3,494 of 6,314
Re Magnetic cables: its pretty generic stuff. Just make sure its 3A rated ( most of them are). Just search magnetic usb charging cables in the amazon store relevant to your country.
I use an allo Nirvana charger with a usb as well as barrel plug outputs, both rated at 2.8 A each. Plenty of current to charge both the 2go and h2 from a single usb outlet.Your usb charger's current rating will determine if both 2go and h2 get charged simultaneously or not.
I highly recommend the allo Nirvana charger. https://www.allo.com/sparky/nirvana-smps.html
Its the best charger I found in my time with the h2 ( 2years). All other smps chargers added some noise to the stream.Yes, I've tried the Ifi varieties as well, This one just creams the lot. Plus you also get two outputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back