Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 23, 2020 at 4:40 AM Post #3,496 of 6,314
Re Magnetic cables: its pretty generic stuff. Just make sure its 3A rated ( most of them are). Just search magnetic usb charging cables in the amazon store relevant to your country.
I use an allo Nirvana charger with a usb as well as barrel plug outputs, both rated at 2.8 A each. Plenty of current to charge both the 2go and h2 from a single usb outlet.Your usb charger's current rating will determine if both 2go and h2 get charged simultaneously or not.
I highly recommend the allo Nirvana charger. https://www.allo.com/sparky/nirvana-smps.html
Its the best charger I found in my time with the h2 ( 2years). All other smps chargers added some noise to the stream.Yes, I've tried the Ifi varieties as well, This one just creams the lot. Plus you also get two outputs.

‘thanks. Just picked some up, and the charger too.

Jul 23, 2020 at 4:55 AM Post #3,497 of 6,314
I‘m not nearly this proficient and am on macOS and iOS. If anyone figured out the playlist creation automation that Steve figured out on windows, please advise I have a 1TB card in the 2Go with a folder called music, then sub folders by artist name, then sub, sub folders for each album (e.g., Music>Aerosmith>Greatest Hits is one path and Music>Aerosmith>Toys In The Attic would be another path for another Aerosmith album), and each album’s folder has a cover.jpg file.
I'm working on a procedure now which I think should work for you too, if you can get access to a windows pc. As I've said before, I have no clue how to do this in iOS.

My Windows cmd line skills are extremely rusty. I actually originally learned this stuff on Unix 4.2BSD back in the 80's. Windows batch scripts are a lot balkier than Unix ever was so it is slowish going.

I am not trying to treat a general case. Just getting something to work for me. If other people can use it or adapt it then well and good 🙂

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 5:03 AM Post #3,498 of 6,314
Re Magnetic cables: its pretty generic stuff. Just make sure its 3A rated ( most of them are). Just search magnetic usb charging cables in the amazon store relevant to your country.
I use an allo Nirvana charger with a usb as well as barrel plug outputs, both rated at 2.8 A each. Plenty of current to charge both the 2go and h2 from a single usb outlet.Your usb charger's current rating will determine if both 2go and h2 get charged simultaneously or not.
I highly recommend the allo Nirvana charger. https://www.allo.com/sparky/nirvana-smps.html
Its the best charger I found in my time with the h2 ( 2years). All other smps chargers added some noise to the stream.Yes, I've tried the Ifi varieties as well, This one just creams the lot. Plus you also get two outputs.
Cool, I've got a Nirvana coming to me. Posted from France on Tuesday, hopefully here soon.

Jul 23, 2020 at 5:11 AM Post #3,499 of 6,314
Can I add however that the Gofigure app is an embarrassment - it even keeps telling me I have zero battery when I've got a full charge. Fortunately it's not going to be needed very often and once the initial firmware update and configuration are done, you can just stick to Roon and an upnp app.
Chord probably think that acceding to any requests regarding the "music hub" in gofigure will lead to an avalanche of more requests which they would then find much harder to refuse. I can understand this.

However, couldn't it at least be able to display the tracks in a playlist? Even if they can't be selected? Then the user would have some better idea of how to use the ⏭️ and ⏮️ to play a desired track.

Jul 23, 2020 at 6:06 AM Post #3,500 of 6,314
yes, link please. Can the micro bit be removed? I might want to use a regular micro usb cable at times.

slightly OT, but did anyone notice that Regilian added Siri support last week. I can tell Siri to "play ‘song title’" and it very often works.

I wish I'd known about Rigelian before. It's much snappier than 8player Pro.

Jul 23, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #3,502 of 6,314
Jul 23, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #3,503 of 6,314
There was me thinking a 2yu and a 2Go would be a nice front end for my M Scaler and DAVE. I think I am going to think again! Spending good money on a headache does not appeal to me. Money is hard to come by in these times, and if Chord want anymore of mine they will have to do a better, rock-solid job.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #3,504 of 6,314
There was me thinking a 2yu and a 2Go would be a nice front end for my M Scaler and DAVE. I think I am going to think again! Spending good money on a headache does not appeal to me. Money is hard to come by in these times, and if Chord want anymore of mine they will have to do a better, rock-solid job.
You have time to think about it. 2Yu is not available yet and we don't know when it will be :)

I asked a date to @Matt Bartlett but without success.

Personally I already bought the 2Go and I am waiting the 2yu to put it in front of my Qutest.
And I want to use it as a Roon endpoint via the gigabit interface I think it will be fine.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #3,505 of 6,314
You have time to think about it. 2Yu is not available yet and we don't know when it will be :)

Personally I already bought the 2Go and I am waiting the 2yu to put it in front of my Qutest.
And I want to use it as a Roon endpoint via the gigabit interface I think it will be fine.
Well, I have a modest laptop that is a perfectly fine Roon core and endpoint, and I have a Squeezebox Touch which also works well as a Roon endpoint, or LMS endpoint, or UPnP endpoint. Either work trouble free into my MScaler/DAVE. You can get a Squeezebox Touch for a tenth of the cost of a 2Yu/2Go, and it works fine on 2.8Ghz wifi and ethernet. Moreover, although it is In a boring plastic case, the cabling is neat and it can be hidden away inconspicuously. Much as I like Chord I find it hard to understand why I should spend a huge amount of money for less functionality than I already have, and have a headache into the bargain. Chord need to up their game. A premium product with a premium price should give premium performance. I can’t believe that after the fiasco of the Poly they have done the same again.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #3,506 of 6,314
Chord are notoriously tight-lipped about future products and launch dates, so i doubt that Matt would post a date for 2Yu.
He may not even know the 2Yu shipping date yet - 2yu has already been delayed by covid causing Chords UK suppliers to close.
Those suppliers have only been reopened for a month, and already the news is full of reports of covid cases increasing rapidly, and governments hinting at the return of lockdown. Worst case could be that 2Yu is delayed again.

Looking instead on the brighter side, Moon Audio were advertising the 2Yu in stock during September.
US/Canadian dealers usually seem to get their hands on new Chord products a month after the UK/European dealers, which would imply that 2Yu will start shipping to UK/Europe sometime during August.
Personally I don't feel confident about August. Moon Audio advertised shipping dates are often exposed as works of pure fiction, and the possibility of a covid 2nd wave with renewed lockdown looks ominous. :slight_frown:

Jul 23, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #3,507 of 6,314
If you are not using this for the H2 integration to streamline. MUCH better options for your other gear. I USE SOTM for my tt2 mscaler. 2Go+2YU is a garish frankenstein product. 2go + h2 (when working) is a wonderful streamlined product.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #3,508 of 6,314
If you are not using this for the H2 integration to streamline. MUCH better options for your other gear. I USE SOTM for my tt2 mscaler. 2Go+2YU is a garish frankenstein product.
I'm not sure we will ever see 2yu. The 2Go is a pretty add on for the Hugo2, but requires this ugly dongle to work with anything else. Agreed there are so many better options to choose...

Jul 23, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #3,510 of 6,314
‘thanks. Just picked some up, and the charger too.
I just ordered Wsken x-cable 2. A video review approved of this on the basis that no matter how the cable is offered up to the magnetic connector it always snaps cleanly into place without ever getting jammed at an angle.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back