Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Apr 20, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #1,636 of 6,290
Any way to stream from UAPP on Android to my 2Go?

Apr 20, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #1,638 of 6,290
Any way to stream from UAPP on Android to my 2Go?
I've not tried it myself. Doesn't uapp allow dlna/upnp? If it does, it should work (I think :) )

Apr 20, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #1,641 of 6,290
deleted

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #1,644 of 6,290
just hearing the "clicks" and "pops" for the first time. only experience it via Airplay.

Are you sure just with Airplay? I notice them with any playback method.

I got a new router recently. Gonna switch out this week and see if there's any difference.

Apr 20, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #1,645 of 6,290
Are you sure just with Airplay? I notice them with any playback method.

I got a new router recently. Gonna switch out this week and see if there's any difference.

Yes, it is Airplay only. DLNA works fine if I use the Chord Poly as a benchmark.

Quite interesting that people who were claiming “no issues” are now also finding that they run into the same issue with Airplay.

So probably all 2GO’s have this issue most likely.

Apr 20, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #1,646 of 6,290
Yes, it is Airplay only. DLNA works fine if I use the Chord Poly as a benchmark.

Quite interesting that people who were claiming “no issues” are now also finding that they run into the same issue with Airplay.

So probably all 2GO’s have this issue most likely.

Granted when I say any mode, I mean BubbleUPnP streaming from Tidal or accessing sdcard content on my Android phone, or Airplay on my secondary iPhone. Haven't tried any other programs, like mconnect or glider.

I hope this problem is a software one that can be fixed without a recall. The more time I spend with it, the more I notice the blips. Pretty darn distracting at this point, especially for a device that has "pure audio" boldly printed when you open the box.

Apr 20, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #1,649 of 6,290
In my book Chord makes great audio devices and clearly lacks expertise, knowledge and engineering skills in area of network devices. This should not be surprising since how many network equipment manufactures make great DACs or AMPs? What is surprising for me is that company that goes into such lengthy an costly development processes for audio devices caring about all those little details has no problem at all releasing such add-ons.
Very, very well said! Every Chord audio product is breathtaking-ly delightful. No other audio product has given me such joy as M Scaler + DAVE. And, at their respective price points, on a joy/$ basis, the Hugo 2 and Mojo out-delight all the competitors I've auditioned.

And this is what makes the Poly & 2Go so frustrating. Yes, they sort of work, but as they're so fiddly, unintuitive and buggy, interacting with them is far from "delightful". Yes, once configured to particular use case (Roon, SD, DLNA, etc), they get out of the way and you're back to the joy of the Mojo or Hugo 2, but moving between the use cases is frustrating. It doesn't need to be this way—a great app developer could easily redesign the user experience to make it a frictionless and delightful.

My guess is that Chord is getting really poor advice from an external consultant/firmware/app developer who somehow convinced an otherwise amazing product team at Chord that what they're building is somehow worthy of Chord's brand. It's not, and Chord needs to find another partner to move these products forward.

muski

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #1,650 of 6,290
Looking for a headphone recommendation to pair with my Hugo2go . I'm debating between utopia and empyrean . Anyone with these 2 headphones care to share how they sound with the Hugo2go?..and which one is the best pairing . thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back