Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Apr 20, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #1,651 of 6,287
Looking for a headphone recommendation to pair with my Hugo2go . I'm debating between utopia and empyrean . Anyone with these 2 headphones care to share how they sound with the Hugo2go?..and which one is the best pairing . thanks
I’d throw in the Audeze 4z into that mix as well. I currently have one I’m evaluating. When paired with the Hugo 2 they plays to each other’s strengths to create a portable combo like I’ve never heard.

Apr 20, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #1,652 of 6,287
Well it's reached that point in the rotational cycle of posts where the weekly discussion concerning my ipod touch roon endpoint is just about due....many thanks mk.:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Apr 20, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #1,653 of 6,287
I’d throw in the Audeze 4z into that mix as well. I currently have one I’m evaluating. When paired with the Hugo 2 they plays to each other’s strengths to create a portable combo like I’ve never heard.
can you expand on the 4z with h2g soundquality? did you try 4z with mojopoly? i have and was not impressed.from tt2 mscaler seemed like another beast. curious about h2g experience

Apr 20, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #1,654 of 6,287
4z sounds great but as with all audeze heavy cans the comfort was bad for me.

Apr 20, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #1,655 of 6,287
no issues with Roon, DLNA/UPnP, or SD card (so far). just Airplay.

There is definitely an issue with AirPlay but I think it is caused by certain network configurations. Hopefully this is the case as it should be a relatively painless fix.

Apr 20, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #1,656 of 6,287
can you expand on the 4z with h2g soundquality? did you try 4z with mojopoly? i have and was not impressed.from tt2 mscaler seemed like another beast. curious about h2g experience
Sure, I sold the Mojo when I got my Hugo 2 and never looked back. So I can’t comment on the Mojo/4z pairing. I can say that the Hugo 2 was a significant step up in sound quality to my ears. I tried the 4z’s on a couple different amps, like the Gilmore Lite Mk2 and the Cavalli Liquid Carbon 2.0 that I have. But it wasn’t until I tried them with Hugo 2 that I sat up in my chair. The clarity, detail and dynamics jumped out at me. The bass was deep, defined, and impactful. The mids were were clearer, cleaner, and vocals were sweeter. The treble had more clarity and became more open sounding. Imaging and instrument placement took a step up. It just took the 4z’s to another level to my ears.

Apr 21, 2020 at 5:28 AM Post #1,657 of 6,287
I am continuing to update the spreadsheet with posters and issues.
Focusing here just on those owners who are experiencing the clicking issue, some of you are mentioning that the clicking only occurs when using Airplay.
That is interesting feedback, but would be even better with additional info, so:
@NYanakiev , @Doody , @Feedbacker , @muski , @mrandery , @Ards , @EdDale , @MSXX are you able to post whether:
  • clicking only with Airplay
  • clicking with Airplay and other connection methods (named)
  • clicking with other connection methods (named), but excluding Airplay

NameStatusComments
NYanakiev07 - Owned - Problems (clicking)
Doody07 - Owned - Problems (clicking)
supervisor07 - Owned - Problems (clicking)when using Airplay
ubs2807 - Owned - Problems (clicking)when using Airplay
joshnor71307 - Owned - Problems (clicking)All methods
enragedlemon07 - Owned - Problems (clicking)when using Airplay
Feedbacker07 - Owned - Problems (clicking)
muski07 - Owned - Problems (clicking)
mrandery07 - Owned - Problems (clicking)
Ards07 - Owned - Problems (clicking)
EdDale 07 - Owned - Problems (clicking)
MSXX07 - Owned - Problems (clicking)

Apr 21, 2020 at 5:31 AM Post #1,658 of 6,287
I am continuing to update the spreadsheet with posters and issues.
Focusing here just on those owners who are experiencing the clicking issue, some of you are mentioning that the clicking only occurs when using Airplay.
That is interesting feedback, but would be even better with additional info, so:
@NYanakiev , @Doody , @Feedbacker , @muski , @mrandery , @Ards , @EdDale , @MSXX are you able to post whether:
  • clicking only with Airplay
  • clicking with Airplay and other connection methods (named)
  • clicking with other connection methods (named), but excluding Airplay

NameStatusComments
NYanakiev07 - Owned - Problems (clicking)
Doody07 - Owned - Problems (clicking)
supervisor07 - Owned - Problems (clicking)when using Airplay
ubs2807 - Owned - Problems (clicking)when using Airplay
joshnor71307 - Owned - Problems (clicking)All methods
enragedlemon07 - Owned - Problems (clicking)when using Airplay
Feedbacker07 - Owned - Problems (clicking)
muski07 - Owned - Problems (clicking)
mrandery07 - Owned - Problems (clicking)
Ards07 - Owned - Problems (clicking)
EdDale07 - Owned - Problems (clicking)
MSXX07 - Owned - Problems (clicking)
'All methods' for me

Apr 21, 2020 at 5:36 AM Post #1,659 of 6,287
I should perhaps add that I have now received a replacement unit from Chord/Audio Sanctuary, who have been excellent, and the clicking issue persists. I'm concluding that it is unlikely to be a hardware problem, therefore, though it isn't conclusive proof. At least Chord now have a unit which has exhibited the behaviour in their possession, so I'm thinking we have to watch this space...

Apr 21, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #1,661 of 6,287
I had pops (sounding like an old vinyl) which have disappeared with the disengaging of the internet provider’s router.

No issues.
That makes sense as the pops and clicks are likely to be caused by drops in the signal. It is very possible that the WiFi and ethernet hardware within the 2Go is below par and if anything else in the chain is not top spec then problems will arise.

Apr 21, 2020 at 6:24 AM Post #1,662 of 6,287
That makes sense as the pops and clicks are likely to be caused by drops in the signal. It is very possible that the WiFi and ethernet hardware within the 2Go is below par and if anything else in the chain is not top spec then problems will arise.

I’ve noticed by doing some logging on my router that the 2go doesn’t get a connection speed faster than 72Mbit/s. That means it’s only supports 20Mhz with a single data stream (no MIMO). That’s extremely strange for anything in 2020. @Matt Bartlett I am hoping this is just a software limit (for battery life) rather than a hardware one as this would seriously impact the range the 2go can perform at.

Apr 21, 2020 at 7:08 AM Post #1,663 of 6,287
Have you ever found an explanation for this?
From my experience, the fiber does not have to be longer than the one in the Hugo2 box. And even those made of borosilicate glass or quartz do not all give the same results. I was disappointed with the audioquest Carbon and Forest fibers. I will test the diamond soon with the 2yu.
545 euro for 0.75 m, that leaves you dreaming.
Currently, I'm using 2 Wireworld Supernova for the mscaler and the Dave.
What are you using?

I'm using the 1300 strand Sysconcepts optical cable. IMO the super-expensive optical cables are a waste of money. To the Hugo 2, from the D300REF streamer, a longish stock Chord optical cable and the Sysconcepts were the same.

I suspect that with the very cheap Sony optical cable, which I connected from my iMac, that the distortion/jitter was simply so high that the Hugo 2 couldn't correct for it.

Looking for a headphone recommendation to pair with my Hugo2go . I'm debating between utopia and empyrean . Anyone with these 2 headphones care to share how they sound with the Hugo2go?..and which one is the best pairing . thanks

Have you seen my review of the Empyrean? I'm going to throw the Final D8000 Pro in your list. I'm going to review it soon, but it sits in the middle between them.

Apr 21, 2020 at 7:42 AM Post #1,664 of 6,287
I’m listening using a second hand mint pair of Nightowls. Sounds pretty good to me...,,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back