choose me a pair of headphones! :)
Apr 5, 2011 at 5:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

SHURE530

New Head-Fier
Greetings.

I really love music.

And i feel that it's about time i move up a tier from my shure 530. (no sir, not enough bass for me)

I want to find a pair of headphones which would make my hypothetical afro rock with each beat.

Let me share what i know so far.

The audio technica MD50's are really good for bass. but i feel it's kinda low end.

I've read the reviews here with regards to the Denon 5000 (crap unless it's modded), Audio Technica AD2000 (noise leak and not as strong on the bass as compared to the Denon 5000), and the sennheiser HD 650 (kinda the all rounder).

I know that picking a headphone is something like harry potter choosing his wand. Its not as easy as getting a pair of earphones.

I don't have tons of $$ so i really want to make this one count.

So my budget is 500 euros (700 usd?) for the headphones and about 100 euro (200usd?) on the amps.

so............................................. any recommendations/thoughts?

Regards

Apr 5, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #2 of 37
Welcome to head-fi, 

You dont have to worry, you have a nice budget for headphones. Are you looking for crazy bass? or something more balanced? 

Apr 5, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #3 of 37
my friend had a pair of akg k702 (with tube amps) and i felt that the bass on that wasn't strong enough. It gave me a more 'mid-range' feel.

I want really strong bass, BUT the bass MUST be clear and not produce some 'bass fart' kinda sound.

Mids should be relatively good cuz, like most audiophiles, i listen to a wide range of music. (jazz, pop, rock, classical, etc.) lol.

am i asking for too much? :frowning2:

Apr 5, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #6 of 37
reasons for the ultrasone pro 900?

sorry i left out certain slight details, the headphones i'm looking for definitely has to be over the ear.

i don't particularly mind if the headphones are opened or closed

Apr 5, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #10 of 37
I also recommend taking a look on the Pro 900's. They have strong bass (not overpowering) mids and highs are smooth. 

Apr 5, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #13 of 37
saying i want my headphones to be something mid-ish.
i'm reading the reviews for the ultrasone now but i hear no mention on how comfy they are.
that aside, i see everyone here is going for the pro 900.. do you guys own a pair?
are there any higher end bass headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back