Choice in IEM's below $100( Budget now $200)
Dec 8, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #46 of 56
Actually just to clarify unless I'm mistaken not all of the earphones by Westone are made in the USA. I believe the UM series is made in the USA but the Westone 1,2, and 3 are made in China. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it's only the UM series.

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:55 AM Post #47 of 56
GD Audiobase is only in preordering status as well. So, do expect them to take awhile to get the stock and to send them all the way over from Russia. They are a Russian-based website. If it helps you, they are completely legit.

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #48 of 56
if you're looking for neutral i'd say Etymotic MC5s.  Bass is not huge, but it's controlled and realistic.  and the treble's not tinny at all...

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #49 of 56

Quote:
if you're looking for neutral i'd say Etymotic MC5s.  Bass is not huge, but it's controlled and realistic.  and the treble's not tinny at all...

I love the MC5 and I wouldn't dare to call the MC5 neutral at all. They are... quite bright.

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:35 AM Post #50 of 56
i've found with these that FR depends an incredible amount on fit, seal, and tip choice.  So they probably do sound bright to you, they did to me also, 'till i figured out how to get the best sound from those pesky tri-flanges :wink:

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #51 of 56

Quote:
i've found with these that FR depends an incredible amount on fit, seal, and tip choice.  So they probably do sound bright to you, they did to me also, 'till i figured out how to get the best sound from those pesky tri-flanges :wink:

I got the seal because I can hear the bass you are talking about. And like I said, I love the MC5. :)

However, after auditioning loads of earphones like RE-ZERO, Brainwavz M3, HJE900, CK10, Sony's EX1000 and EX600... and now a very proud owner of the DBA-02 and SE425... I can't say it with a straight face that the MC5 is neutral.

Dec 9, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #53 of 56

Quote:
I wish I wasn't broke :frowning2:

Well, I am now severely broke.
redface.gif

Pot noodle for lunch, dinner and breakfast, I guess!

Dec 9, 2010 at 10:34 PM Post #55 of 56

Quote:
And that is exactly why I have family buy me most of the headphones i want.

You know, when you get to a certain age... asking parents to buy you gifts and toys isn't really that appropriate. Especially when I am not really talking about $200 worth headphones anymore, haha!

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #56 of 56

Quote:
Quote:
And that is exactly why I have family buy me most of the headphones i want.

You know, when you get to a certain age... asking parents to buy you gifts and toys isn't really that appropriate. Especially when I am not really talking about $200 worth headphones anymore, haha!

Lol true true, but at my ripe age of 17, it's still the thing that works well. I'll probably ask for a good amp next. x) Though my mom more forces it on us( me and my sisters) then anything. THey are both over 20 and she tells them "I have $200 for you, what do you want?". -_-'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back