Choice in IEM's below $100( Budget now $200)
Nov 20, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #16 of 56

Quote:
In comparison to RE0's, what do they sound like?

Full, lush, liquid, etc (m3) vs thin, dry, analytical (RE0). Very different sound. The RE0 still has better clarity and slightly more detail to my ears but the M3 is impressive as a total experience. Both are well-balanced.

Nov 25, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #19 of 56
Alright, well I see now that the RE0's wouldn't be right for me, so then the question is out of the Audeo Phonak Perfect Bass's and the Brainwavz M3's, which has better isolation?

Nov 25, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #20 of 56
If you want isolation, the ER6i is about as good as it gets. It is pretty neutral and some find the bass to be lacking (I think it sounds very balanced). You can get them for around $70 on Amazon.

Nov 25, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #21 of 56
Isolation isn't the main thing I'm wanting, I've actually looked at the ER6i's but skipped over them. I'm mostly looking around for sound, but realized yesterday, that having some isolation would be helpful. Riding in a car with 2 teenaged girls  who mainly have control over the radio is a terror on the ears...

Nov 29, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #22 of 56

Quote:
Isolation isn't the main thing I'm wanting, I've actually looked at the ER6i's but skipped over them. I'm mostly looking around for sound, but realized yesterday, that having some isolation would be helpful. Riding in a car with 2 teenaged girls  who mainly have control over the radio is a terror on the ears...

It must be the JUSTIN BEIBER!

Nov 29, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #24 of 56
I'm not sure if it was just the Re0s I got but I felt that there was a decent amount of bass not lacking at all. It wasn't like it was super there, but it showed more than some other IEMs that people said "didn't have bass." The music that went through them though sounded sort of emotionless in my opinion I liked it but everyone varies. If you like that the RE0s are a surefire. But also consider the durability of the Re0s since they are not durable whatsoever. 

Nov 30, 2010 at 8:29 AM Post #25 of 56
The "oomph" of the bass is something that would be liked but I can deal without.
Though my question still stands as to which has better isolation, Perfect Bass' or M3's.

Nov 30, 2010 at 8:39 AM Post #26 of 56
Personally if you're looking for a more neutral sound but want more bass than the RE0, I would go for the limited run RE-ZEROs. They are slightly less analytical but offer much better balance and a bit more bass (sufficient for me at least). I personally own a pair and can attest to them not being "dry" or thin. At $99 I'll definitely take them as the best under $100.

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #28 of 56

Quote:
The "oomph" of the bass is something that would be liked but I can deal without.
Though my question still stands as to which has better isolation, Perfect Bass' or M3's.

Neither. Both have pretty mediocre isolation for higher-end in-ears but probably good enough for day-to-day use.

Nov 30, 2010 at 2:24 PM Post #29 of 56

Quote:

Quote:
In comparison to RE0's, what do they sound like?

Full, lush, liquid, etc (m3) vs thin, dry, analytical (RE0). Very different sound. The RE0 still has better clarity and slightly more detail to my ears but the M3 is impressive as a total experience. Both are well-balanced.

RE0 is not dry at all IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back